Location [Location] Black Tar's Alchemical Services

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Location] Black Tar's Alchemical Services

Postby Verilian on July 26th, 2012, 3:33 pm

At first the voice did not respond. The Black Tar was filled with an eerie silence, and an unearthly chill passed over Raenfae as he waited, shooting up his spine and causing his whole body to shiver. Nobody knew who or what was behind the curtain, though there were rumors abound. Raenfae wouldn't the first to seek apprenticeship at the Black Tar either. Finally, after what seemed like chimes of silence, the voice responded.

"I remember you.. and your mother. But tell me, why should I take you as an apprentice? You are not the first to ask this of me, so what does the child of Sylina have that others do not?"
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Raenfae on July 27th, 2012, 1:04 am

Raenfae felt the silence pressing in on him as he waited, not fully sure what to expect with his request. Still, he held out, determined to talk and get an answer. That was when a chill he had never experienced before passed over him, feeling like it reaching through the marrow of his bones and to his heart, causing him to shiver. He fought hard to control the shivering, to minimal effect.

It finally faded a bit, the effects lingering around his spine, but only more silence followed. Raenfae was not sure if he was just sized up or what had really happened, the silence only adding to the uneasy feeling he felt. Finally he was given a reply, questioning him and why he deserved this position.

Raenfae pondered, his eyes focused on the curtain. He could not just say he wanted to learn poisons, that much was evident and would not serve to convince his potential tutor. He thought back to his life as child, his interest in all of the varieties he had been told about, the effects poisons could have and how many types there were. For him, it was not a hobby...

"This is not a mere hobby for me. It is something I was introduced to at a young age, and it kept in my life as constant as my mother and her teachings. It has become a way of life for me. It is more than just using something to harm others. It is about finding what combinations cause what effects, about finding new poisons, and ultimately of mastering Lotus poisons."

Raenfae stood in silence, waiting and hoping he would get this apprenticeship.
Raenfae
Player

Words: 11589
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on August 27th, 2012, 9:38 pm

The voice behind the curtain was silent for some time, and Raenfae began to wonder if it would answer at all, but finally it did. The voice was chilling, and indeed a cold wind swept over him as the response came.

"For your mother, I will do this. Work here, tend to the shop, and maybe.. if you are lucky, you will learn something from me."

The voice was followed by silence, and it would not answer Raenfae again for some time. And before that happened, a customer walked in and began looking around. This time, the voice did not chime in with it's usual instruction of how not to touch and how to pay. That was Raenfae's job, and it was up to him now to collect the money and deal with the customers. It wasn't exactly what he had wanted, but it was a start.

It wouldn't be until after the shop closed down for the day, marked by the door closing and locking seemingly of its own accord. Locking Raenfae in, in fact, though the lock was on the inside so it wasn't as if he couldn't get out. The voice spoke again, "Come into my room, and let us see what you can do."

OOC Information :
You now officially have permission to work as an apprentice/shopkeeper at the Black Tar. This has been added to your Storyteller Secrets thread, which is linked below. Please copy and paste that link into your profile, found under the User control panel.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic25112.html

I'll start on the actual NPC for this location as soon as I'm done with this post.
You don't need to respond to this post.

Raenfae

Lores: The Secret Owner of the Black Tar

Notes: Happy threading!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous