Alchemy and Glyphing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Alchemy and Glyphing

Postby Rayage on March 9th, 2012, 7:29 pm

Heyo everyone.

I usually keep my question and answer sessions to PMs, but this time is a bit different. So, I want to know anyone's opinion on this.

Alchemy and Glyphing.

Im working on getting my glyphing up, and Im wondering if I could make a scroll (not at my current level obviously, but when I get to 26 pts) out of an alchemical reaction to store it for 'later'. What I would do is put the scroll in the center of the circle, and then do the reaction, placing the founts and filters as I would usually. Activate the circle and whatnot and push and store the changing energies in the sigil.

This sounds very possible to me, but I know shields cannot be stored, for some reason, and so I thought Id ask about this. New things call for questions, especially when the alchemist is not sure~
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Alchemy and Glyphing

Postby Verilian on March 12th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Well, I know you are able to.store a magecrafted item or even an animated golem in a glyph, I don't see why your idea wouldn't work.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)