[Poll] Numerology and Your PC!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on May 6th, 2010, 8:10 pm

So... lets talk Numerology and your PC. Do you know each thread on Mizahar has a number assigned to it? I thought it would be fun to look at our Character's CS posts and see what number they are and then determine the numerology behind it.

So.. open your PC's CS.. and look up at the top at the www address. There will be a thread number. My PC, for example, is thread 666. Lets use her an example. Take that number and then break it down further.

6+6+6=18... but you want a single digit number... so...then take 1+8=9

My PC is a 9. Below are some traits for each number. Oddly enough, her's was right on. Let me know if they match up or are soo far off its not even funny. :)

This is taken from http://www.thenumberslady.com! She's pretty cool.. you should read her books if your interested in numerology.

SUMMARY OF THE QUALITIES FOR LIFE NUMBERS 1 THROUGH 9

ONES are independent, self motivated, and hard workers. They have a strong desire to be #1. They are critical of themselves and as a result, can be critical of others. When the 1 Life Path has won a personal victory, their face radiates with pure joy. Multitasking is something they tend to be very good at, and keeping busy is important to them. The 1s will not tolerate laziness from the people they spend their time with.

TWOS want peace. They make good mediators.They are very loyal, and when they say that they love you,count on it!They welcome companionship and the chance to share their lives with someone special.The flip side is that if they feel threatened or pushed to the wall, they become the terrible 2s. But ultimately, they do not want conflict.

THREES communicate in all areas: written word and verbal. Writers, radio broadcasters, actors, singers, performers, counselors. They are the natural comedian. They can be manic depressive if they do not use their creative energy and tend to exaggerate the truth. Known for their trademark smile, eyes and voice.

FOURS seek security. Home is their haven. They are usually very cerebral and need to find ways to relax their minds. Like NIKE, "Just Do It." Otherwise, great ideas live and die in their heads.The 4s like to be organized and to put things back in their " proper place". If their home environment appears sloppy and unkempt , that is a sign that the 4 Life Path person is not doing well.

FIVES seek freedom, fun, adventure. If they do not live the adventure, their lives become way too dramatic. They are the natural detectives and celebrators of life (holidays are usually their specialty). 5s have a hard time settling down and have a fear of being trapped or smothered in a relationship.

SIXES are nurturers. If men, they rescue damsels in distress. If women, they mother the "little boy" in their men. They should manage or run the company. If every thing is going smoothly, they must be careful not to ruin it. They tend to put people on pedestals which then topple. Magnetic. People are drawn to them. Their moods affect the room.

SEVENS are another cerebral number. They have a loner quality. They need to learn to have faith. They have a love of natural beauty: ocean, green grass, plants, flowers, etc. If they do not have faith they tend to become very cynical and escape through drugs, alcohol, work, and geography. They have an air of mystery and do not want you to know who they are.

EIGHTS do not feel safe unless they have found a way to establish financial security. It is difficult for the 8s to take advice.When they make a choice, they must feel it is their decision, NOT SOMEONE ELSES. As a result, they do tend to learn the hard way. 8s are very honest and by being so blunt, they unintentionally hurt feelings. Although they can sometimes appear insensitive, what is going on inside them is the exact opposite. They do feel deeply about everything that goes on in their lives.

NINES are the natural leader. People assume they are in charge even if they are not. If in a department store, people think they work there. They take care of everyone else but need to learn to speak up when they need help, love, and hugs. 9s often feel unloved or abandoned by their mother or father, or they feel completely responsible for them. It's hard for them to let go of the past.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on May 6th, 2010, 8:34 pm

A fascinating idea!

Oddly enough, the numbers I got for both of my PCs sound very much like them! Malia is a 7 and I rped the escape and the faith part of her personality. I didn't notice her air of mystery, but it sounds like something she could be. Like with everyone, I think she possesses qualities of other numbers as well ... the perfectionism of 1, the organization of 4, especially the honesty of 8, I think.

Aselia is a 9, although I can see her be a 2, 3 and 5 just as well. The environment she grew up in and what she experienced in the past have really shaped her. She's quite nostalgic if she has time for it. And she definitely speaks more about others than about herself. (Hehe, she should meet up with Nya!)

Amazing how those numbers fit ... but I guess you could find certain aspects of your PC in every number. Still, it's fun to do the test!
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Siiri on May 6th, 2010, 9:28 pm

Siiri's a 5er. Her freedom is her fun. I'd say she's more afraid of being bogged down by responsibilities forcibly thrust to her rather than relationships, everything else is spot on. Though maybe that last trait is partially true as she only forms deep and meaningful relationships with a select few (for now anyway).
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby John Vicari on May 6th, 2010, 9:52 pm

That's....odd. John got a two which is oddly what I am playing at anyway before I even knew of the numerology so I guess it works out.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Trista on May 6th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Trista (thread #353) is a 2 according to this. It's fairly accurate in terms of her being fiercely loyal and avoiding conflict. However, she's much more a loner than a companionship person -- I don't think she's ever had a romantic relationship at all, and although there are some PCs that she likes, and who might be close friends eventually, she doesn't have any close friends living at the present time.

If I had to peg her on this scale, I'd put her as more of a seven...I should have hurried up a bit and gotten #349 ^_~
Trista
I can see for miles and miles and miles...

Words: 101570
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 1:08 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on May 7th, 2010, 12:24 am

Thread #919

9 + 1 + 9 = 19
9 + 1 = 10
1 + 0 = 1
(Sorry, the "Show your work" rule has been beaten into me by my math teachers)

Alistair deGrey is a #1.
Its pretty interesting, it sounds quite a bit like Alistair, except the joy part. Obviously anybody who makes machines in a brutal post-apocalyptic world is rather self-motivated, not many people even try to delve into the field. I guess its a lot easier to just leave it to those that know it xD.

The only part, and its rather trivial, that doesn't match up with Alistair is the personal victory -> joy part. To deGrey, a victory in his craft is *the* absolute minimum. Victory isn't a cause for joy because its the least he can accept. If that makes any sense at all...

Anyway.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Weyliss on May 7th, 2010, 1:40 am

I got 5.

I guess its mostly accurate. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Weyliss
Aegis

Words: 73298
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Hadmycil on May 7th, 2010, 7:25 am

Interesting. Hadmycil's number is a 9, but I wouldn't say it's very similar at all, but it's an aspect of his personality that may grow with him as he gets older, since he's a bit too young to assume a leadership role.

It's workable, but I wouldn't say it's very accurate. A number that's more accurate may be something like 3, 5 or 6.

Cute idea though! I love it.
Hadmycil
Member Number 614

Words: 6195
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 8:37 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Abashai on May 7th, 2010, 10:05 am

Hahaha! Both my PC's are an eight, which seems to have little resemblance to either of them, or myself for that matter!
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aleath on May 7th, 2010, 10:17 am

My PC got 2. I think it fits perfectly, but I think she could be also combined with 7 a little.

Character sheet Scrapbook
Aleath
Player

Words: 37223
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2010, 2:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Next