[Northern Wilds] Belligerent Ghouls (Lusa, Rail)

There are worse things that go bump in the night.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Musca on March 24th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Timestamp: 38th of Spring, 512AV (Late evening)

It swelled in her- the growing irritation that she couldn't shake off. One that seemed to be planted far inside her, constantly biting at her and toying with her. There was no end to such an irritation- unquenchable irritation that did not ebb even at the presence of food. She almost laughed at herself. To call it food was nothing short of an exaggeration! The meat she and her slave had hunted down was weak and crippled, a sentient creature that lay waiting for the disease in his body to eat him. His flesh was merely fuel, nothing more.

Like fluid, her moods swiftly transitioned to another- moving smoothly to happiness and anger in a split of a chime, but the past few days since her visit to the springs and the events before that had rendered her a vicious company. Each word that fell out from her tongue was meant to cut and wound the receiver, make them bleed and cringe. There was poison in her words, seeking to currupt the delicate. Not even her new slave, Rail, was exempt from this.

Their nights together, while filled with passion, was a painful experience for the Kelvic- raw bites and wounds infecting various areas of his body, not to mention a couple of bruises that would soon begin to swell. Her treatment of him was no better outside of her bed- more than once she had hurled the odd item at the Kelvic, screaming in her native language.

Tonight, she laid alone, curled into a ball in her bed, her eyes glaring at nothing in particular. Musca didn't want the slave near her- when he tried to climb in, she had lashed out on him violently, leaving faint scratches on his arm and sent him in a corner out of her range of vision.

Slowly, her eyes pushed themselves closed and once again, her mind began to relive memories of her past home. Xy. Her childhood home- the place were nothing exempted her from the excellence that she knew she deserved. In there, she had everyone playing at her claws, willing to snap their backs if she wished it so. Here? Amongst the humans? She was nothing but a pesky bat trying to delude herself of grandeur. Musca could already see it in their beady little eyes- the loss of respect that stemmed from fear was beginning to wane, beginning to lose the flavour that it once held. Vapidly, she scratched the wall, the high pitch noise briefly dangled at her ears, threatening to burst inside.

There was no point in her musings- only empty thoughts that lead her into confusion. Why dwell in possibilities unseen? Ridiculous. Musca had a strong suspicion that this behaviour rooted from her meeting with the little pup at the graveyard. He had imposed more than his presence into her life; with him, he bought the gleeful memories of her childhood.

The realisation was enough to make her stand from her bed, anger flaring as furiously as a wildfire. She should've known. The pup. Of course it was him. Him and his feeble little ways. But try as she might, she couldn't place enough anger in him to bolt into the camp where he stayed in and rip his wings off him. Musca was fond of him, in her own way. She was simply pissed off for the sake of being pissed off.

Her stomach growled dangerously, wailing for food from its host. A hunt. She needed to hunt.

She stalked over to her pile of clothes and slipped them on her, not even batting an eye at the Kelvic as she passed by him. Musca was no lover of his- she was his master. Tenderness and foolish love was a stupid little joke.
"Pick yourself up, slave." She grounded out at him, "don't make me repeat myself. Get ready and change into your other form. We're going out."

A hunt. A hunt.

The crisp night was calling her.

A hunt. A hunt.

Her wings longed to spread.

notes on the music :
Before anyone bags me for it, I actually don't know a word of French (except the food related ones and some choice phrases), so if the music lyrics above has any material that one might consider as offensive, I apologise in advance and must stress of my ignorance. I simply thought the beat was awesome.
Last edited by Musca on April 1st, 2012, 10:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rail on March 28th, 2012, 6:06 am

Rail sat up stretching his bulging muscles gingerly. His mistresses bad mood had infused every aspect of his day with a horrible sadness. No matter what he attempted nothing would assuage her anger. The prospect of a hunt did intrigue him however. They had not gone after anything with real spirit in quite some time.

He smiled a sad grin as he shrugged out of his confining garments and shifted. With his true form the world jumped out clear and beautiful. The smell of blood and fear that permeated the cave sent shivers through his body. His eyes turned to Musca and softened he could see the muscles in her body taught and angry. Rails tail twitched with stymied anger at whoever could have flustered his lady so much.

The thought of fresh meat however his wistful thinking was quickly replaced with with a keen longing.Though his senses were enhanced even in human form nothing could compare to the clarity of this simplified view of the world. With an agitated hurumph he bounded over to his lady's side ready, and eager for the hunt.

The Creed

Yeah though i walk through the shadow of the valley of death I shall fear no evil for I have Musca and she is far worse >.>
Rail
Only a slave

Words: 31304
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2012, 1:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lusa on March 29th, 2012, 3:05 am

Once again, Lusa had come to the Northern Wilds, her former home, to sate her desire for a connection to the earth; she loved her brothers and sisters in the Crimson Edge, and especially she was attached to Zandelia, but sometimes she longed to feel the green earth beneath her hooves and enjoy the sweet, herbacious smell of the woods.

She also enjoyed the ability to consume more fibrous, raw plant life in this form; when she had two legs, she wasn't able to consume and digest them. Only as a doe was she able to eat the raw acorn, beechnut, the hickory nuts and pecans; they had to be soaked and dried or roasted for her to eat them as a human.

She sniffed happily at a patch of weeds; flowering dandelions. The tops were so fluffy and delicious, a favorite snack of hers. She munched upon them cheerily.

She was still cautious, however; time in Sunberth had hardened her somewhat, humanized her. She had not forgotten the time that Shadowfang had come upon her grazing in the woods, and neither had she forgotten her experience with slavers. Anyone trying to harm Lusa today would find themselves embarking on quite the merry chase.

Lusa
Player

Words: 31212
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2012, 5:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Musca on March 31st, 2012, 1:19 pm

At night, the forest belonged to her. Everything inside it, everything that moved and lived, simply belonged to her. It was a fact that rang clear and true as the spring night. Beside her, she heard her tiger linger, smelt his excitement for the event as they entered the Northern Hills. But she did not regard him and only walked brazenly ahead, not giving him enough time to orient himself to the change. He would've caught up easily, Musca knew, but it did not stop her from letting him know once again who was the master between them. The little petch had the gall to forget this fact once in a while.

In the open wild, where they delved deeper into the thicket of trees and shrubs and away from the main roads of new cities, Musca immersed herself in her nature; one that she had somewhat abandoned since her arrival to Sunberth in an effort to mingle with the locals. She breathed in deeply, letting the smell of sweet grass blend with the fragrance of dewy leaves. With a longing sigh, she continued to walk on, almost dazedly. Despite her announcement of their hunt, her movements would've looked arbitrary and wanton- far too many excessive movements, too heavy of footfalls and too much humming. While it might've chased away their game, Musca was content in wondering around the forest, blissfully ignoring both her stomach and her Kelvic as she contented herself with just feeling the forest.

Of course, she wasn't totally set in leaving empty handed. As she walked endlessly along the forest, Musca let her senses heighten, run wild and explore every nook that she could- keeping a careful ear and nose on anything that seemed foreign and out of place of the sweet scent of leaves and grass. Gently, the wind blew westward, towards them. Her wings tingled briefly from it's touch, shuddering as the cold pierced it's leather surface.

And then there it was. The scent of the distinct human- of sewer canals, sweat and grime. And yet, she could smell a hapless doe in the seems of the human grime, a sentiment that was carried as strongly it's human counterpart. She breathed it in, deeply, letting the scent weave into her mind, imprinting it until it stayed.
"This would do fine," she murmured lucidly, still captured by the scent. Finally, after what seemed forever, she finally moved and dove into the large expanse of grass underneath, taking her time to roll lazily. With a soft croon, she beckoned the tiger to her, holding out her hand as she did so. "Come, come lie beside me. We have to cover our scent lest the prey might run from us."

After spending a good amount of rolling, she finally stood and starting stretching her wings; checking her daggers were still intact. She started to beat her wings to the wind, just making enough sounds to make the docile realise the change of atmosphere. "I'm betting that the prey is on the middle of the hills, or somewhere close to that. I'll take it from the rear- you take the front." She narrowed her eyes. "Remember- don't do anything stupid, Rail. Keep an eye out to any possible exit that the prey might escape to. And if you see a human; humour them and wait for me. If they attack you, fight hard and don't get yourself killed."

With that warning, she took off to the sky, fuelled by the restlessness in her bones and wove her way between the trunks of the trees, darkness swallowing her lithe form.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rail on April 14th, 2012, 3:10 am

His mistress was displeased with him once again. The tiger let out a small pained whine as he watched her swaying rear meandering her way through the forest. He knew he must do something to regain her favor, but for the life of him he could not understand this beautiful creature whom he followed.

For now he would let the animal in him show her his form of currying favor, submission. He relegated himself to the station of guard dog and slowly padded behind his mistress, scenting the air, watching the brush, and generally attempting to see anything and everything within the forest. As they walked he noticed the slight shift in his mistresses demeanor, she walked a little lighter and he could see the ecstatic elation of the hunt play across her lovely face. There was a small purr of satisfaction before it hit him. An unusual smell of prey and man mixed, an oddity that was not lost on his mistress.

When she beckoned to him he slid lightly to the edge of the patch of grass she was wallowing in and sniffed he was rewarded with a loud sneeze for this plant whatever it was easily mussed with his senses. Grimly determined he jumped into the grass next to his mistress and rolled lightly with her. After a moment he almost came to see it as a game even going so far as to lick his mistress playfully. When they finally climbed out he huffed a relieved sigh. The mistress seemed far happier now.

With attentive ears he listened to all his master had to say before she took off, fast as a bolt of lightning into the air. His heart ached slightly at the sight of her captivating form receding into the midnight black of the forest but he knew that he had no time to grieve over the separation, It was time to hunt.

With a sniff he slid silently into the underbrush clawing his way deep into the hills.

The Creed

Yeah though i walk through the shadow of the valley of death I shall fear no evil for I have Musca and she is far worse >.>
Rail
Only a slave

Words: 31304
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2012, 1:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets