"Raw" magic [Discussion]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

"Raw" magic [Discussion]

Postby Tarot on August 20th, 2009, 8:52 pm

I've had a few convos in chat with people who wished to see a magic form that dealt in "raw" energy, either for shooting beams or creating solid objects out of. I don't have overly strong ideas for this one, so I'm leaving it open for development. I've heard thoughts about letting energy sprout out of the body, and I toyed with the idea of focusing Djed into points in space, then "connecting the dots" to form objects. Either way this magic could be combined with other magics to "charge" the energy thusly created. Just keep in mind that lightsaber-like effects are already possible with Luminance (Priskil's Gnosis). I'd rather avoid a duplicate! :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Re: "Raw" magic [Discussion]

Postby Gillar on August 21st, 2009, 4:46 am

Wouldn't this be possible as another use of Reimancy? I mean anything someone would want to create could be broken down into an element. For example, magically creating a metal object would be a mixture of fire and earth. For those wanting to simply hurl raw magic in the form of a beam or ball of energy, couldn't it be done by simply throwing magically charged "parts" of yourself at someone or something?
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)