[Flashback]Never lose a holy curiosity (Thomas Lacey)

Nai'shee was always a dreamer, and she dreamed about the sea. Thomas comes to the city with his Svefra family and Nai'shee start being talkative as usual. After a while Thomas's parents offer her to have a boat ride with them.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Nai'shee on June 3rd, 2012, 11:14 pm

It seemed that her voice woke him from his stunned state. She smiled. "No, you don't need to, it's usually empty, except for worshipers praying. Just be quiet when you get in in case somebody's there." She slowly opened huge door, trying not to make noise.

She entered first, facing two staircases and dozens of images of the beautiful sea everywhere around her. And in front of her, huge, but not nearly as huge as his greatness, portrait of Laviku himself. The scene she saw so many times in her life. They were lucky enough and it was empty, so she could show him around. She actually didn't know what to say. There were obviously staircases, paintings, altar. "I don't know what to tell you", she whispered, "I only know it was build by Sailor Guild in mid 300s AV". She shrugged. Then, again, she turned towards Laviku, looking at Thomas, guessing he wanted to pray. He probably worshiped Laviku for his whole life. Did he need some privacy? Will he ask himself, if so?
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Lacey on June 4th, 2012, 11:27 am

Thomas looked around the cathedral-like space. To say it was impressive would have been doing it an injustice. Whoever built this place had too much time on their hands and far too much money. The limestone rippled in waves up the sides of the walls and came cascading down in pillars, crafted too masterfully for easy description. The portrait of Laviku was obviously valuable, the sea rippling out from His beard and the clear, stormless sky reflected in His eyes a symbol of security to any Svefra or indeed any sailor who took to His waters. Staircases ascended to the great unknown and priests in flowing, overpriced robes descended and ascended them and wandered around the ridiculous space.

Thomas thought about praying, but Laviku never intended people to stay by the sea and worship his domain. What the hell were boats for?

"This place is too small for Laviku. I'll pray when we're on the ocean."

He turned to Nai'shee. "What's next?"
Thomas Lacey
I like the sea. It's big and open.

Words: 2370
Joined roleplay: January 2nd, 2012, 11:17 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on June 20th, 2012, 11:44 am

At first, she was really surprised by his answer. She blinked few times, probably seeming like insulted citizen, even although she was not. But it slowly reached her mind what he meant. Laviku was God of water, endless seas end oceans. This Temple was really too small for the greatness of freedom open sea grants. She nodded, with understanding.

"I don't know, depends what do you wanna see. We have", she started to count on her fingers, "Laviku Monument in the center of city, statue representing him, we have The Storm Shrine, shrine devoted to Zulrav, Priskil's Spire, The Old Quarter, that's the oldest part of the city, University's located there too. I think we can even make to see all of them, depends how much time you have." She shrugged, wondering how much are they even staying in town. Svefra weren't the type to "stay in town". However, she hoped they will chose to come here for supplies from now on instead of going to The Suvan. She really wanted to make friends with them.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous