[Flashback] Just Another Day (Eridanus)

[Astronomy Tower] Nira'lia soughts Eridanus out for no particular reason.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Nira'lia on May 1st, 2012, 10:23 am

Nira'lia looked puzzled, wondering why he was interested in knowing.

"Someone can begin reading the future when they're marked three times by Avalis. However, her second mark lets someone see the present as it unfolds, and a lot of the konti use that to interpret the future. There are some who can interpret the future just from seeing actions in the past too... but it's not something I'm good at."

She shrugged, smiling. "I guess if Avalis decides to bless me further, then maybe I'll be able to interpret the future as well."

Blinking at him, she wondered how the conversation had arrived to this topic.

"Do you have a gnosis mark? Can... ethaefals even have one?"
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Eridanus on May 1st, 2012, 11:14 am

"Oh right..." He muttered. It seemed that his assumptions about the Konti were wrong. Not all of them were prophets of the future after all. Shrugging, he added, "Just curious."

Shaking his head in response to her, he remarked cynically, "Now which god would deign me worthy enough to offer their acknowledgement of my existence? My body itself is a proof of my past rapport with Leth, but the Wild Moon had not deemed me important enough to realize that I'm missing, hasn't he?"

He sighed, remarking, "I don't have a gnosis mark. I am not overly religious, but I respect gods whose domains align with my own. And I pine needlessly for Leth," He added in a bark of laughter that seemed more bitter than humorous.

Shaking his head again as if to clear his thoughts, his body language made it clear that he had no wish to continue this line of conversation. Instead, he resumed to reading Godek's experiments in the journal.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Nira'lia on May 1st, 2012, 4:20 pm

Nira'lia didn't say anything in response as she did her best to hide her frown. She didn't know much about his predicament to give any comment about it, but it was apparent that it wasn't a topic he wanted to talk about.

Sure, she wanted to know more about ethaefals, but she wouldn’t push her luck. She let him do his thing and then retreated to her own world once again.

Looking up at the sky, she started to let her mind wander about nothing in particular. 'Oh, there it is!' she thought to herself as she finally recognized the constellation named after him. At least... she thought that was it.

Nira'lia peered at Eridanus and saw him engrossed in reading, thus deciding not to voice out her discovery. After a few more minutes, she began to feel drowsy. It wasn't that late into the night yet, but the peacefulness of the tower did that to her.

With a stifled yawn, she decided to rest her eyes. She buried her face in her arms and wandered off to the world of dreams, thus ending any further conversations altogether.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2

Postby Eridanus on May 1st, 2012, 4:56 pm

[I have conducted several experiments, and though they have not verified my previous claim substantially, I would direct the reader towards Lines 45 to 55 in my Appendix C, where I have highlighted the related words. It is evident that it suggests a certain pattern - by which I have explained in my previous work (Godek et al., 385) - that mean that it is quite possible that World Magic is as similarly affected.]

*flips a page*

[Therefore I draw the reader's attention to Appendix D, where the results of my lab experiments are attached. Unfortunately, it seems that my hypothesis is debunked, and not all world magic is affected as such. My experiments, along with results from my colleagues (Jerkiaz & Sadris, 245) show that this is a case via Proof by Contradiction. However, all is not lost, and I will instead revise my thesis to search for disciplines that are affected as mentioned.]

Eridanus heard a yawn, and he found the young konti sleeping beside him. He shook his head wistfully, and removed his outer cloak, placing it over her so that she would not catch a cold. He would be slightly colder, but in his ethaefal form he was not prone to mortal illnesses like colds. The sleeping konti would experience a fall in body temperature as a result of her metabolism slowing down as well, so she probably needed it more than him.

Reaching for the journal that held Godek's First Experiment, the ethaefal hummed as he turned the page rapidly, searching for the possible spark of inspiration he needed to further his own research.

It was going to be a long night.

But somehow the presence of a sleeping konti nearby comforted him somewhat.
Last edited by Eridanus on October 20th, 2012, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Paragon on May 7th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Eridanus's Loot :
Eridanus

Skill XP Reward
Rhetoric +2
Observation +1
Interrogation +1
Philosophy +2
Seduction +1
Writing +3
Magecraft +1
Astronomy +1

Lore: The Astronomy Tower, Possible Role of Intentions in Enchanting by Jack Mentrim, Role of Intentions in Personal Magic by Gregory Godek and Team, Role of Intentions in World Magic by Gregory Godek and Team, "Magineering", A Mark of Avalis

Items or Consequences: Nil

Nira'lia's Loot :
Nira'lia

Skill XP Reward
Rhetoric +1
Observation +2
Interrogation +1
Philosophy +2
Astronomy +1

Lore: The Astronomy Tower, Lost Constellations, An Intellectual Discussion, Applications of Magecrafting, Leth: The Moon God

Items or Consequences: Nil

Lovely thread -- is it bad I secretly want these two to become a couple? - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous