More Than A Flurry [Sam'ael]

Snowed in, the truth comes out.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Issima on March 21st, 2012, 3:51 pm

"No, I wouldn't have told Denen before you," she countered lightly. "I wasn't very ill, and the worst of it was on a boat, so he was plying me with ginger tea already."

Issima curled her fingers into the fabric of his cloak, burrowing into his borrowed warmth.

"None of the group know. There has been enough going on, I didn't want to complicate it with unnecessary worries."

There had been a period of many weeks when Issima had felt as though she had something to prove, if only to herself. She was a strong Drykas woman and already she felt sometimes out of place with the almost entirely male party. Sandar didn't really help, because she was so much like Menali and with weightier issues on her mind, Issima found that she had little patience for it. Oh, they got along well enough, it wasn't as if she created tension with her disinterest, but Sandar's interests were often so very superficial and simple that Issima could draw no real comfort from her feminine presence.

"Only... only Kavala knows."

Issima was quiet for a moment, allowing that notion time to settle. It had been a while since they'd seen the walls of Sanctuary or the pretty Konti. Would he piece together that she'd already carried his child on the day he married her? Would it matter?
Issima
unlucky number seven

Words: 48457
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2011, 8:51 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 22nd, 2012, 5:54 am

He laughed a little, knowing it didn't matter in the end. He knew now and that was all that mattered. But if she wanted to keep it quiet the way many women did, fearing miscarriage and public disappointment, he wasn't sure how good of an actor he was. His will kept the ring of fire burning around them, ever fed by more res, but he was getting much better at it. The flames danced merrily, as if pleased by the news too, and their bodies rocked back and forth together in a slow echo of the movements that had kindled life within her womb.

"She probably spotted it, hey? Healer, intuitive. All that." He hugged her a bit tighter for a moment. "Do you want to tell them? Make an announcement, or just casually mention when everyone's together? Or do you want to keep it between us for a while longer?"

Sama'el was illiterate, and though he could count and do the sort of arithmetic a horse trader needed, he was not about to go counting the abstractions of past days to figure out exactly when all this had gone down. They had conjoined their flesh and their lives, and now they were bearing fruit. That was all that mattered.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Issima on March 27th, 2012, 5:44 pm

"You can tell them however you like," Issima said, beginning to relax into the realization that the burden of the secret she had kept had been hers alone. Sam didn't care. He didn't notice, or he didn't care, or both. Either way, it didn't matter. He was pleased, and now there was nothing else hidden between them. The relief was more palpable than she'd have imagined, and she felt almost giddy in the wash of it. She reached up to curl her fingers in the hair at the base of his neck and she pulled him downwards so that her lips could find his own.

He tasted like Endrykas. Like home, safety, hope, and life. He tasted like Sam, like love, and like pleasure. Positively tingling with the charge of the moment, of this shared joy between them, Issima kissed him soundly, until she was breathless and had to pull away to draw in sweet, fresh air.

"Sam..." she murmured, fingers curling against his strong neck as she pulled him closer still, pressing her ripe frame into his as much as their position would allow.
Issima
unlucky number seven

Words: 48457
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2011, 8:51 pm
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 29th, 2012, 3:33 am

"What?" he asked, delighted by the feel of her, the taste of her. He wondered whether his name were not a summons to some more secluded spot to go over how babies were made so they didn't forget before the time for another one came. But when she pulled him back, he obliged her by falling back into her mouth.

They had done a lot of kissing since their travels together began, but he never tired of it. There was something magical about them, not repetitious, but each one building upon the last, taking them to some new and wonderful place. He rarely thought of Dymphna now, or Athe, the women he had thought perhaps to marry. He wished them well, but was pleased to have found a perfect fit.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Valkyrie on July 20th, 2012, 3:55 pm

Thread Award

Sama’el :
Experience
1 Seduction
1 Reimancy

Lore
Going to be a Father
Feeling the First Kick
Starting a Family with Issima

Other
N/A

Notes: This was a really beautiful thread and I enjoyed reading it immensely. Not much happened to give experience for unfortunately but the thread was absolutely amazing regardless. The love between these two was tangible and the joy of starting a family was heartening to read. Good job!

I will not be grading for Issima until CS issues and updates are resolved.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous