not one of those big guys, really

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Hyran on May 1st, 2010, 11:17 pm

Hello there!

First of all, I might have chosen to start playing an Akalak character, but in reality I'm nothing like those big dark guys. Hehe.
I'm 19, female and living in the Netherlands. Therefore I will probably make a few stupid mistakes in grammar and spelling, and my english vocabulary will be noticably more limited than what you guys are used to. Feel free to point out any mistakes that repeat themselves though, it will help me improve.

I found Mizahar because I was searching for it, for a place to roleplay that wasn't just a fandom of a series or focussing on a really specific genre.

My roleplay experiences so far have been fun and intense, and I want to dive futher into this. However, 'till now I've only roleplayed one-on-one; through instant messaging (four/five sentences at a time) or through email.
So this forum-type of RP is a bit overwhelming for me, specially with a setting this large. There is so much to read up on!
Also, I'm not familiar with this system of skills and abilities and such. Because of that, it might take some time and surely a lot more reading before I'm comfortable enough to post.

Well, I'm off to read more and further shape the idea's I have in mind for my PC!

~
Hyran
. .

Words: 16280
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 10:15 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Siiri on May 1st, 2010, 11:39 pm

Hello there Hyran!

Don't worry about having to read up on the lore of Mizahar, I think everyone started of that path when they joined. I know it took me about a month to get my character up and running. ^^

Hope you enjoy the place, and feel free to ask questions if you have any. CHat's a good place to get acquainted with the existing players, and the mods and admins hang around there too. See you around!
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on May 2nd, 2010, 12:18 am

Greetings Hyran!

Welcome to Mizahar. I hope to see you in chat too

Regards,
Morse
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alice on May 2nd, 2010, 11:44 am

Welcome to Mizahar, Hyran!

Don't worry about English being not your mother tongue, we have people from all over the world here. I'm from Austria, and there are Asians and even Africans! You'll also find that your writing skills will improve quickly if you regularly write posts. I can tell from experience that it's a very cool effect!

Anyway, feel free to ask questions here or in chat and take your time to get used to everything. :)
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 2nd, 2010, 6:53 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! Get comfortable and have fun!
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Charon on May 4th, 2010, 2:27 am

Welcome welcome not-so-big-nineteen-year-old-from-the-Netherlands!!! I'm glad to see you here and I'm really looking forward to seeing how a female plays an Akalak. :D I DO hope you'll come play with me in Riverfall?? ;)

Be sure to pop into chat sometime (especially if you have any questions about all the lore to read up on, etc) and feel free to send me a message if you have questions about the Akalak in general. So welcome, again, and I can't wait to see you around!
| - Riverfall - | - Akalak - | - Starting Guide - |

Charon
Fiendish Ferryman

Words: 99186
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2010, 1:36 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Hyran on May 4th, 2010, 9:35 pm

hehe, thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :3

and Charon; yes, I plan on starting in Riverfall, and I'll probably be bugging you with some questions in no time ;)
Hyran
. .

Words: 16280
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 10:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kavala on May 6th, 2010, 6:56 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! *hugs* I hope you enjoy your stay here.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zefiel on May 6th, 2010, 10:18 pm

As long as you bug Charon, everything should be all right. Of course, if you do come into chat, anyone with a red name is too be bugged right off the bat. Although, normally, anyone in chat can answer a question you might have.
Zefiel
Hugh Zefner

Words: 6384
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2010, 3:45 am
Character sheet