For Ones Future (Evalin)

Eva and Ray go about the task of creating one hundred scrolls. Part 1!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

For Ones Future (Evalin)

Postby Rayage on June 16th, 2012, 6:58 am

Summer 78 403 AV

The class had been dismissed a while ago. The nuit went to work collecting the materials that he would need, spending a considerable amount of his own coin around the city of Zeltiva, but more specifically that magic shop. They had paper, they had scrollcases, and they even had the right kind of ink which was superb for crafting glyphs. They had everything it seemed for the budding wizard which was good for him because he needed some supplies for any wizard. Today he had set aside time to meet dear Evalin the other immortal who also taught at this University.

His hands were quite full when he entered her classroom, which was also empty. The supplies he had gathered was going to teach them all a very valuable lesson, and that is how sweet it feels to be and come prepared for any situation. A couple of his students trailed the nuit in, their arms also full carrying scrollcases and jars of inscribing paint. Rayage had spared no expense in the quality of paper and ink that he had got for any imperfection or wearing away of the ink would be bad for the glyph itself. He even bought cases to store them in after they were complete and fully charged. He figured ten sheets a scrollcase, if not more, would be plenty good.

”Evalin,” he called for the instructor of summoning, ”I hope you have been getting ready.” it was odd, but the nuit seemed almost cheerful as he walked further into the classroom dropping his load in a heap onto the floor below. Paper, yes that is what he was carrying, one hundred sheets of paper. ”For we are going to craft one hundred scrolls” he announced, his voice filled with something akin to triumph. The two students who followed him in set the inscribing paint and scrollcases down next to the heap of paper. ”And don’t worry, I spared no expense for the quality of paper and ink. We are sure to make some fine products.” or so he hoped.

Receipt :
Inscribing Paint- 3 GM- x10= 30 GM
Paper- 4 SM- x100= 40 GM
Scrollcase, leather- 1 GM- x10= 10 GM
Total= 80 GM
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

For Ones Future (Evalin)

Postby Evalin on June 30th, 2012, 3:36 am

The morning's lesson had been on the basics of circle manipulation, the intricacy and the art that was found in designing each and every circle for use. Evalin took great pleasure in such a subject, and perhaps even more pleasure in explaining just what could go wrong if even a single line were out of place. So it was that as the class filed out the immortal was filled with a strange sense of satisfaction.

How strange that one such as I may even feel such a thing as this. One might think that now, after tasting the essence of greatness, I might have fallen to despair to be trapped within such menial tasks as this. With a shrug she began packing her things, moving her books into her satchel just as the man cloaked in the unexpected came marching down the isle, his two assistance close at hand. Pausing in her packing, Evalin looked upon her creator, "What foolishness do you speak my dear immortal? One hundred scrolls? What ever would we need such an arsenal?"

She watched as the 2 students began unpacking the rediculus number of blank scrolls and ink wells, "Truly have you lost all sense? How much did you spend on your sudden lapse in judgement?"
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

For Ones Future (Evalin)

Postby Rayage on July 12th, 2012, 10:15 pm

The nuit grinned as he looked over the supplies which were being unpacked, ”My, my…” he said at Evalins reaction, ”Ifs for our future of course.” he said almost jolly, ”Have you forgotten how useful scrolls can be, my dear immortal?” he asked her ready to go into a rant, ”I thought I taught you better than that. Besides, we both need practice.” he said watching the students unload the supplies, ”Is it not smart to plan for any occasion. Besides, as I’ve said before, personal Djed only lasts for so long.” he told her, ”So why not pay the price now and have a spell glyphed away for a more convenient time?” he asked finding his logic undisputable.

Turning to the students as they finished unloading everything, ”Thank you for helping me.” he said, ”I am no longer in need of your service. Please, find your way out. Professor Evalin and I need to talk and the subject matter does not concern students such as yourselves.” he said, looking down at them. The nuit waited for them to leave before he turned back to Evalin, ”Glyphed spells are ever helpful, my dear. Don’t you remember the little adventure we had in those ruins?” he asked her hoping to remind her how useful just a little foresight can be.

”All in all,” he answered her last question, ”I invested about 80 Gold Rims into this.” he said proudly, ”Quite the investment, I know, but” he held up his finger, ”Nothing like the present to plan the future, right? Who knows what other dangers we might run into in our lives.” he nodded. Clapping his hands together, ”I assume that since your room is more spacious we can keep everything in here?” Oh, he had not lost all sense. Perhaps though, this could be a case of extreme paranoia, but what is done is done.

”So, what do you say? Will you help me in my quest of creating 100 scrolls?” he asked her, ”For ones future is always uncertain, if you assist me in creating the glyphs and doing the spells I will split the vast amount of power with you.” he said trying to make a deal, ”Fifty-fifty.” he said, which was more than fair since he had bought all the supplies himself. Evalin should be lucky that he even considered her in this escapade of his, but then again… she had the offensive magic he did not. She was just a valuable to this operation than he would like to admit, which is why he agreed to split them so.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

For Ones Future (Evalin)

Postby Evalin on July 13th, 2012, 3:28 am

Evalin waited for the students to depart before sighing. Pushing back the hood of her cloak she turned and began erasing the circles and formulas she had drawn there, "You need not remind me of the value of preparation, yet still I find it hard to believe we shall ever have a need for one hundred scrolls. Surely this is... a bit much?"

Setting down the eraser she turned, dusting off her hands and returning to the desk. Taking up one of the blank scrolls she examined it, "And for what purpose do you have to create so many now? Have you heard of something that I have not?"

Evalin's mind, however, was working in the opposite direction of her words. Within that confused tangle of thought and notion there began the workings of thousands of possibilities. She began weighing, considering and pondering possible combinations of magic, triggers and glyphs that would be of use to her. Briefly she considered the man's motives...

To come to me so suddenly... Is it possible that he wishes to use my power and then be away with me...? This thought wandered for a moment more, but was quickly abolished by greater notions, Certainly not, for the depths of what I can give him cannot be sealed within such simple devices. No, he must have some other purpose...

Setting down the scroll she looked to the man cloaked in suspicion, "Yes yes you may use my room." Rubbing her eyes, Evalin took up her staff and walked to stand beside the man, looking over the supplies, "My dear immortal, I have followed you through the darkness of this world," She looked up to smile at him, "I believe I might offer you my assistance in this little adventure as well."

Rapping her staff twice on the floor she turned to face Rayage, "The so shall it be. Let us each pledge to lend our power to fifty of these scrolls apiece." Within her mind she pondered, And so I shall see to it that it is even... Never shall I see him gain more of my power than I of his.

"How would you like to begin?"
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

For Ones Future (Evalin)

Postby Rayage on October 6th, 2012, 8:38 am

”A bit much?” he asked laughing, ”My dear, nothing is a bit much. Tell me, can you have an overabundance of miza?” he paused, ”No.” he answered for her ”The same concept applies here.” he said brushing off her thoughts along with his own with a wave of his hand, ”As I said before, the future is uncertain, dark, and full of things that would like to hurt beings like us. For they are jealous of the state of power we have obtained. They think, yes they do,” he affirmed himself, ”They think that by silencing us they will end our darkness. What do you say to the goddess of death?” he asked Evalin, ”Not today!” he exclaimed boldly. Not today, not tomorrow, not any day. We are the immortals, ever living.

He paused a moment to listen to what she had to say next. Her words earning another amused laugh from the undead, ”I have heard many things you have not.” he said reminding her of his age and vast amounts of knowledge. He liked using that, feeling superior in that way, dominating, but now wasn’t the time to dominate. Now was the time for cooperation, ”Though, nothing is as pressing as preparation. I just want to ensure our safety.” he told her with a smile, ”Yes, it would be a shame to lose you to the ravishes of time.” he shook his head as if it was her that needed him. Though in reality, for this project to work it was entirely the other way around.

The nuit was glad that she would allow him to use her room. All the stuff was already here and the helpers were gone. It would take the two of them quite a while to relocate all the supplies. This way saved time, and time is a valuable thing. Though he frowned at another thing, ”We each empower fifty scrolls each? My dear, you misunderstand,” he started, ”granted I will empower scrolls with magic of my own, its your magic that I wish to capture. That fire magic that you wield so gleefully. Its ever more useful in combat, against the thing that will harm us, than my hypnotic spells.” he said, making sure that he pressed the point that he WOULD be contributing magic to this, and not just drawing glyphs, ”In fact, we can even use glyphs to combine the disciplines.” he suggested with a knowing smile, ”But, these are for offensive purposes, and my passive magic will not do the trick. So, in exchange for your help, your magic, I will give you fifty of the scrolls that we craft. That is what I meant by fifty-fifty.” he explained to her. ”Do we still have a deal?” he asked.

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)