Breathing Journal ("Mail box" for T'sasi)

A correspondence thread: collection of letters sent to T'sasi while she is living in Syliras.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby T'sasi on May 7th, 2012, 11:24 pm

Just a friendly reminder to my pen pals :
To make this work we have to be on the same page so please note that letters sent to T'sasi will be delivered by a Knight or by a traveler. You can rp how the letter was sent, but not how she receives it. (For mostly it would just be slipped under her door to the apartment she lives in.) Please keep in mind these letters have to travel from city to city before they can reach their final destination. So date appropriately when sending a letter. Thanks a bunch! Sasi
T'sasi
Player

Words: 5158
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leigo on May 23rd, 2012, 5:52 pm

The letter arrives on the 89th of Spring. A small outline of paper resembling a letter somehwat jumbled from the road makes its way under the Konti's door.

56th night of Spring - 512 AV

T’sasi,

When I first pulled this letter out of the street, the characters inside it made me weak to my stomach. The sorry musings of things forlorn and forgotten and missed and lost… it all seemed all too emotional for me to grasp.
Yet I kept reading, a strange allure pulling at my reigns, urging me to continue, to opinionate… to respond.

Who are you? I would call you trapped, your fate entwined between the rocky edges of the universe that begins and ends with that one room that just won’t leave you alone. It would be unwise to hold me to it, as I’m indeed one of those who are quick to judge. Your naïveté however can be sensed even at this distance, because as much as these pages lack dimension, their depth can’t be questioned.

People stare because it’s easier than simply ignoring a fact, an existence and an annoyance. Perhaps you are just too petchin ugly to move around freely without searing gazes whipping your back at every step. Maybe it’s the exact opposite. Truthfully, I don’t even care. Appearances are better left for more mundane pursuits.

Upon the mention of non inspiring conversations I felt closer to your idea, as I indeed feel like I’m treading among idiots quite often. A cobbler or a politician, people are measured simply by their brains even when it isn’t the part of them that fills empty stomach. You sound intelligent, but life has thought me to keep precautions and never be certain. Acting certain is my forte however. No one man in any of the mortal lands could ever doubt my certainty if I so wished, but that would make me a fool as well, would it not?

My second sight called you weak for showing an opening for manipulation and called me a fool for indulging your lines with an answer. I called it cold, but something leads me to believe it took this as a compliment.

Finally, if you’re still looking for a kind soul…. I suggest you look elsewhere. As eloquent or witty I can be, being kind isn’t really something that interests me to such extents. People are cruel and the world is cruel, the weak die and the strong become bitter. I’m still here, but the aftertaste in my mouth has not been sweet for many years now.

A word of caution for you and anyone else who might be reading this – I lie a lot. The only time I’m certain what I’ve told is the absolute truth is when I admit the above mentioned fact and even then I don’t believe I could count up all my lies with all the fingers in the world. I don’t wish to lie to you, but it might happen… you just need to know where you stand.

Gods have no place with us mortals, they can hate us and love us and nurture us and kill us, but it will all always be done from afar. A deity no matter how measly should never walk among the mortal, it has no place there. Just as they are too pure to walk on dirty streets, so too the dirty streets are too ours for us to ever give space for such large shoes to trample over the foundations we’ve laid out.

I don’t believe in the particular power of knowing a person’s name, but for the sake of both common courtesy and the pride of my bloodline, appearances are to be maintained.

May a thousand and two eyes watch over you and protect you from harm as they did me,

Leigo of the revered house of Abranox

Leigo
Player

Words: 154744
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet