Mizahar Anthology

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Warden Thrice on March 4th, 2012, 4:52 am

We all love Mizahar. It is a small beacon of light in a world of bland cliches and ridiculously overdone themes. While the modern concept of "fantasy" involves almost nothing but elves, dragons, dwarves, and their ilk, Mizahar proves that fantasy does not depend on those that came before. I consider myself a good writer among my real life peers, but there are people here that I couldn't even begin to approach in quality. I am constantly amazed at how much beauty is packed into a this website, and while we do have our share of writers who would make us cringe, the good far outweighs the bad. It blazes its own trail, sings to its own tune, dances to its own beat, and is still bursting at the seams with diversity and creativity and overall wonderfulness.

I think that if Mizahar decided to publish even a small bit of its contents, it would be absolutely amazing. Maybe it could be as simple as putting all the featured threads of a year together and publishing that, or maybe there could be writing competitions or whatever, but my point is this: Mizahar is petchin' amazing. And I think that using an anthology to share it with the world beyond the internet would be fantastic.

What are your opinions on this? Do you think it would be a good idea? Do you think it would be a bad idea? Share your thoughts!
Warden Thrice
Player

Words: 85661
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 3:56 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Paragon on March 4th, 2012, 9:38 am

I had this idea ages ago but I never mentioned it! Tehe. It's such a good idea, and it could be used to make money for server costs. I would definitely buy...
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Nai'shee on March 5th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Naah, Mizahar is too big to share. But I agree it would be awesome. But consider how much lore you must know to understand one thread. We consider it easy after a while, but yet... However, it would be nice, just for players, for memory one day...TTwTT
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Paragon on March 5th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Yes, I'm not thinking of it commercially, more as a physical memento of Mizahar for players. I would fangush so much to have a Mizahar book with Ronan in ^^
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Verilian on March 6th, 2012, 12:36 am

I think it would be cool if someone wrote a novel or something about one of the PCs, or just in the Mizahar setting in general, and published that. The proceeds (or part of them anyway, writer's gotta make money too) could go to Mizahar. I would totally buy it and read it. Might even be tempted to write one myself. >.>

I've even toyed with the idea of adapting Mizahar to dnd rules for my dnd buddies. Publishing a tabletop version of Miz would be really cool. Anyway.. that's my input. The founders might not want any of that, though, which could be why it has never happened. I would hate to see Mizahar get destroyed by fame anyway.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Tiaue'a on March 6th, 2012, 12:52 am

Be careful about this though. Mizahar still has the rights to the content, like lore (the defining parts of MIzahar!!!). If we can get founder permission however... :) That'd be fuuuun.
Tiaue'a
Player

Words: 96770
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2011, 2:07 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Nai'shee on March 10th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Or if one of founders wrote it. :D But I would rather see it dying destroyed by fame than being commercialized for some reason. I saw few forums shutting down, it really is sad and emotional, but Mizahar is something for all of us to be happy to share, as a memory one day, rather than read from one's point of view. Just my opinion.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Xavior Silhouette on March 11th, 2012, 12:45 am

I'd get behind this idea. Though I'm going to lean more toward what Verillian has stated before. I'd personally get a group of writers together who'd like to participate and choose them to write a complete short story about anything set in the world of Mizahar. Then compile those fresh stories into one anthology. It would be easy to edit stories too. You'd just pass your story along to one of the other writers and swap them again one or two times until the product is collectively finished.
Life is what you make of it. Why not make it a piece of art that lasts till the end of time?
Xavior Silhouette
Player

Words: 195782
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Jarah Sulayman on March 11th, 2012, 5:04 pm

sadly I think this would be a no go as I have already asked about using Mizahar as a setting for stories that featured my PCs (asked on Thalj) and it was turned down or rather asked that such things (commercially publishing of the stories aka books) not be done.
Jarah Sulayman
Player

Words: 18837
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Mizahar Anthology

Postby Paragon on March 11th, 2012, 5:35 pm

I think this has been slightly misread... I was NOT picturing this as a commercial opportunity. I was picturing this as a nice anthology for players to keep as a memento. I wasn't implying this be turned into Apple mark 2 and shipped worldwide XD
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Next