Satevis's Scrapbook: Repository of Random Thoughts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Satevis on May 9th, 2012, 1:29 am

Finally, a thread that can keep all of my random ideas from cluttering up my computer. (I have so many notepad files labeled 'post' or 'post idea' that I have no idea what site most of them are from anymore).

Anyway, I've been on Mizahar for a couple of weeks and decided to go ahead and make a scrapbook. I've really gotten attached to Satevis and had fun developing his character, so I think I'm going to be stuck here for a while, especially since I managed to drag my little sister (Yvera) over here with me.

A little about me. I'm 20 years old (as of May 2), female (but Satevis isn't) and a rising senior in college. I major in chemistry, which leads to me usually getting stressed out when school starts, but it's summer now, so hopefully I can get some good posts in before science-y stuff slows me down. I'm Spanish, grew up in the Philippines, and am currently going to college in the US (and looking at grad school in England, because, hey, once you've moved that many times it kind of stops mattering anymore, lol).

You guys on this site are awesome, and I've been having a great time RPing with you, especially the people over at Zeltiva. Hope to get into more interesting topics with your characters soon!

Satevis out~

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Satevis on May 9th, 2012, 1:31 am

I swear whenever I think of Satevis training with the martial association, the song "I'll Make a Man out of You" comes to mind. XD

You must be swift as a coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoooon
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the mooooooooon~

Yay for fire and water Reimancy and Ethaefal-ness.

Satevis
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tallis on May 10th, 2012, 6:47 am

Now you've got it stuck in my head!

Anyways, HEY THERE! Tallis is a fellow mage and hopefully he and Satevis will meet up in the future. I find it kind of funny how Satevis uses the two elements that Tallis doesn't.

Well, see you around I guess :)
Tallis
Player

Words: 131572
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2012, 3:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Cascade on May 10th, 2012, 9:35 am

OHH, so you DID grow up in the Philippines! Earlier in chat, that's actually what I thought of when you mentioned you lived in an archipelago.

Satevis wrote:You guys on this site are awesome, and I've been having a great time RPing with you, especially the people over at Zeltiva.

Yey, Zeltiva. *giggles*
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eridanus on May 10th, 2012, 9:51 am

Be a maaaan!
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Satevis on May 10th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Tallis, I actually just PMed you about a topic before I saw this. XD Between the two of them they have the complete set of elements!

And yes, I did grow up in the Philippines, Cascade, which is why I'm studying chemistry and oceanography :) Want to stay near the ocean forever.

Speaking of the dark side of the moon, one of these days, I'd like to write Satevis angry. Not ticked off (Between Tock and Yvera I've written that plenty of times) but well and truly furious. It doesn't happen often, but, well, what was that in The Name of the Wind? One of the greatest things to fear is the anger of a gentle man.

...Especially when that gentle man is packing some serious firepower. Literally.

Satevis
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Echelon on May 10th, 2012, 3:32 pm

ok i gotta question since you have a place for it now. Why Benshira? It's so... well frankly unique for a women on this site to play a Benshira. They are big and sexy and hairy and muscly. Ok not always hairy. But my point is it's not a frou frou sym or eth... well you are playing an eth, but you know the other side.

Why? :)
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Satevis on May 10th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Well, I wrote a novel a few years back with a character in it called Antaras. Antaras was of my novel's version of the desert people, but he was always a little bit different, so he wandered off to the neighboring country in search of learning. He had oddly light colored eyes and elemental magic, which was why he was also kind of cast out from his family and his community. Antaras was my favorite character in that book because he was nice and scholarly, but with a bit of a dark side especially when provoked. He had a deep faith and was instrumental in helping one of the main characters come to a realization about herself.

So when I read the lore of the Benshira and the Ethaefal I decided I could recreate Antaras. I actually chose Ethaefal because I meant to name him Antares, but someone else already chose that name. I've kind of in my mind associated Antaras the character with Taras, Satevis's past life, and I play Satevis as just a slightly different version of him.

And Satevis isn't too muscly or hairy, owing to the fact that he was always a scholar, even as a Benshira. He kind of wandered off when he was young, although in this version of the story it was because he was following a calling, not because he learned magic.

Funny coincidence, right?

Plus, in personality, it feels kind of like Satevis is what would happen if you took me, turned me into a man, and then gave me a pile of emo-ness. Which is kind of fun to RP actually. XD

Satevis
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Satevis on May 10th, 2012, 4:07 pm

On a side note, it's funny how many Observation points Satevis is getting. I like to have my characters pick out details in things when I write, and apparently it's translating to skills. XD

Satevis
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Satevis on May 24th, 2012, 4:59 pm

Well, on Monday I started my Smithsonian research internship...aaand let's just say so far it's been teaching me why I majored in chemistry instead of biology. I've been helping out the marine invasions lab with an experiment involving bloodworms and picking amphipods out of algae. I don't consider myself squeamish, but I will admit to freaking out when I picked one of them up and the little worm spun around, ejected its proboscis, and tried to bite my hand.

FOR SCIENCE! right? XD

(For you non-fishers, they look like this. Nasty little polychaetes...)

Satevis
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes