[Evantide Tower] What Do You Do with a Fallen Star?(Illia)

Luke asks himself that question everyday now. Taking care of Illia is his responsibility. But how can he do that when he can hardly keep himself safe?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Luke Lammergeier on February 29th, 2012, 6:42 am

37th of Winter, 511 A.V.
Noon, Evantide Outpost

Clean shaven with long black hair pulled back in a pony tail. Luke looked more Drykas than Syliran. He had vowed to never shave again after his long stay in Endrykas. But he had grown fond of Sama'el and his people's strange customs. Besides, he was hardly recognizable and it worked to fool anyone that would of known him otherwise.

He walked through the grass trampled by human traffic and ox carts. To the market outside the outpost's stone walls. Evantide was a small settlement. It used to be a way station for Knights on their patrols from Syliras. Until a merchant or two settled down and started up trade. Pretty soon the stone walls were extended to accompany an inn and a few shops. Most of the market still traded outside the gates. As if challenging the Knights to build a little further.

Luke bartered and argued throughout the market. Buying bread, fruits and salted meat for their lunch. A new outfit for his new ward. A white tunic and black breeches. Colors he thought would match her Ethaefal form. And a Silver cloak with a hood big enough to hide her horns. And finally he bought a Dagger. The handle was wrapped in supple leather and the sheath was made from fine oak. The edge could be a little sharper but it would serve.

He walked back to the Inn and knocked on the door of their room. "Are you decent Illia?" He had seen her naked before. Saved her from the waters of Lake Pavi and carried her off nude. It was ridiculous that he cared now, but he still did.
Character is being put on hold

All emails should be directed towards ETHAN
Luke Lammergeier
All i smell is Drykas and horse dung

Words: 115174
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2010, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Illia on March 12th, 2012, 6:26 am

Under circumstances that Illia could only describe as fate, she had come to know a man named Luke. Following him without question, they came upon a place called Evantide Tower. From what she had been told, it was a trading post. But without the soldiers that stuck to the area, it would have looked more like a pit stop for weary travelers to come and rest. It even had a sizable building that acted as an Inn of sorts. This was the first place where she had any real human contact. Sure Luke was human, but in her eyes, he was more then just human. He had rescued her, after all. The people here were strangers with no importance to her. There was no reason for her to know them, nor they her.

The two of them had arrived the previous night. Luke seemed exhausted from the journey. He was quick to rent a room for the night, and crashed almost as soon as the door was unlocked. Almost as soon as his head hit the pillow he fell asleep. And that night, Illia only watched him. She watched him from the window sill where she bathed in the moons glow, and under Leths gaze. That never lasted long though; her thoughts always returning to the moon and her god. He called to her from the celestial realm. Or at least she thought it was him calling. The mind was a difficult thing, always playing tricks and confusing things. But when the moon disappears in the suns light, things would return to normal and she would sleep.

After a few days of traveling, Illia soon found that she needed sleep. And while she didn't need it at night, her body gave into exhaustion whenever the moon disappeared for another day. It made traveling difficult. When the moon rose, she would stay awake all night, and then fall into a deep sleep just as it disappeared. Just as Luke was waking, Illia was sleeping, and she would sleep for four to six hours. When this started happening, she would often wake to find herself on horse back in Luke's arms. How he managed to get her up on the horse was beyond her, but it seemed he found a way to keep moving.

It was the day after their arrival at the trading post, and Illia had been awake for little more then an hour. What time it was, she couldn't tell, but the sun was shinning brightly through the window onto the floor. She stood nude in her Konti form, waiting for the drowsiness of sleep to pass. And while she waited, her mind raced with thoughts of the past few days. When Luke woke the morning after rescuing Illia, and he saw her revert back to her Konti form, a flood of emotions swept over him. Confusion, amazement, fear, and uncertainty to list a few. In this form she appeared a tad shorter, and more child like. Followed by a good length of hair dropping and disappearing before hitting the ground. It was now shoulder length instead of falling down mid-back. For some time after that, it seemed Luke couldn't bring himself to talk to her. Perhaps sorting the recent event out in his own mind. But as the silence carried on through the day, Illia began to have what she could only describe as an uneasy feeling. And when she exhausted all ideas, she decided she would try speaking with him. Maybe she could be the one to break the silence.

In the end it turned out that her plan worked, and she was able to get him to talk again. Once they were speaking, she started enjoying their journey. He filled her mind with stories, and she spoke very little, but it was nice. But with every passing day she was opening up to Luke and revealing more of herself. Something kept nagging at her though. It was how her personality changed slightly depending on if it was day or night. At night she took little interest in her new friend Luke, finding him little more then a means to an end. Somebody to guard her in their travels. While during the day, him and his stories seemed to be the only thing she wanted to think about. She depended on him, and he kept her safe. Could this change in perspective be the result of transforming into her mortal form?

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a knock at the door. Automatically she assumed it was Luke, and so hurried over to the door to open it for him. Unaware or unconcerned with her blatant nudity. Her curves were less developed in this form, and to some, she might have been described as plain. But when she opened the door she was oblivious to the look of shock that Luke's features might have shown. She greeted him with a slight smile and reached out to take his hand in hers and tugged at it to try and get him to step inside. He was standing in the doorway unmoving, she figured he was waiting for her to invite him into the room. She greeted him, saying "Luke. Your back," her conversational skills still needed a lot of improvement. In the hall behind him, a few other residence walked by. And one of them couldn't stop himself from staring into the room and trying to get a better view of Illia.
Attention, attention. I won't be joining any other threads until after a few of the ones I'm currently in, come to an end. If I take on any more, my posts will most likely be delayed by weeks. :/ Once things clear up a bit, I'll be more then happy to start up some new threads. :3 (0 of 15 threads cleared)
Illia
Player

Words: 17587
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2012, 9:57 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on March 21st, 2012, 11:28 am

Illia was naked when she opened the door. To Luke's credit, he did not gawk, he did not stare, his eyes calmly stayed on hers. He shut the door behind him. Ignoring the on lookers. And placed the food on the table, the clothes on the bed along with the dirk. And said, "Nudity." His normally gravel like voice cracked. Luke coughed and continued. "Nudity is different on land than it is in the Heavans. Down here only whores are naked with strangers." His voice was anything but reproachful. In fact the only time he sounded sweet was with Illia. "Not fallen stars. People like you are far to special to be viewed by common man." He picked up the white Tunic and black Breeches and brought them to her.

Luke thought he was strong enough to be around her like this. But his eyes couldn't help but notice her soft pale body. He sat down at the table to try and hide his erection but it was no use. Cloth breeches did little for decency. "Try them on. I thought they would look nice. Black and white seem to be your colors. And they are big enough to fit either form." As she busied herself with changing. He set the table for Lunch, and tried not to think about the pinkness of her nipples.

"Sorry, I didn't know what you liked to eat besides travel rations. If you want anything else, I don't mind getting it." He had never stood on attention so much in his life. But Illia brought out a new side of him.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Illia on March 24th, 2012, 8:08 am

Walking over to the side of the bed, the thing that drew her attention was the dirk Luke had brought up with the clothes and food. Had he bought this for her? Would she even know how to us it? Perhaps he meant to teach her. Picking it up, she held it out against the light and watched as the light was caught in the metallic blade. She found it mesmerizing as she ran her fingers across the edge of the blade, as opposed to down its length as if, in the back of her mind, she knew better. A subconscious feeling that it would be unwise to press too hard against the blades edge. It was strange though; it felt familiar in her hand. Maybe she had held one once?

While Illia had been examining the blade, Luke was trying to explain something about nudity to her. Her attention split, no doubt she looked a bit distracted. As if maybe the blade had struck a chord somewhere in her. But once he paused for a moment, she responded.
"Do you think I'm a stranger?" Apparently she had indeed been paying attention. Her question was formed out of pure curiosity and a want to further understand how those that lived in Mizahar thought, but more importantly, how Luke thought. "I know we've only met just recently, but you are the closest person to me." Putting the dirk back down on the bed, she turned to Luke and took the clothes from him, her gaze meeting his. "Should I consider you a stranger?" When he didn't answer right away, and instead went to sit at the table, Illia took to dressing herself. Her curiosity still remained though.

Starting with the pants, she stepped into them one foot at a time, then pulled them up to her waist. Then lifted the shirt up over her head and slid it down over her slim figure. It was so nice to not worry about her horns destroying the clothes this time. But then she remembered that she would eventually have to change out of them. Hopefully it would be before night at least; her horns making it a bit difficult to anything until she learned to work with them. The thought brought a slight frown to her features. Sometimes modesty was such a pain, she thought to herself. Not sure where the word, modesty, had come from.

Once she was dressed, she joined Luke at the small table and sat in the chair nearest to him. Resting an elbow on the table, she leaned forward a bit and asked once more, "Should I consider you a stranger?" While she waited for an answer, she looked down at the food he had brought up to the room, not sure if she would like it. Tearing off a piece, she put it in her mouth, finding its taste to be very plain. It would do.
Last edited by Illia on March 25th, 2012, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Attention, attention. I won't be joining any other threads until after a few of the ones I'm currently in, come to an end. If I take on any more, my posts will most likely be delayed by weeks. :/ Once things clear up a bit, I'll be more then happy to start up some new threads. :3 (0 of 15 threads cleared)
Illia
Player

Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on March 24th, 2012, 10:46 am

Illia had a point. Why should he keep some type of modest formalities between them? He had saved her life and in turn she had spared his. It was a lucky stroke that she didn't turn out to be some Demon banished from the Heavens. They had only know each other for three days. But already they shared so much. He didn't want to see her cover herself for the sake of his embarrassment. Her nudity had seemed more of a sign of comfort and trust than anything indecent.

"Strangers? No I wouldn't be protecting a stranger. Nor would I be willing to train one. No Illia, you are far more than that. You're my fallen star. It's just... unusual for a beautiful woman to be naked around me without anything... progressing." He smirked, unable to keep his mind away for imagining such "progressions". "But I need to get used to it. You shouldn't cover yourself up. Here, I'll make it a little more fair." He took off his shirt and threw it on the bed with a playful laugh. "There, thats not so hard. Now we are on same ground." He could feel the flush creeping up on his cheeks and chest. Luke felt like a fool, but it was a nice gesture. Wasn't it?

"By the way. That thing you were staring so intently at. Is called a Dirk. We are going to train today. So eat up. If we are going to be traveling together. I want you as deadly as I am. That Dirk will become your best friend. Nothing more trustworthy than steel at your side. Well, its Iron and cheap at that. But its for practice. When you get better I'll buy you something fit for a Fallen Star." More than likely he will have to pay for it with the coins taken off corpses but she didn't need to know that. Not yet at least.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Illia on March 31st, 2012, 7:25 am

Illia was enjoying listening to Luke's voice, keeping her own silent for the time being. He's going to train me? How exciting! Though the only evidence of her hidden eagerness was the smile that graced her lips. But the thought was quickly pushed to the back of her mind when Luke paused mid-sentence, emphasizing the word 'progression'. It was a bit peculiar, but again she wouldn't say anything. Not yet. Only eying him curiously. Then she watched as he removed his shirt, her eyes widening in amusement. Not because he amused her as a joke would, but because the action was interesting. Especially when his cheeks flushed a reddish hue. Is he embarrassed? Does that mean I should be embarrassed? But instead of simply asking if he was, she took her plate of food from the table and plopped it down in her lap; scooting the chair toward Luke, wooden legs digging into wooden planks.

Much closer now, Illia swallowed the food in her mouth and leaned toward Luke. Fixing curious eyes onto his unsure ones, she was lost in them for a moment before shifting her gaze to his newly exposed skin. A stray hand reached out to him, warm fingertips gently trailing over stiffened muscles. Further proof of his nervousness. While her eyes seemed intent on examining Luke's body, unwilling to look away, she spoke. Or rather, she asked a question.
"Is that what you wish to call me?" She didn't mind the name he gave her, she actually liked it. But her features would betray her like, as her brows furrowed. Something seemed to be plaguing the girls mind. "Should I pick a name for myself as well? She hadn't ever given him a name, which my have been why he took to calling her a falling star. While in the three days they had been together she didn't give a name, it was simply because she could not speak her name. Not her celestial one at least. Another sadness that plagued her. Waiting for his answer, her wondering hand came to rest on her own knee.
Illia
Player

Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on April 16th, 2012, 6:43 am

There was something, tantalizingly sinful, about her hand resting on his chest as they spoke. As if it where a normal part of sharing a meal together. The lack of decency, or rather, the complete ignorance to the affects she had on him. Gave it a naughtiness he had never experienced before. Whether she intended it or not. She was tempting Luke with severe cruelty. Almost daring him to fling her onto the bed and have his way with her.

He had a hunch this wouldn't be the last time he would feel tempted on their journeys together. So he sharpened his mind and focused on the situation at hand.

"Don't you have a name M'lady? Surely you remember something from your past life." He picked up a handful of Blueberries and began eating them one by one absentmindedly. To think, going to the Heavens with your deity. Spending an eternity in bliss, only to be suddenly ripped away. Having forgotten everything of your past life. Memories reachable only in the back of your mind. Fluttering away the second you tried to grab hold. He hadn't thought much farther than keeping them alive and where to go next. But the gravity of her situation began to weigh on him.

Luke hated pity, giving or receiving it. He forced the corners of his lips up in a distracted smile. Wrapping her hands in his, he gave a reassuring squeeze and said. "If you don't remember much. We can always make new memories. Even a new name. Who wants old memories anyways? Most people would kill for a fresh start." I know I would...

OOCSorry about the lack of background. Backgrounds where saved onto other computer. Which broke down. Will update as soon as it is fixed

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Illia on April 18th, 2012, 9:32 am

In reply to his first query, Illia shook her head a few times, then spoke.
"No name that I could speak." Fixing her gaze one nothing specific, she tried to recall something, anything from her past, but failed to. Perhaps she had given up too soon. Or maybe she didn't have the patience for it; letting out a breath of frustration when nothing came to mind. But then her gaze turned in the direction of the bed, where she had left the dirk. Something felt familiar about it, as if it was not completely new to her. So, without another word, she removed the plate from her lap and placed it back up on the table, standing to walk over to the bed.

Running slender fingertips over the weapons blade, then wrapping around its handle, she spoke again, but in a whispered voice. "I think I've used this before..." Though with the clumsy manor of which held it, she coulda fooled anybody. Even herself. While it was true she felt as though she had used it, at the moment she hadn't the slightest clue how to wield it. An odd sensation, to be familiar with something, yet know nothing of its use. It was something though, even if she still hadn't picked a name for herself. For now, she would let Luke call her what he wished. She wasn't sure how she felt about new memories though... wondering if they would write over the ones of her past. Feelings were mixed, but perhaps in time, she would embrace the new memories that were to come. For now she would focus on what felt familiar. "When could we start training? I think I might be good at this." Turning to glance back over her shoulder, she waited for an answer.
Illia
Player

Character sheet