The Ground Never Settles[Kyra]

Clyde is out messing with the ground, and meets Kyra.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 12th, 2012, 4:25 am

It had been a few moments, since Clyde had used magic, but suddenly he noticed a pain sweeping through his head... Dang... All that stuff so close together, and after using the other djed. He was getting a headache... Perhaps it was an early warning sign of overgiving... Or maybe it really was just an innocent headache?

Of course, being a mage, Clyde usually assumed it was the more sinister answer of the two, that it was due to his magic. Though being fair, normal people got headaches just fine, without using magic. He really had no way of telling. Though he also had not used to much magic... He had done more, and been in better shape... Though of course, he also was using a element he was not as used to, earth... Perhaps that was part of it, since he was still working out the kinks of how to best use earth.

As he looked at Kyra, he tried to figure out how the mans own sword, had ended up in his neck... He left her alone for a chime, and this ended up happening. Really, what was with this girl?

Finally, she knocked him out, with a boot to the chin, laying him out. He would bleed out left on his own. And he doubted anyone would be coming to help him. He had killed or incapacitated that one... Kyra had killed the first one. And the one he had set in flame was slowly smoldering. He had been unfortunate enough to not be able to put himself out. So he was dead... This last guy was truly petched. But these guys loss, was their gain.

"Sure, just help me loot these guys, and we can go the rest of the way back to Ravok."

Odd really, that Kyra had forgotten that bit. That she had not recalled such a simple thing, that anything they looted and carried back, could be sold easily enough in town. Not at the worth of new ones, but still would pull in a bit of gold. Plus it would look more like a mugging, if they looted them.

Clyde was fast, but efficient. He went through each of there coin purses, taking what was in them, not surprised that the one that had been the leader of sorts, had the most on him. Then he would go for simple things. He could take any small weapons, daggers and such, and sell them off, stowing them in his pack so he could free his hands. And a few of the swords looked like they were in decent shape, they could be taken.

Then came less easy stuff. Bits of armor, boots and such, which were of varying levels of quality and weight. Most of that would have to be left, it would take to much time, and be to heavy. Though if he found a pair that looked to be in good shape, he might take one of there pairs of boots. As for the bandit that had been scorched, he steered clear of him, anything he had ruined.

Once they sold the stuff back in town, they could split the loot, the proceeds from the stuff and the money in the coin purses. For know, they had to get back.

Once he was done, he would give a bit of it to Kyra to carry, and give her a small grin.

"Well, I suppose we are off. Back to Ravok. And of course, being the gentlemen I am, I will share the proceeds down the middle with you."

Clyde took a few steps, and began to walk along. Pausing to make sure Kyra was coming, and that she would not try to slip a dagger into him as he looked away, in case she thought he was weakened from the fight. Though really, that would be an illogical thing to do. It would mean Kyra would have to haul everything back herself!
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kyra on July 12th, 2012, 9:08 pm

Kyra moved back towards Clyde again. Her steps, graceful with a light bounce as she moved around the bodies and stood at his side. The red blouse she wore was now covered in more blood and a few speckles dotted her leather pants. The smell of the blood still flooded her nose, and although the exhilarated feeling she had during the fight had faded, the odor was a easy reminder. It was a more subtle form of excitement and if she hadn't already eaten, and if her energy had been depleted, Clyde would bare witness to a rather gruesome scene.

It was then that she noticed, hidden by the stronger odor of blood, that Clyde's dog was still there. She thought it strange that it hadn't attacked the men as she and Clyde had. Maybe the dog knew that it wasn't a match for a bandit, or perhaps it was simply to afraid too attack. Either way it didn't matter, the fight was over and even if she hadn't joined in, Clyde probably could have finished them all himself. Or could he? "Are you a scavenger Clyde Sullins?"

In the excitement she hadn't thought to loot the bodies. If Marcelo was still alive he would certainly have taken the opportunity. He had told her many times in the past that it was all fair game. Whether the item was worth 200 gold mizas or simply 2, it could all be sold and the mizas would add up. Nothing the bandits carried looked new and their armor was pretty beat up. A few of the swords seemed a much better quality than the rest, and were probably stolen. It wasn't likely that they would get a lot for them but a gold miza was a gold miza.

Kyra stood there, her arms stretched out and allowing Clyde to load them with as much as he dared. She smiled mischievously and tilted her head to the side as she looked at him. Unknown to him, she considered everything he gave her to be her own property and wasn't about to let him walk away with the proceeds from both their bundles. "You are a generous man, Clyde Sullins."

Kyra thought curiously about the way he looked over his shoulder as he began to walk back to the city. Either he had taken a likening to her and wanted to be sure that her load wasn't too heavy, or he was wary of her following so close behind him. She didn't have any intentions of attacking him, he was an interesting human and all around too much fun. Kyra paused momentarily, a thought blossoming in her mind, and possibly the reason for Clyde's earlier hard stare towards her.

There were bodies laid about, all in the opening for anyone to see who crossed that path. Kyra was used to the wilds, and she had left animal carcases laid about the ground and others stuffed in trees. But this wasn't the wilds exactly and much closer to the cities. The path itself had been traveled many times and the bodies would be found soon. Still, she didn't see how it could lead back to them, but it did give her an idea. "You know Clyde Sullins, you can burn the bodies, and send their ashes into the wind. Then no one will ever find them."
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 12th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Rye of course, did not attack. He was a guard dog it was true, but his main training was in alerting him to danger. In a real fight, he was to easily bested. Perhaps against an unarmed foe, but against someone wielding weapons, he would die. So simple enough, Clyde had not ordered him to attack. And well trained as he was, he had listened.

Once it was all over, he continued following along close to Clyde. He knew by know not to interrupt when his master was fighting, and to steer clear.

"A scavenger? No, I am a business man, and know when to take opportunities. They no longer had need of it, and so their assets became ours. Better for us to turn a profit by it, than for it to lay in waste, to be destroyed by the elements, or other people who actually are scavengers. Spoils of war are loot, not scavenge."

Clyde smiled at her, making sure not to give her to much loot. In the end, they both ended up carrying about half of the stuff. It made more sense that way, to split the weight. And he meant what they said. Since she had been equally involved in it, if not equally as helpful, he would split things down the middle. Half for each.

Of course, it was hard to be equally as helpful as a mage in a fight. Obviously he was going to have been the one that did more, and was more helpful. But still, he would split it equally. He did not mind losing a few mizas over it, if it meant gaining her good will, and trust in his fair dealings.

But know, she was wanting him to do more work! To burn the bodies! Did she realize the djed that would cost? It was one thing to use magic when he had to, in a fight and such, but to use it on so frivolous a thing, that could as easily not be done at all, or be done non-magically. He was not so crazy as to waste djed on such a thing.

"Honestly, I have little fear from them being found. More likely than not, some animal will find them, and destroy what is left. Nature will take its course. And if not, and some person finds them? So what. They were obviously not citizens of Ravok, not by their dilapidated nature. Most likely bandits or some such. Plus, we are not in Ravok. They attacked and tried to kill and rob us, and in self defense we took their lives. There is nothing wrong with that."

Clyde coughed, and continued walking, not bothering to look at the bodies again, and heading back to Ravok. That annoying headache stabbing at his head lightly...

"Besides, do you think magic is free, that I just pull the flame out of the air? Each casting is costly. I do not use magic for such frivolous things. Training is one thing, that is another entirely."

Clyde would walk on, in silence if Kyra did not ask him anything else. Once back in town, they could sell the loot of, and split the mizas, and then part ways.

"So, were about in Ravok do you stay? I ask in case I want to meet you again."

oocSo about done, if you want the next post can be the last, though I may make one final post. Then we can begin the next thread
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kyra on July 13th, 2012, 1:49 am

Kyra followed along caring the bit's of armor and weapons that he gave her and continued along the path back to the city. She listened as he explained his business sense, and for that reason he placed himself on a higher level than a simple scavenger. She didn't doubt his words, however the difference between a scavenger an a business man that looted for mizas hadn't been explained to her previously. It made as much sense as it was confusing and she found herself staring at him, her golden eyes a bit widen and her full lips puckered into a oval shape. "A business man? Is your..magic a part of your business as well?"

Her former master had also referred to himself as a business man and his magic had been a vital part of his business as it were. Marcelo would use his magic and tricks to wow the crowds and dazzle their eyes before he picked their pockets. The seasons she spent with him had been very interesting and she had learned a lot about human's and their nature. Marcelo was a unique and charismatic man and was mostly responsible for Kyra's current strange behavior.

She followed him still as they came closer to the city and the day finally turned to night. The stained shirt she wore appeared almost black and the dark leather hugging her hips and legs shined a bit in the moon's glow. Her pale blonde pigtails bounced about her back and shoulders, as she held the pilfered goods against her chest and moved along. "I suppose you're right."

The men were a lost cause to begin with and no one would miss them even if they were found, that much she understood. Still, the magic he had used to set the man a blaze had been a sight to see and she wouldn't mind another demonstration. Of course if the fire spread to the surrounding grass, it could become very dangerous and burn the forest around them. However she wasn't concerned with what might happen, and if the fire only burned the bodies or took the forest with it, either way it would be amazing sight to see.

Kyra stared at him curiously when he asked if she thought that his magic was free. The young kelvic had yet to figure out how he was creating this magic, much less have an understanding of how much it took from him. Even so, it was only an option she thought of sense he seemed a bit worried about it. "We should get moving before the beasts of the wild catch the smell of blood...Wouldn't want you to have to waste anymore of your magic."

Kyra smiled, glancing towards him as she continued down the path. The walk from then on was silent with only the sounds of the wild to combat the dead silence. Several chimes later Clyde spoke up and asked a question of her. " I live in apartment C-27, it's close to the plaza." She looked at him, her lips curving just a bit, almost forming a smile. It appeared that the man was taken with her, or at least had a growing interest that he may or may not pursue on a later date. "I'm sure we'll meet again Clyde Sullins, and maybe you can show me more of your magic."

???Okay, I'm not sure if that apartment is taken, if so then I can change it. Otherwise we can end it here or you can post the last.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Persona on August 3rd, 2012, 10:34 pm

Thread Award!

Clyde Sullins:

Skills:
Intimidation +3
Reimancy +3
Interrogation +3
Observation +1
Tactics +1
Persuasion +2
Rhetoric +1
Weapon (Staff) +1

Lores:
Reimancy: Earth is my New Second-Favorite Element
Being in Denial About Magic Addiction
Reimancy: Earth is Brittle
Reimancy (Earth Spikes)
Using Magic As a First Resort
Paranoia: Is She Out to Get Me?
Kyra: Quick to Violence
Killing is Unpleasant
Bandits Don’t Understand How Magic Works
Kyra’s Address

Extras:
Ledger: + 2 GM, 6 Sm, 4 cm
Mud-Soaked Low-Boots (There’s too much mud in them to wear them comfortably, but if you clean them up, you might be able to find out whether they could be worth anything. But until you clean them, you can’t tell what they looked like or were made of, and no shopkeeper will buy them from you. Also they smell like swamp gas.)

Kyra:

Skills:
Detection +2
Stealth +1
Observation +5
Investigation +1
Interrogation +3
Subterfuge +1
Acrobatics +1
Land Navigation +1
Brawling +1
Persuasion +1
Weapon: Shortbow +2
Weapon: Shortsword +2

Lores:
Not All Magic Uses Smoke and Mirrors
Clyde: Arrogant Magician
Magicians Never Reveal Their Secrets
I Need to Feel Whole Again
Violence is Fun!
Clyde: Not Bloodthirsty?
Taunting Your Prey
Blood Smells Good
There is a Difference Between a Scavenger and a Business Man

Extras:
Ledger: + 2 GM, 6 Sm, 4 cm
(I gave you the odd copper, since Clyde gets to keep the smelly boots. You got the better end of the deal, eh? ;) )

Note: I was not able to award hunting, since you only mentioned it instead of displaying the skill. Remember to show your character performing skills, not just reference the skill with one line. :)

For Reference, the Loot Breakdown

Note: Theese were bandits trying to live in the wilderness, obviously unskilled and unwashed, probably foreigners kicked out of Ravok. As such, their loot is nothing to get excited about. :)

Total Value of Loot:
4 gm, 12 sm, 7 cm

Loot Breakdown:
Coins: 1gm 3sm 7 cm
Slightly Rusted Shortsword: sells for 3gm
Chipped Dagger: sells for 9sm
Mud-Soaked Low-Boots: cannot be sold

Notes:
Good thread guys. It'll be interesting to see where this relationship goes. Also, it’s not often I get to make up loot. :)
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous