Nosferious 05 Spring 510[Training Thread]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on May 2nd, 2010, 12:36 am

4th day of Spring, Year 510 AV
Complete Thread.
Second Training Thread. Hoping to make enough in order to get paid for the season as well as improve some of my skills as an honored teacher!

They're getting smarter.

It's only been a few days now since the class has begun and already they show signs of drastic improvements. Perhaps this in itself is just a miracle, having the six of them actually be quite skillful with comprehension. Nosferious ponders, staring up at the cieling from his bed, the light now gone from his window.

The room was too dark to bother staying awake in, Nosferious' eyes slowly closing. He was tired from the teaching today, having taken his class to play outside instead, questioning everything they interacted with and having them spell it out on the board he carried with him. They had even bothered a few of the knights, the children having a chance to interact with platemail and unstrung bows.

Of course Nosferious had little fun with it when one sword fell from a high shelf, striking into the ground near him. The children could not help but laugh as he jumped back, bumping into one of the knights and taking both of them down to the floor. The knight was surprisingly strong, being able to lift Nosferious overhead, spinning him to get more laughs from the kids as the poor man screamed.

It was a good day, and the only thing that he could think of now is what tomorrow will bring. It was nice, being able to teach his students the way he wants to, and being able to get them to actually have fun in the class. Even if it ment being used as a windmill by a guy who could probably snap him in half. Finally he drifted off, silence overtaking his room.

5th day of Spring, Year 510 AV

He awoke to the familiar scent of candle wax, light quickly fillign his room by his window. Slowly he got up, yawning as he searched around under his pillow for his diary book. Once he grabbed it he got up with a slight sway, as though about to fall from the morning fatigues, making his way towards the table and chair.

As on par with his routines he dabbed a quill into ink, and began writing in his book under the lights, his eyes near completely closed as he did so. Spring 5, 510. Back to class. Back to work. Things have been going pretty well so far, and some of the knights seem to be taking an interest in my class, being so helpful as we come around to visit them.

He yawned once more before blowing on his book to dry the inks as another step to his routine. Once dried he closed it, carrying it with him to his chest. He was quick to get dressed, slipping on his cotton shirt, cotton pants, tieing the pants to his waist with a single sash before placing on his green robes. He slipped the book into his coat as he closed the chest with his foot.

He wandered back over to his bed, sitting on the side and dragging the shoes out from underneath with his toes, lifting them with a foot and slipping them onto the foot that lifted the shoe. Twice he tapped both heels on the ground, shifting the shoes to a comfortable fit on his feet.

He was ready now, getting up and looking towards the door he was going to leave through. It was a slow process but he made it out into the hall, begining to walk towards his class before two voices from the back left and back right of him called out, "NOW!"

He saw a shadow past by as he jumped up in the air, a rope flying below his feet, "Sorry Kinu and Kiyu but you wo-" He paused looked towards the boy with the messy brown hair, "Where's Kiyu?" A clicking sound was suddenly heard, something connecting to his ankle. When he turned back he noticed the girl with long brown hair connecting something.

Quickly she ran towards Kinu who in turn rushed towards class with her nearby. I examined my ankle, noticing a strange binding, connected by a chain to a large iron ball. 'Damn...I thought I finally dodged them this time." Nosferious thought to himself, poking at the chain with a quill. After a minute he tried lifting the large ball, but dropped it quickly, it's weight easily slipping out of his hands.

'Where the hell do these kids get these things!' he thought to himself, trying to drag the ball with him as he moved but stopping quickly, the horrid sound scratching against the hard floor. 'Damn. I can't make this much noise all the way down there.' Suddenly the noise of numerous feet could be heard from the other end of the hallway behind him, three knights coming around pointing and screaming, "There he is! The Criminal! See He's Still Bound!"

Nosferious smiled, finding new strength in his fear as he hefted the iron ball with both arms, "This isn't good." He said to himself with a whisper, looking calm before suddenly bolting towards the other direction. He could hear the knights giving chase, their armor slowing them down, but the iron ball in his arms slowing him down.

"Please Listen To Me! I am not a criminal!" Nosferious yelled out towards the knights as he ran towards his class, hoping Kiyu and Kinu could explain what had happened. He continued to run, quickening his speed as he heard one of the knights starting to catch up. Then he saw it, the door to his salvation, and two twins at it looking back at him.

When they saw their teaching charing at them like a mad man, Kinu and Kiyu quickly opened the door, sliding inside and closing it. Nosferious saw this, yelling out, "No! Please wait!" before trying to slow down. It was to misfortune however that he could not, the weight of the ball pulling forward increasing his speed instead less he fall.

He continued running towards the door, ball at hand, knights on his tail, before finally he was able to stop, slamming into the door with a solid thud, then dropping the ball on his foot causing him to scream out. Nosferious laid on the floor, clenching his foot as the knights came upon him.

The three of them were laughing, one holding a hand out to help him up which he took in a confused state. "Sorry Green." One said, stating a nickname he earned from his green robes, "The kids talked us into helping them with this prank. We couldn't help but want to help them."

The knight pulled out a key, kneeling down and undoing the lock around Nosferious' ankle. As he stood back up, holding the heavy ball in a single hand with the chain dangling over, he gave a smile. "No, it's fine. It's good for everyone to get a laugh," Nosferious said, scratching his head at the thought that this entire thing was a joke once more created by his class, more namely Kiyu and Kinu most likely.

Nosferious stepped back, resting against the door trying to catch his breath, "You guys gave me a good scare." He wiped a bit of sweat from his brow from the previous run. "Well. I best get to class." he then added, opening the door and slipping inside, the knights laughing once more as they walked away.

"Kiyu. Kinu." Nosferious started, the two standing there with grins on their faces, "You know. You two are really going to give your teacher a heart attack one of these days." They were quick to run off to their seats at this point, joining the rest of the class who began chuckling at what may seem an inside joke as Nosferious went up to his board to start the days lesson.

The day was pretty silent, the twins having already had a chance to have their fun and the rest of the class silent in their studies. Each of them had a book from the class, trying to read the print on it. I had to help often, telling them how to say a word or how to pronounce something though the words were of an easier nature, consisting mostly of three to five letters in them.

At the 14th bell, it was time to leave. Everyone returned their books, some laughing as they left having heard Kiyu and Kinu's story of this morning. Nosferious could not hold it against Kiyu and Kinu for having such a playful nature. However he could hold it against the knights, thinking simply of how scary the entire situation was.

He left slowly, still tired from the morning stress before hearing something scream out from behind him, "NOW!" This time he lunged forward with the shadows, landing like an animal on all fours before them. He noticed one figure and then felt that the second must be behind him in his blind spot. He pushed again, seeming to fly sideways across the ground and into the wall before standing with his back towards it to eye the two.

They had nothing at hand but instead were laughing, finding entertainment in just the fact that Nosferious was so quick to move at the word now. "Sorry teach!" they said in unison before Kinu carried on the sentence, "We can't help it. You're fun to tease." Nosferious sighed, giving a reply, "I noticed. You two have always loved picking on me, even when you were much, much younger."

The two kids ran off and Nosferious began making his way towards his room, trying his best to keep himself together. Though he had not moved much then, he was not used to having to dodge things at all. Those two children were probably going to keep him on his toes all season.

Someone needs a vacation.
Syliras Dusk's Office. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic1973.html
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Words: 20391
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2010, 7:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on May 5th, 2010, 4:57 am

XP Award!

Nosferious

XP Award
Writing: 1 XP
Running: 1 XP
Acrobatics: 1 XP

Lore Award
Knights' Pranks

Additional Note
You seriously need to beat those children. XD A fun thread, less training and more RP which is fine by me. To reward you further, you get the follow letter the next day:

Dear Mr. Kainetu,

It has come to my attention that a few of the younger Knights took part in a prank with some of your students. While I can appreciate the boundless energy that some youth have, it is not my intention to see you either disrespected or injured while employed by us.

As such, the aforementioned Knights will be stopping by your classroom tomorrow evening and cleaning the entirety of it from top to bottom as part of their apology to you. They will also be returning the following morning to speak to your children about the Syliran Knights and answer any questions they might have.

Please let me know if you have any further incidents, and I will be sure to see to your comfort and safety.

Sincerely,
Sir Tenner Nigriso
3rd Wing, Gray Company, 2nd Regiment, Silver Quadron

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)