Colombina's Grotto

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Hadrian on April 26th, 2012, 3:11 am

I found a video of you and your illegal immigrant husband kissing, Beaner! I mean, Bina! (It's okay. I'm part Mexican, so I can say that.)

Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Colombina on May 13th, 2012, 2:33 am

At 1:10, this is pretty much the story of my life with things I get excited about. Especially the part where I tear it to pieces.

Also, Harper that is a beautiful mermaid! Very classic. Also, Cayenne, where are you? Crochet me that mermaid tail, but make it for like a 5' 3" person. ;)

Dani, you come through for me on the scrapbook, every time. <3

Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Chamaeleon on May 13th, 2012, 4:24 am

:) I cycled through your scrapbook earlier today and loved it and wanted to contribute. I hope this image isn't already present, because I so love what it does to the mermaid and the jellyfish and want to share it with you.

Mermaids are beautiful! Badgers are fierce! I think that combination is powerful!

And that is all. :) Have a good one!
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Colombina on May 20th, 2012, 4:58 am

SYM VENOM

So what's up with that stuff? What exactly is it? Where does it come from? First off, lets point out that Bina was not a Bio major and tends to view most complex math problems as a kind of augury. I am not the girl you go to for deep medical treatises. However, I have done a little reading and I am competent at making up crap. Here goes then!

Sym venom is a combination of enzymes, gastric acid and neurotoxins. It has the consistency of saliva (sexy!) and is manufactured in an organ near the intestines but is stored in limited amounts in ducts near the sinuses.

So here's what happens when a Sym bites something:

1. Pressure from biting down makes ducts release potent dose of venom through hollow fangs. (However, it can also slip into the mouth involuntarily in smaller doses. Think of it like the mouth watering. HAWT.)

2. Prey is dosed immediately with a neurotoxin that relaxes body.

3. Enzymes and acid begin to do their work and break down fat/proteins/sugars.

4. Sym waits, plays some solitaire or penuchle.

5. Food is properly liquified!

6. Drinking time.

So what keeps the venom from destroying the Sym?

Each Sym has a different body chemistry and hence different venom. They are immune to their own because their body naturally produces the chemicals that mitigate the enzymes' effects in the digestive system. Where a Sym could have a tiny problem is if they bit themselves anywhere but inside the mouth. It would hurt, but chances are it wouldn't kill them. Also, Sym venom isn't always super potent. If they are well fed, not as much is produced and it is a much milder form.

Can I Put Sym Venom on Weapons?

I wouldn't recommend it. It won't melt things on contact, but it will slowly destroy the integrity of the weapon and make it brittle.

Can I Store Sym Venom?

Yes, and until its used to break down a fat/protein/sugar it will keep. It would be best stored in a stone jar.

How Do Syms Feel About Selling Venom?

It's a bit like whoring yourself out. They have to really really like you to give you any, or be desperate for cash.

I Heard Baby Syms Have Worse Venom

You heard right nonexistent commentator! Freshly born Syms cannot regulate venom production and have a greater amount of acid in the composition. When the baby reaches a large enough size, it starts to produce its own venom in the umbilical cord so the food from the mother is tempered by the baby's own brand of enzymes. Shortly before birth, baby goes aggro and starts to destroy everything. Aren't children wonderful?

Granted, I know some of this isn't textbook quality, but that's my take on how Sym venom works. Further questions will be taken, constructive recommendations are welcome, scathing criticism will be ignored. I hope this helps all my Symenestra players out there!

Getting to Know Me

Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Macabre on May 24th, 2012, 12:33 am

I like the thought of drooling symenestra. Hurr--slurp--durrr.

Thanks for shedding some light on this topic. I've had people ask me about it before, and could only give limited responses. Now I, too, am a venom connoisseur.
we do what we must, because we can. for the
good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

kalinor lore | the symenestra | faq | office
Macabre
That's funny, I don't feel corrupt.

Words: 52332
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Office

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Colombina on May 24th, 2012, 2:20 am

You have always been a venom connoisseur to me, Macabre. ;) It's the finer things/drool in life that draw such as us. Cheers, old boy.

But I'm glad it's useful! I like my lore detailed, but I don't want to smother the wiki on some things. I am open to any other topics that could do with some elucidation. I have been trying to clean up/ add some Sym things due to the influx of newish Sym players. The wiki has a new bit on "gleaning" and I even made a banner for Kalinor. (Don't laugh at it. I really tried.)

Last edited by Colombina on May 24th, 2012, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: COLOR, MUST HAVE COLOR TEXT
Getting to Know Me

Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Ssafirarhysati on May 25th, 2012, 3:47 pm

I'm curious how long the relaxing effect of the poison lasts, and when the pain from getting one's fat/proteins/sugars broken down kicks in. Does the first effect just take long enough to get some hapless female impregnated? Or just enough time to tie them down and draw fake beards on their faces?

The answers to these are important to a thread I am currently in. I like my beards properly drawn after all.
OOC Warning: I will pull no punches with this character. If you think you cannot handle mature themes, or do not like it entirely, please refrain from RPing with me. Storytellers, if I overstep any rules with my RP style please tell me asap. Thank you.
Ssafirarhysati
The Sadist

Words: 43081
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2011, 1:15 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Colombina on May 25th, 2012, 4:42 pm

I too prefer my sharpie art detailed. Go big or go home.

Having said that, it depends on the size of the creature. A tiny animal (evil Sym!) will probably be down for the count, nice and sleepy until it perishes. A bigger creature will feel a flush of relaxation and maybe go a little limp depending on how potent the venom is. But the moment it seems to pass through their whole body, bam, burny time. So you have time for maybe a good mustache. Unless the Sym just kept up a biting frenzy. They wouldn't want to do that to a surrogate, anyway, would damage their precious baby-making insides. You gotta be careful with the merchandise! That and non-Syms are dirty. You don't know where they've been, so you don't want to put your mouth all over them.

Getting to Know Me

Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Luvadros Orthilia on May 25th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Amen. Filthy humans n' things. *mutters*
Symenos
Common
Luvadros Orthilia
Cynical Idealist

Words: 27159
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2012, 6:04 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Colombina's Grotto

Postby Colombina on May 31st, 2012, 12:04 am

I don't know who did this banner, but I just wanted to say this is lovely work. I opened up Miza and just thought "Ooooo!" So, good job, mysterious banner maker.

Getting to Know Me

Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext