[Sanctuary Beach] Twas a Dark and Starry Night (Camden)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kavala on April 26th, 2010, 4:10 am

She smiled. He sounded like a real charmer. But there was always a danger in charming people. Foxes especially were clever and didn't always say what they truly meant. It could lead down dangerous roads. They were perhaps roads she did not truthfully care to traverse. Camden sounded like a real charmer. But there was false bravado in the scenario laid out as well.

Kavala was damaged. The Konti didn't need to go where the fox seemed to want to lead. Poetry was nice, but she didn't trust it flowing from the lips of men. Even if the men were beasts.

So, carefully she set his clothing down at the base of the rock, smiled politely to him, and gave a simple explanation. "I'm not much into games, Kelvic. I'm out of my league when I play with masters anyhow. I'm sorry to have disturbed your musings. And I will gladly return your things. You will find Riverfall a friendly place, especially to your kind. I hope you enjoy yourself here and have good fortune on your travels." She said, carefully setting his things down and backing away.

"It's perhaps later than I suspected, so I'll be along home. If you ever need a place to stay or any healing, feel free to seek out Sanctuary on the clifftops. It's a place of healing for animals and kelvics. Feel free to drop by anytime."
She added, offering him a parting smile and scurrying off back down the beach towards the road home.

As fun as it would be to play with a fox, even for a while, the long term implications weren't something she was ready to face. Bonding if he was unbonded. Cleaning up after mischief if he was the sort. There were all types of issues that came with wandering Kelvics. Kavala was better off heading home than getting herself into them.

NoteThread Finished Due To Camden's Departure. :)
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Charon on April 30th, 2010, 3:54 am

Thread Experience Awards

Camden
XP:
+1 in Singing, +1 in Negotiating
Lore: Knowledge of Konti Appearance

Kavala
XP: +1 in Clam Hunting ;), +1 in Negotiating
Lore: Knowledge of Kelvic Shifting

Mod Notes: Nice quick thread- too bad it couldn't have gone longer.
| - Riverfall - | - Akalak - | - Starting Guide - |

Charon
Fiendish Ferryman

Words: 99186
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2010, 1:36 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous