The Seer of Zeltiva (Closed)

In which Anselm provides fortune-telling services in the Zeltiva marketplae

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Seer of Zeltiva (Open Social Thread)

Postby Anselm on April 23rd, 2012, 2:16 am

Continued in Tock's Fortune.

Your entrance made me laugh out loud.
Anselm
Being dead ain't so bad

Words: 203207
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2012, 3:56 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on April 23rd, 2012, 2:53 am

((OOC: That was my goal!!!))
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaeson Dakano on April 28th, 2012, 7:12 pm

59th Day of Spring, 512 AV

Having finally arrived in Zeltiva, Kaeson couldn't wait to get out and see himself around the city. He had heard a lot about Zeltiva from his Grandmother, who had once walked the same roads he was walking now. If he tried hard enough to remember, he could still recall the way his Grandmother's eyes would light up when she spoke about the city. The way she laughed as she would talk about the clumsy baker, who would always come to her to ask for medicine for his constant burns or how she would smiled as she recounted her fond memories at the university. Kaeson felt weird and a little sad that she wasn't here to help him navigate the city she had loved so much.

"Stop." he said to himself, probably a little too loud as the people around him turned to see who he was talking too. It had been almost three years since Kaeson's grandmother had passed and he had promised himself he wouldn't depress himself anymore about it. It's not what Kaeson wanted, and it's defiantly not what his grandmother would want.

Wanting to find something to distract himself with, his eyes fell onto a black tent. As he drew closer, he read the sign placed in front and said to himself "Fortune-telling, huh? Should be interesting enough."

He proceeded into to the tent, withdrew the 5 sm needed to pay and as he sat down in front of the covered man, he asked "Is this enough"?
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anselm on April 28th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Continued in Kaeson's Fortune.
Anselm
Being dead ain't so bad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Satevis on May 1st, 2012, 3:43 am

20th Day of Spring, 512 AV

His third day in Zeltiva found Satevis walking through the marketplace of the port city, shopping for supplies. He didn't buy things often, considering he didn't need too much food--although studying surprisingly made him hungrier than he had expected. He didn't like to accumulate too many possessions, because he tended to move around a lot. His stay in Lhavit had been the longest he had stayed anywhere since returning to Mizahar, and although he was young for an Ethaefal, he didn't think he would make a habit of lingering overlong in one place.

But it was clear that he would be staying in Zeltiva for a while, perhaps half a year at least, and if that was to be the case, then he would need a few things. More clothes, for instance, since he couldn't wear the same two things over and over again, and more writing implements for his classes. Books, if he could find any for sale, although he doubted it. He had been lucky to get his one Reimancy book in Lhavit. This was also a major trading port, so...who knew? He might find something curious, or magical.

It was with this mindset that the young Ethaefal found himself standing outside of Anselm's tent, looking at the sign. Satevis frowned. He wasn't sure he believed in fortune-telling. The Benshira man he had been before certainly hadn't. But then again, the Benshira man he had been before hadn't believed that the dead could be claimed by the gods they served and then subsequently fall through a rip in the cosmos and come back to life as some sort of amalgam of mortal and celestial being either.

With a smile on his face, he stepped inside.

Although the sun was beginning to dip towards the western horizon, it was still daytime, and because of that, Satevis entered Anselm's tent as a young Benshira man, appearing to be in his twenties. He offered the old man a tentative smile, although beneath the surface, Satevis was wary. There was something...off about the man. "Good afternoon," he said, in accented Common. "I was hoping to get my fortune told?" He withdrew five silver mizas from his coinpurse, setting them on the table.

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anselm on May 2nd, 2012, 2:23 am

Continued in Satevis' Fortune.
Anselm
Being dead ain't so bad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Montaine on May 4th, 2012, 11:11 pm

Spring 82 512 AV

He was there again. Every time he minded the stall, the fortune teller cloaked all in black was there in his shady little tent. Every once in a while someone would go in, occasionally returning a short time later with a smile across their face, or a look of confusion wracking their features. He claimed he could read fortunes. He claimed he could see what the future held in store for all who would willingly pay him five simple silver coins. Montaine did not trust him. Not at first. In all the days he had seen the fortune teller behind his table not once had he seen him eat or drink or nip out to relieve himself. It was perfectly possible he did all these things on the occasions that Monty himself nipped out to relieve himself, but somewhat unlikely.

The glassworker sat in his little wooden chair, behind his counter adorned with all varieties of glassware, from the simple bowls at one end to the ornate statuettes that stood in display at the other, yet all Monty did was stare at the fortune teller cloaked all in black, there in his shady tent across the way. Business was sparse, even so long after the storm. The Astronomy Tower stood proud once more over the University, the famine was gone and the city was beginning to regain the vigour of its past. It just wasn’t quite there yet.

Fogle stood a little way off, shifting the display pieces in a vague attempt to find something to do. The sun beamed down and shimmered off the glass. Still the fortune teller clad in the shadows of his shady little tent did not move. The sign above the entrance way read Anselm the Seer. Monty continued to stare. If this creature that didn’t eat, that didn’t drink, that didn’t petching well defecate was so knowledgeable, so sagacious and wise, perhaps he could prove the fact. It was only five silver mizas, after all, and if the strange old man was telling the truth then it would be more than worth his coin.

Monty stood up so suddenly Fogle almost dropped a delicately crafted pitcher to the dusty stones below. The glassworker looked at the novice and scowled, ‘Careful! That’d fetch a nice price if we ever get any business,’ he grabbed his bag and swung it over his shoulder, ‘I’m going over the way, you can handle the stall, right?’ Without waiting for an answer he pushed past the cloth back of their stand and made his way to the shady tent across the way where the fortune teller cloaked all in black sat. Monty took the empty seat and retrieved the five coins from his possessions, placing them each on the table.

‘I have a question,’
Montaine
The Glass Boy

Words: 306099
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Anselm on May 5th, 2012, 12:08 am

Continued in Monty's Fortune.
Anselm
Being dead ain't so bad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Yvera on May 6th, 2012, 11:47 pm

84th Day of Spring, 512 AV

Yvera walked around the marketplace, idly observing the people around her. She still hadn't found any news about her family. This didn't particularly discourage her because the city was pretty big and she hadn't even been searching for very long. Besides, she needed a break and the marketplace was the perfect place to learn more about the people in the city.

She watched as two Svefra conversed about either ship repairs, or someone's dancing whale shark. Her Fratava was very poor but she decided that their conversation was probably about ship repairs... But then again, there's a lot of strange things out there. Like in that jewelry store she saw earlier. She was sure that the statue had moved a couple of inches to the right, but she just couldn't be sure.

Yvera started humming a simple melody as she walked down the street. All in all, today was a pretty good day. There was just one problem...

It's so HOT!!! she thought as she wiped the sweat from her brow. The young Vantha couldn't handle it anymore. She needed to find a bit of shade or she would melt. Looking around, she found an open tent with a sign that read "ANSELM THE SEER". Oh, how cool and breezy the tent looked.

She ran into the tent and looked at the man sitting at the table. "Hi! Can I stay in here for a while?" she said. "It is scorching out there! It's so hot that weird things were happening while I was out there."

"I was walking through the streets when, in one moment, this large bird flew down towards me. It's feathers were the color of rubies and garnets, and for a moment, I thought that it was merely a falling statue. In my hands, it dropped a feather of a different bird, this one of sapphires and opals. I swear, I've never seen such a beautiful thing."

"Now, this little boy ran up to me holding a small statue that he picked up from a shop. The shop owner ran after him, a broom in her old and weary hands, screaming at the boy for shoplifting. I couldn't bear see the boy so sad, so I agreed to exchange the statue for my precious feather. The woman agreed to the exchange when she saw the feather, and left, believing that she had the better deal."

"The boy looked up at me apologetically and handed me the statue to express his thanks. I saw that he also had a few jeweled pins but didn't say anything. He ran off, leaving me with the statue. As I continued walking through the streets, I met with two Svefra who were conversing intently. When I walked past them, one of them dropped a drawing that he was showing off and so I knelt down to pick it up for him."

"The drawing was of a whale shark that he supposedly trained to dance himself. The whale shark itself seemed to have perfect form and was incredibly lithe for something of it's size. Anyway, as I stood up, I noticed my statue was missing and so I looked around and caught it running towards the ocean. My guess is that it wanted to see the whale for itself. I decided to let it go because I didn't really do anything to gain it in the first place."
None of this was true of course, but Yvera was a Vantha child.

"And that's when I walked into your tent! Your a fortune teller, right?" she asked, placing five silver mizas on the table. "Can I have my fortune told? It seems like fun!"

"Oh, and do you want to give me a tip for the story?"
Yvera
Player

Words: 16645
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 7:29 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anselm on May 8th, 2012, 1:36 am

Continued in Yvera's Fortune.
Anselm
Being dead ain't so bad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext