[Syliras Location] Recruitment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Daeva Timandre on June 28th, 2012, 7:02 pm

The akontak's lips curled into a sneer.

A squire? How precious.

Hush, Daeva. You're new to the order, do you expect them to announce you a Knight the minute you walked in? Be realistic, you must learn and train.

I swear, you sound closer to mother every day. Shut up for a second.

With a pleasant smile, Daeva regarded Ser Erik, "Magic? You can use magic as a Knight?" The prospect intrigued her, echoing in the way her eyes lit with enthusiasm, "Sign me up for that. I've the skill in the Suvai, and a smattering of Auristics and Shielding, though if you've got anyone willing to teach me the art of Reimancy, that'll do as well." Her voice rang with an explicit Kontinese accent, but she had no doubt this Erik gentleman understood.

"And what am I? Why, I'm what you get when you cross a Konti and an Akalak. We're called Akontaks, and do we love us some good Knight training."
Daeva Timandre
I wrestled with angels all my life.

Words: 45274
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:02 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chevalier on July 10th, 2012, 2:40 pm

"Well don't that beat all. Part Konti, part Akalak is it? We've got a few good men and women of both of those races in the Order, but I can't remember ever having a mix of both." the Sergeant's one good arm reached through a stack of papers, pulling one free with a practiced movement without allowing any of the others to topple over. The 'Warrior Mage' pile hadn't been used much lately, as those willing to dedicate themselves to the magical arts were always rare.

"There's a bit of boring paperwork involved, but I'll help get you through that. Name's Erik, I'm a Sergeant here with the Knights. The induction is a bit less dramatic than it has been in the past, on account of the Djed storm most recently. Lost some good ones during that..." his eyes began to drift away for a moment before he caught himself and spun the paperwork around to face Daeva, "Just simple stuff, name, year and season of birth, birthplace. Gettin' all that done, I'll need to assign you a Patron. A Warrior Knight that can show you around the grounds, give you a heads up on what it is we do around here. Some just think the Knights are guardians of Syliras, but the boundries go way past the city. Ain't no one else willing to be responsibile for it, so we are. Sure kept Zeltiva out of a bind since we kept the crops going through the storm."

It wouldn't take long before the majority of becoming a Squire was completed with the help of this Syliran Recruiter. It really wasn't that difficult, but the challenge was always becoming a Knight. "That's all there is to it. Squirehood is there to give folks a chance to recognize this might not be the life for them, or find out they just can't handle the lifestyle. Now Knighthood, that's a different animal. You'll learn and do some fantastic things though, that's for sure. I think we'll be able to find just the person to help you get your hands dirty with some of them mystic arts, I've got someone in mind already. We'll get you outfitted with the equipment you'll need, and with a room in the squire dormitory. Good luck. Since you're a bit of both Konti and Akalak, I'll be expecting good things from ya." his last comment came with a nod.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Eachann Marshall on July 26th, 2012, 3:48 am

32 Summer, 512
Late Afternoon/Early Evening
Say about, six and a half bells

The old guards directions had been precise, and though it took some time (and more than one wrong turn in the unfamiliar city-fortress), Eachann found himself at the door to the Knights Recruitment Office. He wasn't certain of the etiquette involved in such a thing as offering to join a knighthood, but standing at the door wasn't going to get him anywhere. After shifting his Javelins to his left hand, the young exiled drykas knocked.

As he waited, wondering if perhaps he had come too late, Eachann pondered the possibilities of a knight hood. Knights after all, lead to certain assumptions. It was known that they rode horses. On that score he was not concerned. He was a fine horseman, and had some knowledge of horsemanship to boot. They also wore heavy armor, which he had no experience with. However he reasoned that it was a skill that could be learned rather than an inborn talent.

Of far more concern was the idea that he might have to give up the javelin in favor of something else, like the sword. He had never held one in his life and wasn't at all confident in his ability to learn it. He was a horseman by birth, and not at all agile out of the saddle. The javelin suited him well, and he hoped he would not have to give it up, or at least that he might be permitted to study something like a bow. But ultimately the youth decided that he was putting his cart before the proverbial horse. He needed to get INTO the Knights before he needed to worry about what they might or might not make him do.
Eachann Marshall
Player

Words: 35956
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2012, 12:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Septimus on July 27th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Summer 1st, 512AV (Evening)

After contemplating on whether this was her final decision, she had decided it was her dream and to finally go for it. It was her first season in Sylira and she had finally had a good taste of it. The rest of her time she had been in the Wildlands. After hearing stories of the Knights, she had decided this is where she would find out if the training would pay off.

Finding a man, she smiled brightly. Her bright red dress billowed behind her with ever step she took "Ser? I'd like to apply to be a knight. Or more like a War Horse for the knights actually." Septimus wasn't sure what his reaction would be to a Tiaden Warhorse Kelvic. It was time to grow official, and she hoped she wouldn't be turned down. "I can surely learn faster than any horse you have out in your stables, along with thrice the willpower of any other to strive and carry."

Septimus was fully aware that being a war horse would require sweat, strength, and willpower. But she decided in the end it was worth it. The man was missing his right arm but she wasn't one to ever judge. Ever. Probably from fighting for Sylira no doubt. This wasn't a game. This was reality. This proved it. It was obvious he was content with how he was, but then again it could've been a disguise. "Septimus. Tiaden Warhorse Kelvic at your service."
Septimus
Better • Faster • Stronger

Words: 230446
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trash Medal (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Chevalier on July 30th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Eachann

"C'mon in, c'mon in. No need to be standing all out on your lonesome." a voice that shared equal parts gruffness and jovial spoke. The face that belonged to the voice was just as weather-beaten as the deep, grumbling tones suggested. Despite that low tone, there was no malice, in fact the Sergeant often tried to make people feel as welcome as possible. Though he was down an arm, and missing a few portions of his face from battles long since over, Erik wasn't close to being done with the Knights.

Assuming Eachann decided to heed the invitation, Sergeant Erik was quick to offer him a seat, "Pull up a chair there my boy. Having come this deep into the heart of the Dyres District, I'm assuming you're not lost, but looking into Knighthood, am I right then? The Knights are always accepting members, especially after our fair planets most recent tantrum, always plenty to do, but it's a rewarding way of life, long as you don't mind using your own blood and sweat to make a name for yourself and your city." Extending his one good hand across the table for a handshake, the toussel haired man introduced himself, "Erik Rainstrom's the name. Don't get out on the field much these days, but I'm still a Sergeant, pulling my weight and making sure fresh new blood is prepared to replace us old-timers, ha ha."

OOCGonna getcha next Sept!
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Office

Postby Eachann Marshall on August 1st, 2012, 4:00 am

His knock was answered immediately by a loud voice in a low timbre. The man whom was revealed when Eachann opened the door looked exactly how he sounded, which is to say, rough. His was a body that no doubt had been lived in. He was missing his right arm, and he had lost other assorted bits of himself as well. His skin was weather beaten, tanned to a leather-like consistency, though the mans eyes were still bright, and there was nothing about his appearance which was grotesque or off putting. Eachann felt an immediate amiable regard for the man.

When the man offered a chair, Eachann claimed the nearest one and settled into it, listening politely as the man continued speaking, and meeting the man's off hand across his desk for a brief and awkward shake. The man's name it turned out was Erik, or Ser Erik he supposed more correctly, and it turned out he was a Sergeant (though Eachann had to admit that he did not, strictly speaking, know what that was) .

“Pleased to meet you Ser Erik.” Eachann said with genuine warmth in his voice. “And I am indeed looking for the Knights, yes. A gentleman named... Borenz?” It was a challenge for him to recall the fellows name though they had just parted company. “He directed me here.” He paused, considering his words before concluding. “And you can be sure that Sylira will have everything I have to offer, which right now isn't more than my javelins and my dog... I don't even have a horse.” It might seem like a minor detail, but Eachann said it in such a way that he might have been saying he had no legs. Expectantly, he waited for the other man to speak.
Eachann Marshall
Player

Words: 35956
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2012, 12:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Savitaire on August 7th, 2012, 11:57 am

Not for the first time as he walked down the road did he wonder if he was going to get skinned for his attempt. His people were not well loved by the many races that lived all across the world, his people were for the most part vicious. So too was it true for him, under certain situations, but he didn’t want to make enemies. Unlike the rest of his race he wasn’t interested in breeding children to get slaughtered in the fighting with his own people and the fighting with everyone else. Really he did enjoy a good fight, but that wasn’t his primary desire, it wasn’t what brought him real joy. What brought him joy was exploring, of seeing new places, of interacting with all sorts of people and yes, from time to time a fight with a worthy opponent and not some fool. He was pretty good at fighting, if he said so himself, maybe not a master or nearly so, but he could hold his own. Instead of awakening the ire of the authority of the castle city, he wanted to be of use to them, to learn more. He didn’t want to slither around in the shadows in fear, he wanted to not have to look over his shoulder constantly.

Sure, he knew he’d not be readily accepted, it was the nature of the world towards a race that liked to make enemies. More over if he became one of these Knights he’d have protection from any of his race foolish enough to attack him. He wasn’t an idiot, better he be under these people’s eyes than skulk about waiting for death from the shadows. He wasn’t ashamed of what he was, but he wasn’t proud that his people for the most part couldn’t at least pretend to keep themselves on leash enough to properly get along with the other races. There were too few of his kind and that was their own fault, but he tried to keep reign upon his predatory desires. Sometimes it was better to at least try to act like the masses than make an enemy of them, he was but one, while they were far more many in number. He was dressed in a long sleeved white tunic, loose pants and sandals. Over his shoulder was his bag with what few possessions he cared to own. When he had walked in to the Dyris District he had politely asked to know where he had to go to place himself in service. His accent made the stranger lift an eyebrow, but he was led down to the deepest oldest part of the city.

He wasn’t the only one made to wait, but unlike the rest he stayed apart as best he could. He didn’t seem nervous, he leaned against the wall, his bag at his feet, arms crossed stationed as comfortably as he could where he was. The press of the earth around him was comforting, appealing to his serpentine nature. Deep meant safety, but he didn’t focus on it too deeply, he had yet to be accepted and as of yet could not make his home within the city. He was patient, he was quiet, eventually he would meet the one in charge and whatever lay upon his path ahead would happen. What would be, would be and if he was careful he’d prove himself.
Savitaire
Snake of many smiles

Words: 69037
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2012, 7:11 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Tork on August 10th, 2012, 8:01 pm

30th Of Summer

It was a hot summer day, and Tork found himself entering the recruitment office. Something about the ethos of a knight drew him to this place, honor and protection of purity. To be that person who stands vigilant and protects the things worth protecting. These things were appealing to a young Jamoura, and those honor bound thoughts quickly flooded his mind.

He wasn't sure how to apply and hesitant to approach, he was strong tall and sturdy for a jamoura. But he was veiled as a collosus mountain man, to the untrained eye he was a freak of nature 8 feet tall weighing just under seven hundred pounds. Those that knew of arcane arts might be able to pick up on the personal magic of morphing that the Jamoura used to strengthen and fortify his body as well as adapt and prepare it for the stress of Flux.

He was waiting now for someone to guide him to becoming a squire so that he may better serve and protect the new society he had become accustom to.
Tork
Player

Words: 5635
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Race: Jamoura

Postby Chevalier on August 11th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Septimus

Erik's weathered face lit up when Septimus arrived. The dress she wore seemed fitting for the dazzling blonde she was, but little did the Sergeant realize that beneath the Human guise was the heart of a very peculiar Kelvic. "That's quite a set of legs on you there. Not meaning to stare, but we've had a rash of unusually tall gals signing up for Knighthood. That's a sure sign of good luck as any I'd reckon, considering the recent challenges getting thrown at us. But..." he paused, did she say she wished to sign up...as a Warhorse?

"Sit down a moment and lets go over some things. A warhorse? A Kelvic...oh, so you are a Kelvic Warhorse. That's...something different no doubt about it." a rough hand scratched at the underside of Erik's face as he contemplated exactly what to say next. Whether or not this situation had a precedent, he couldn't exactly be certain. Several Knights had Kelvics working for them of course, but to have one officially join the Knights as a Warhorse. "Well, you look fit as a fiddle, and I like the spirit, but there's a few things we need to discuss. Syliras needs good men and women for the Order, but it's important a candidate can...perform the duties and adhere to the code of the Order. If you want to be a Warhorse to a Knight, you're free and welcome to do so. If you officially want to join the Order as a Squire though, that might be another matter. A squire...that's also a horse. Tell me Septimus, do you have a bondmate yet? Do you wish to become part of the Order in the way that a person can gain rank?"

Eachann

"Ha." Erik smacked his hand down upon the desk after hearing Eachann speak, "My boy, we've had folks come here with less, let me tell you that. If you can wield a weapon that's a sure start. Don't be worrying about the rest though, some Knights prefer a squire with little more than an open mind. Easier to train a Knight from scratch than to train away years of fighting for yourself, right? That's the most pressing difference between being a part of the Order and being all alone out in the world. In the Order we're a team, see. Eat together, sleep together, work together, fight together. That's where the strength in the Syliran Knights is, it's being apart of something grand."

With a practice achieved from years of working with only one good hand, Ser Erik maneuvered some papers about before sliding a quill into his inkwell. Scratching down some information he raised his gaze upward to note, "We're having something of a recruiting drive here I suppose you'd call it. Typically one gets sent before the Grandmaster for an evaluation, but right now I'm it since he's more than busy with matters concerning the city. That as it is I need to know a might bit about ya, most importantly your name, so I don't keep calling you 'my boy'." he chuckled, "See, every squire gets paired with a Patron Knight. That's a Knight that is responsible for you during your time as a Squire. They care for you, train you, and most importantly try to impress upon you the nature of the Order. We try to put folks with like interests together see, work up any strengths you might possess. So tell me a bit about yourself, where you from? Can you use them javelins? Any other skills I should be considering? There's a whole slew of things the Knights do besides carry a sword and a shield. There are companies committed to Magecraft, others that practice gorilla warfare tactics, others act as Scouts and Spies."

OOCYou'll be next Sav and Tork. I managed to get a hold of a computer to knock some posts out, but like I said I'll be back fully this monday.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Office

Postby Septimus on August 12th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Septimus ran a hand through her gold locks "I'm assuming this is the first time someone like myself has done this," then looked at the man contemplating the idea "You see Sir, I think I might want to do both. This way I can help Syliras both ways. I am sure I can adhere to the Order and I already have a small amount of training with a shield and broadsword. I'm currently trying to gain riding experience so that I can be ridden and know the basics." She swallowed hard.

"So I guess the answer to your question is, yes, I'd like to join the Order."

She looked at the man with curious eyes. Eyes that wanted to learn knowledge. Eyes that sought for more "I currently do not have a bondmate but I am guessing that will change sometime soon." The next question made her grin turn into a faint smile "Yes, Sir." Septimus was unsure of how the man would take the information she had provided but she hoped for the best. The faster she got into the Order the faster she could begin training. Septimus looked at her hand then looked back at the man with a serious expression.

"I hope you know what your doing, Septimus."

Septimus
Better • Faster • Stronger

Words: 230446
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trash Medal (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext