Nosferious 9 Spring 510

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Nosferious 9 Spring 510

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on May 7th, 2010, 1:44 am

8th day of Spring, Year 510 AV
Complete Thread.
Third training thread created by coordinating a previous thread which made me gain a room mate by the name of Joseph.

Dreams of Concern

Nosferious takes notice of his new roommate Joseph sleeping and follows the example, taking off his shoes and cloths and preparing for rest. As he removes his robes he realizes the pocket remains glued from the previous breaking of the glue container. 'Should I still wear this? Perhaps I should put it up until I can find a way to unseal the pocket.' he removes the books and then folds the robes, placing them all on the table.

After a minute of undressing he is ready, folding over his blanket and slipping into bed, resting his head on the pillow as fatigue takes over. It had been a long day for him and his own adventures will continue tomorrow, between the class of fairly rough children and the Pycon who dreamed of being a warrior. At long last his eyes close, drifting to the world beyond worlds.

The sun was out and dried statues remain across the desert sands. As he walks forward, the statues seem to scream, their faces all different, their forms all unfamiliar. He runs, practically sprinting through the sands before finally losing his step and falling across the heated grains. Quickly he wipes the sand from his eyes and notices a more familiar statue before him. An image of Joseph, cast upon stone, holding the Py-pole of his as usual. The man in the sand screams at him but to no avail, his voice silent among the winds.

9th day of Spring, Year 510 AV

Nosferious awakens from his dream with a jolt up. Is not often for him to have a nightmare but this time, perhaps the reason being is from the recent events, or worse a forwarning. As he looked towards Joseph who still slept, he shrugged off the bad feelings, praying it to be just because of the recent events rather the later.

He gets up with a quieted yawn, slowly moving towards the table. The light was starting to shine through the window as usual and on his usual routine he grabs a quill, and his book from the tables corner. He cracks open the book, the bindings starting to make a slight shuffle now from it's over use. With it open he dabs his quill into the ink nearby and writes as always.

Feels to be a troubling day today. The night was filled with unrest, the dream of which haunted me causing some concern. I did not like the idea of seeing Joseph among those statues. I feel as though it was saying him to fall upon a desert of broken dreams. I shall not allow such to happen and will help him as well as one such as I am able to. The only prayer I have is that this dream's meaning to me has no true meaning at all, being just a dream to fade away with the sands o

He ended his writings early, blowing the ink to dry it and then closing the book as the last drop of ink on the page came still. He got dressed as usual in his routine, slipping on fresh cotton pants and shirt, tying the pants with a sash before wandering over to the table where his folded robes lay. It was as though he were challenged to a staring contest by the inanimate cloth, staring down each thread that created the pockets and sleeves, and staring deeper as though able to see through it for a greater purpose of seeing what lies beyond.

Finally he sighed, giving up and grabbing the coat, unfolding it and slipping it on. He was only human after all and to carry on the daily routine without slipping on his coat would of just seemed immoral, yet as to why, he could only provide the answer to himself rather another. He then finished his routine of slipping the books into his pockets, or so the ones that remained opened, and then returning the quill into the robes.

Finally set he makes his way slowly to the door, yet halfway there he stops and looks towards his sleeping friend. He was still alive which was fortunate, but Nosferious couldn't keep watch over him all day. After watching the Pycon sleep for a few minutes to be sure he was fine, Nosferious opened the door, slipping out without a sound. Out in the hall he then began walking, taking his steps towards class.

"NOW" Screamed two voices from behind, yet his mind was concerned with other things. Before what I saw seemed to shift a little, a thin line passing over every thing around me. As I raised my hand to try and grab the flickering thing I realized what had happened, my view suddenly shifting again, falling back and landing carefully with my hands.

Two voices spoke out at once as prior to their usual routine, "Got you again Teacher!" they said, walking by both my sides. Kiyu and Kinu, two of my favorite trouble makers. They had caught me, netted me and now begin to drag me towards the class. Of course I did not fight, realizing I would only be further entangled in the net.

As I was dragged down the hall by the two students who complained horribly of how heavy I was, I thought to myself again. I thought about the little Pycon in my room, who would be alone when waking. Would he feel uncomfortable in the new environment without a friend there? Would he leave the room in the middle of the day? Would he practice with his spear?

The questions seemed to endlessly flow into my head as a door flew open. Laughs and cheers coming from the class as their teacher was dragged in like the fresh catch of the day. Oh what to do... I thought to myself as Kiyu and Kinu worked the net once more, unraveling it from me.

Finally released I floundered about, flopping on my side against the floor, puffing up my cheeks to the best of my ability as I continued to jump. This called for a bit more laughter before finally I rose up, dusting off all the dirt that I had collected on my robes from the travel.

"Alright class." I started, walking towards my desk and taking out a book from the drawer. It was the book that had information about the Pycon race. If I had not skimmed through it I may very well not of known what Joseph was or anything about his people. I cracked it open, and skimmed through the many other species of intelligent races found within the pages.

"Today, I want us to learn something a little new. I want us to learn about Sentient Races." With that I began writing on the board behind me a few of the names out of the book. "A-K-V-A-T-A-R-I, C-H-A-R-O-D-A, E-Y-P-H-A-R-I-A-N, P-Y-C-O-N, J-A-M-O-U-R-A." I spelled out loud, still having to teach them a bit of spelling.

With the names now written on the board I pointed out each one. "Akvatari, a being with a great creative tallent. They have a the tail of fur seals and magnificent wings. Charoda, a person of the sea. These people resemble slightly fish, and are considered the peaceful scavengers under the surface. Eypharians, the people of many arms. These people are talented and some believe to be decended from a god. Pycon, the people of clay. These people are small but have an unlimited amount of potential. Jamoura, the wise apes. These great beast like beings have a great store of knowledge and are considered teachers with even greater talents then yours truly." With the last creature named off Nosferious took a bow at the mention of himself.

"These beings all look different, and yet they are living creatures as are we all. I ask that you remember this for even if some of us look different, be it size, shape, color, abilities, even bloodlines. We have to take into mind that we are still living beings and deserve as much respect as we give. If we respect not the other races, then we cannot expect respect ourselves."

Normally Nosferious wouldn't bother teaching the class of such things but the new found friend of his reminded me of something. If he did not teach them, and if their parents hopefully simply forgotten, then how will they learn to respect the other species of intelligent beings? Nosferious then clapped his hands, "I just wanted to throw this lesson in really quick. To teach you some of the other races of this world. Please take what little you know now into heart."

With that he then erased the board, removing the name of the other creatures with a few quick wipes. Nosferious then returned the book to his desk and pulled out one from his robes. "Alright then. Lets get on to the subject I'm suppose to be teaching. Spelling and writing."

The day then carried on like any other day. Everyone laughed, and played, spelling to their hearts content in our games and some cheering out as they won over the others. Even through this though Nosferious could not shake the dream that haunted him this previous night. Finally the 14th bell rang, it's tone echoing into the classroom. "Alright everyone. it's time to go." he said with a smile.

Everyone left in a hurry, having no longer kept as great an interest in the class as the previous days. Nosferious then watched Kinu and Kiyu leave, not wanting to fall for another one of their traps for the day. As they crept out the door he followed watching as they walked home. With that he made a quick turn and began walking with a fastened pace back to his home.

The dream still haunted him, even though it was merely a dream. The halls seemed even longer then before, every step seeming to bring him farther away rather closer. Finally for what seemed an eternity, he made it to the old door, a slight drifting smell of candlewax seeming through it's wooden frame.

Nosferious pushes it open slowly, the creaking sound piercing his ears but being a good alarm if Joseph was behind it. Watching his step he then moved inside, surveying the room, looking to see if his friend was still around.

Better Luck Next Night!
Syliras Dusk's Office. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic1973.html
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Words: 20391
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2010, 7:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Nosferious 9 Spring 510

Postby Dusk on May 9th, 2010, 5:31 am

Nosferious

XP Award: Writing: 1 XP, Teaching: 1 XP
Lore Award: Lore of Nightmares

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)