Through the gates, a Benshira strolls.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Postby Justori on June 10th, 2012, 12:32 am

It had been nearly three weeks of travelling, and Justori and his horse were tired and famished. Justori had packed all the food he could, and as much water as he could carry. He had found three oasis' on his journey, and he fasted to make the food and water last as long as he could. And just as he had finished the last of all he had, he came upon the large, decorated gates of Ahnatep. The large statue of a woman standing on a skull stood out the most of all, and made the city stand out from a distance.

Justori got off his horse and walked on through the gates, leading his animal through. He gazed at the guards that buzzed around him, but kept on. It was not long before he was through the gates and on his way through the city. The first think he did was ask where he could find water. Most of the passerbyes either scoffed at him, ignored him, or wanted money. After nearly half an hour, he found one person who told him of the oasis in the center of the city. Justori travelled there quickly and filled his canteen twice (the first time he drank it dry, the second time he filled it for later). He had his horse drink it's fill, and then he continued on.

He found a large market out in the open, and he purchased some fruits and some grains. He then found himself an open space right on the edge of the market where he set up his own tent. He tied his horse to the tent and put a bucket of the grains in front of his horse. He snacked on the fruit as he set up his sign that read "Justori's Herbalism Tent". He took of his bag of herbs from his horse and sat cross legged in his tent, eating fruit and waiting for customers. It was not long before one showed up.

"I have a horrible blister on my palm which never heals. It bursts often and sometimes turns black. Have you anything to help it?" The customer asked.

"I can make a special bandage for your blister. It should help get rid of it. And luckily, the herb to make it is commonly found. This will be cheap healing for you!" Justori laughed.

The customer did not laugh.

Justori lit a small fire and boiled some desert thornapples in water. When that was done, he let the desert thornapple water cool and then he soaked some thin cloth in it. When he was done, he had a fourteen bandages ready for the man, with more of the water left over. He put the bandages and some of the water in a small box, to keep them moist.

"Use a fresh bandage every day until you run out. That should cure your blister."

Justori handed the man the bandages and then asked for his payment, a mere four mizas. He even offered that he simply be given a meal in exchange for the bandages. The man then leaned down and picked up a rock with his three free arms.

"Actually, these bandages will be free. And you will give me all the herbs you have."

Justori thought quickly. His warhammer was in his storage pack on his horse. All he had was his brawling and his Reimancy. It wasn't how he would have liked to start his stay in Ahnatep, and after this he didn't imagine he'd be able to stay long.

Justori stood up, closed his eyes, and raised two balls of hard, chunky ground into the air. He had one ball enclose his right hand like a glove, which would aid him in punching. His left hand simply raised the ball of earth at the ready.

"You will either pay me what you owe or you will return the bandages. You will get nothing from me free besides that which you deserve."

The customer smirked.

Justori did not want to fight. He wasn't afraid, he was pretty sure he could handle himself. But he was being injusticed, and surely he did not want any chance of losing. Justori shouted "Help!" but was unaware of this city's difference from Yahebah. While in Yahebah many Benshira would run to a cry for help, here in Ahnatep people were likely to simply keep to themselves, unless they were a guard, or a more moral individual.

"Someone aid me, I require assistance! I am being robbed!"
Justori
Player

Words: 13397
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 7:41 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Colombina on June 12th, 2012, 1:06 am

While they moved with no especial haste, the Jackals still exuded a merciless economy of movement. They walked to the source of the accusation, flanking Justori's customer.

The guards' body armor was scarce, comprised of bracers, greaves and a leather collar. Visually, body armor was unnecessary to create a formidable picture. A bandolier of short knives and the long metal spear were not the worst of it either. What frightened was the elaborate headpiece, sculpted to resemble the long snouted dogs from whence they took their name. They were half man, and half metal beast with the litheness of each.

One Jackal spoke to the man clutched between them in Arumenic. His tone matched what was used on a child who stole fruit from an orchard, shifting between exaggerated scold and demeaning humor.

For the benefit of the Benshira he switched to common.

"Now pay the industrious Benshira, Fephis."
The man grumbled and dug coins out from his pockets, He had to reach so deep one could tell he was not accustomed to using them. A few mizas clattered on Justori's rug, and Fephis jerked at the hands that held him to leave.
"Ah, ah. Don't be chintzy, Fephis," the Jackal laughed.

With a stormy brow, Fephis made a show of dropping more mizas on the pile.

"Good, lad," the Jackal said patronizingly to the grown man.

Once Fephis was released to his own devices, it seemed the Jackals were mildly tolerant, the vocal guard addressed Justori.

"We won't have it said the Pavilion is lawless, which brings me to another point, Benshira. To sell in the Pavilion, one must apply to higher powers and pay a fee. So I must ask you to pack up until you are able to do this."

Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Justori on June 16th, 2012, 10:56 pm

Justori was caught by surprise by the Jackals' appearance. The word of this cities underhanded nature had reached him. He had heard many bad stories and few good ones. But he had never really thought about the obvious: the city has order and law enforcement. It goes without saying to not judge someone or something by the words of another.

The man paid Justori and left. The Jackals then informed him that he would need to apply and pay to sell in this marketplace.

"I am very sorry, I was not aware." Justori said to the Jackals.

He picked up the coins from his rug and held them out to the Jackals.

"As I did not follow your law in earning this money, it is not mine to take."
Justori
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Colombina on June 19th, 2012, 4:02 am

The Jackal laughed at the proffered coins.

"The ever moral Benshiras."
He shook his magnificently adorned head, "No, no. Yours to keep. Put them towards the cost of a proper space. Or a tonic. You'll need one after bartering with the scion of the West Winds or the Pressorah."

He jutted his chin towards the heart of the Pavilion where a tent of amber and scarlet cast shadows on its neighbors. It was the most noticeable of the structures, and often the loudest, as beer was sold within it.

"There."
While the Jackal had been polite, Benshira were still lower in status to them. He didn't see the need for any ceremony of farewell or further explanation. The pair simply walked on, their many hands gesturing smoothly with their new conversation.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Justori on June 19th, 2012, 8:59 pm

JUstori nodded at the Jackals as they left. He quickly packed up his things and left the market. He was not planning on being in Ahnatep long enough to need to rent a space. In fact, he would be on his way to Claridon very soon.

Justori played a meditation flute song he had learned from his father before his passing as he walked through Ahnatep. He was sure that the Jackals and other authorities would not enjoy him camping in the city, and he had little money to waste on an inn. And to solve that problem, Justori was headed to the city gates, where he would camp out a little bit outside the city.

The Song :
Justori
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets