Pure Concentration (Solo)

[The Stone Gardens] Reflections on his meeting with divinity.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Eridanus on February 29th, 2012, 2:28 pm

Day 8, Winter of 511 AV
Early Evening
The Stone Gardens

Eridanus sat cross-legged in a peaceful corner in the serene gardens. His mind was troubled, but it was thoughts of his encounter with Wysar. Both mortal and god had been mistaken, which resulted in the cost of a single life. It was an unnecessary death. A circumstanced one, but still unnecessary. With that, he had been marked with the God's gnosis.

Upon visitation and consultation with the folks at the Temple of All Gods, he discovered that it was known as Evantia. One of them the faithful had explained it to him, though that man did not have the gnosis - his information was a result of research rather than personal knowledge.

The art of instantaneously discerning intentions.

In a way, it acted similarly to Auristics but without the risk of Overgiving for it fed off Wysar's divine djed. It was much more effective because of its speed, but unlike most other gnosis Wysar's had been practised, and it had been to be properly earned.

How typical of Wysar.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Eridanus on August 20th, 2012, 8:06 am

Touching the base of his neck, he slowly stood up, feeling the aura enveloping the area around him. Though, it did so slowly, jaggedly, as if unsure as to the manner that is should proceed.

When Wysar blessed with his His mark, Eridanus gained an inherent understanding on how it worked. Yet, that understanding did not come with proficiency, of which he had to realize and find out himself.

He changed the manner of his breathing from a deeper one to a lighter one, yet sought to remain consistent to maintain a semi-meditative trance. Information began to flood in as the aura sought people, and sought intention, and that sudden wave of data froze the vantha in place.

It was simliar to Auristics, yet so difference. Similar in the form of information processing, but it was so much more clean, and efficient. Was this how a Master Auristics User felt? The information was seamless, complete and instantaneous.

That also required a much stronger mind to sift through the knowledge. He now knew why the other faithful advised him to properly practice with it before even thinking of using it in actual combat.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on August 20th, 2012, 8:08 am

He began to mentally sift through the information given by Evantia, sorting them out and processing as he saw fit. Slowly, he was able to handle the deluge of information and took a single step. And another. Then another.

Soon he was running about in circles as he did so, increasing the speed at which his body can function independently as he multi-tasked. Stopping himself, he readied his body, and jumped up, tucking his legs backwards as he somersaulted rather crudely.

It was to be expected, for his body was not at its physical prime, not with Evantia constantly flooding his mind with distractions. He landed on his feet but with his hands touching the ground, and he tried again.

Another back tuck. Yet another.

It was only a short while but he was beginning to get mentally tired. But he could not stop now, that was not the way of Wysar.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on August 20th, 2012, 8:10 am

He went through a series of unarmed poses and stances that he learned in Alvadas and Denval, and it soon proved to be a different sort of challenge. He had to retrieve information from his memory, as well as govern the new information flooding in, and then execute correctly. He started at a painstakingly slow pace, and only gradually increased the speed as he got used to each level of quickness.

It was a whole different sort of difficulty for it involved maintaining proper physical form while handling the input and output of information from his memory. It was taxing unlike any other activity that he could think of.

Are all gnosis are tiring and difficult to use as this?

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on August 20th, 2012, 8:12 am

When his mind could no longer handle the strain, he tuned down the flow gradually, constantly keeping Evantia up but now proceeding to do a series of exercises. Push-ups, sit-ups, running in intervals, rinse and repeat with several punches and then followed by tumbles.

All a series of holistic exercises that kept his mind and body in tip-top shape, and to accommodate for his unique combat style.

When it was all over, he shut down Evantia with relief, and then a wave of exhaustion hit him. It was then that he remembered that the use of the gnosis would result in a much greater exhaustion than usual - it had a greater down time.

Determined to keep his back straight and head up, he marched back to his room, ready to strip out of his clothes and sleep on his bed.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Emblem on August 31st, 2012, 7:47 pm

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Eridanus
Skills
    Meditation- 2 XP
    Running- 1 XP
    Bodybuilding- 1 XP
Lores
    Getting Familiar with Evantia
    Using Evantia with Everyday Activities
    Downtime with Evantia

Other Shenanigans: Nothing

Comments :
Nice little thread on Evantia Eri! Go ahead and PM me with any questions or concerns.
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office