Leafing weird (Gale)

What ya doin' up there?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Leafing weird (Gale)

Postby Leigo on August 9th, 2012, 9:19 pm

“Well, you’re hired, obviously” Leigo would start, bringing some good news into the conversation. Then he would proceed to the technicalities as to not be bothered later. He probably wouldn’t even mind paying Gale up front, but it was always nice to have everything preplanned.

“I’ll need you to draw me a modified gauntlet. It should be a couple sketches from the same number of different angles” Leigo was no drawing expert, but he knew Gale was good enough to make something of a living based from those abilities. Now he would just need to make a compatible container for Onuo and everything should fit into place.

“Oh, and it’s also supposed to contain this in the palm area” pulling out a gem seemingly made of ice, boy would let it’s oval shape soak in some light. Surely Leigo could’ve placed it anywhere, but holding something under a closed armored fist seemed safe enough for the familiar. “So how much do you think something like that would cost me?” couldn’t be too expensive surely. Yet Leigo found himself not wanting to haggle with the man. He would accept anything but the most unreasonable deals.
Leigo
Player

Words: 154744
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Leafing weird (Gale)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 9th, 2012, 10:01 pm

A gauntlet? Gale never thought of drawing a gauntlet before. He didn't think he would be able to get it to man in a very short amount of time considering it being a first. But it wouldn't take long either. After all, he said the same picture but from several different angles. If he got the first angle right he could go off of that for the rest. But why would he want a gem to be held in a modified gauntlet? That was strange to Gale. But after considering it, Gale wouldn't refuse. After all, it was a job and jobs provided money and money was becoming scarce for the artist.

Thinking of how long it would take and how well he would be able to draw it, Gale wasn't able to think of an estimate of how much it would cost. But Gale never was one to really pick an exact price. That was always up to how much the buyer was willing to pay for it. Even if it meant he would get ripped off. It was a drawing. He could just as easily make another one similar to it. Besides, if they decided to rip him off and they got away with it, if the time came when they would need another one, they'd probably come back since the drawing or painting was cheap. Right? At least that was his logic. Not sure how accurate that would be though. But Gale never thought much about the subject.

"The price would be how much you think it's worth." Gale told him simply, his hands placed on his hips.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Leafing weird (Gale)

Postby Leigo on August 9th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Rising his eyebrows slightly, Leigo didn’t react in a way most would expect. He could’ve probably just taken things his way and underpaid the fool. Instead, he felt pity and while not voicing it, he’d get annoyed with the man.

“Are you an idiot or are you just naïve enough to believe something like this can do you well?” huffing off annoyance before adding in calmer voice, Leigo would feel strangely good about this. “Grow a pair. Take responsibility for your damn self! And tell me how much do you want” then he’d extend his hand and began nervous gesticulations through the air. He hated dealing with people who didn’t know what they wanted!

“I want four sketches of that gauntlet. Up, down, right and left – in short, four good sketches of the same thing. See? I know what I want” then a pause “Now how long do you think it’ll take you to do the job and how much do you value your work?” there, that was easy. Damn spineless treehugger!
Leigo
Player

Character sheet

Leafing weird (Gale)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 10th, 2012, 12:03 am

Gale raised an eyebrow in confusion at Leigo's sudden burst of annoyance. He had no idea why he was upset about this. But Gale didn't see why someone would get upset about a lot of things. But not taking responsibility for himself? He didn't expect Leigo to know what he had done a few days ago but he considered it taking responsibility for himself. Fighting a Wave Guard for your own protection wasn't an easy task and if he didn't take any responsibility for himself he would have let the Wave Guard beat him and throw him in jail.

Now irritated himself he replied simply, holding his hands up slightly," No need to get upset about it! After all I can just reject the job and leave you to find another to do it! The reason I left it to you is because I don't know how long it will take nor how well I can draw a gauntlet." Gale explained with furrowed brows.

It didn't seem these two were starting off on the right foot.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Leafing weird (Gale)

Postby Leigo on August 10th, 2012, 10:38 am

Calming momentarily, Leigo could feel the urge to ridicule his own actions. So this guy here would rather refuse a job than be specific… jeez some people were difficult. Opening his mouth to make a snarky remark, boy would know better and silence would prolong a bit.

“I’ll give you two Mizas if you can do it well in five days?” that was quite likely overpriced, but Leigo knew next to nothing about that part of the market. Besides, admitting that would’ve been painful for a son of a merchant.

Gale was a strange creature. It would stay at that though. Their conversation wasn’t to be of a too social nature.
Leigo
Player

Character sheet

Leafing weird (Gale)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 10th, 2012, 2:32 pm

There he goes. Took him long enough to come up with a price that he was willing to pay. Sheesh, was it really that frustrating? Gale wouldn't actually be so stubborn if it weren't for his foul mood from two days ago but was Leigo always complaining about peoples' policies? He didn't know and to be honest, he didn't really care. After all, it was he who came to Gale, not the other way around. If he didn't like how he worked then that's his own problem and concern.

The week had been slow for the artist. Real slow. He'd rather sell a few drawings and be underpaid then have no pay at all, considering he had no other way to gain money. Unless people wanted to see him fumble with a flute.

"Alright, it's a deal." Gale said with a nod,"Wasn't too hard was it? Anyway, where should I meet you when I am finished?"

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Leafing weird (Gale)

Postby Leigo on August 11th, 2012, 5:50 pm

“Just meet me here once you’re done” There was no point in conversing with Gale further. The man pissed him off anyway. It was almost unbelievable he could ever get into a fight too. Instead the man probably got scraped while running away from a fight – yeah, Leigo could see that happening easily.

“That’s it then?” a final question to settle their dealings for the moment.
Leigo
Player

Character sheet

Leafing weird (Gale)

Postby Taylani on November 20th, 2013, 6:35 pm

XP Award!

Leigo:

XP Award:
  • +2 Socialization
  • +2 observation
  • +1 Negotiation

Lore:
  • Gale McCenry: Climbing tree and drawing for years
  • Job for someone who draws.

Notes:Don’t forget to time stamp if your first post  .

Gale McCenry:

XP Award:
  • +1 drawing
  • +3 Socialization
  • +2 observation
  • +1 climbing

Lore:
  • Leigo: Beginning to get suspicious
  • Example 2
Notes: These are comments.

Comments :
Just a general comment, the more you describe actions in a pose the more skills you will get. Its fun to find new skills to give for actions  Feel free to pm me any questions about the grade and don’t forget to edit/delete your grade request.

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous