You sneaky little...Get back here! (Ana)

Xi gets the third in a set of rings, only to have it pilfered by a scrawny thief.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Ximal on April 12th, 2012, 12:11 am

Xi watched her, she was beginning to iritate him and he could feel his already fragile control slipping and then. He gave liro too much room. You can have control back in a while right now, it's my turn. Xi's body language became completely changed, his anger aura grew completely dead. The madness in his eyes shot up raging and swirling hugely. He cocked his head to the side and fixed his eyes into hers. His smile curling from one of angry knowledge into one of sheer madness and anger. "So you think your beign CLEVER do you ?" As she reached her hand up to his cheek He snapped his hand across and caught her wrist. The true can often be....blurred. SO give me that ring back, and nobody gets hurt." Liro dont hurt her she's not done much wrong, just let her go. I might or i might break her arm to make sure she doesn't do it again for a while. His grip tightened on her arm, he wasn't going to let her go. Not easily at least.

"I'm suprised at your cockiness in the face of danger. Right now i could snap you like a twig. and probably will. Just for fun..." Liro couldn't help but smile. He looked into her smug eyes with sheer, reverent madness. He was and probably would do anything. He grtted his teeth into a mad smile as he leaned into her. Then the coughing started and she split the beans. And his smile just grew. "I applaud your guts. You have to have some to steal from a man like me. Though i'm not sure whether it's courage or stupidity. That ring you have there is part of a set." He motioned his gaze towards the two rings on his fingers one sporting a strange and feral lizard beast the other a tiger emblazoned with lightning. "Now are you going to hand it over? Or am i going to have to strip search you for it? Right now your in the worst position imaginable. Hand it over. And i may spare you. Don't and i'll make sure i go slow killing you. Breaking each joint, then each bone , before finally putting you out of your misery."

Liro's eyes scanned her, searching her for any traces of this other self fracturing or faltering in the face of one by far more disturbed and determined. His face now looked as sane as it did insane. He could and if she didnt give him it back he would kill her. "you spoke to the nicer of us, he doesn't want to hurt people. I on the other hand, am VERY different. He just threatens, i go through with what i say." Liro let the madness of his emotional turmoil explode from him, just to show he was telling the truth and then halted the surge all together. He could show emotions so strongly they they seemed to blast from him. When all he did was allowed them to show even the tiniest bit. "Now, the ring if you please." Liro onece you get the ring put her down. Maybe i will? Maybe i wont? Maybe i'll throw her into the wall!

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on April 12th, 2012, 12:46 am

Remaining calm, she stared into his insane gaze. In truth, it was unnerving but she would not stoop as low as him, she would not break as she was already a shard of Ana, a mask, the string player behind a broken mirror. Listening to him babble on, she was not impressed in the least bit with his ramblings... Recklessly, how could she have let herself get into this situation. Grimacing up at him, she did not struggle against his grasp as she understood she was in no condition to resist.. Her energy had to be saved for the escape, the plan formulated slowly into her mind. Motif would have to take a risk, but a calculated one.. Not a quickly thought over, reckless act of courage and stupidity the man spoke of.. The docks were nearby, but she did not know how to swim... But everything floated, right?

He could possibly jump into the water with her then kill her that way, maybe she could run to the Drunken Fish and hope to start a brawl to lose his trail. Staring blankly into his face as she thought it over, indifferent to his speech she smiled up at him- snapping out of her trance "okay, you've got me. I'm a thief by trade and that ring of yours, well, it just so happens to be in a spot.. I dropped it when I collided into you, I've always been too clumsy for my own good.. My partner always complains how useless I am to him, well, when I'm a vunerable child.. I am useless" remaining indifferent as she spoke, her eyes dulled as she only began to take in, and let out cold information. To formulate plans of escape, she would patiently wait for the moment.

"He probably wouldn't miss me even if you did kill me, actually I think you would be doing him a service.. After all he showed a weakness as he let me live," the rage was nullifyed inside her, only Ana held such dramatic emotions and let them overflow at the wrong times. Motif, however only allowed them to show when it was proper to.. When her life wasn't in danger. Flicking her eyes past him towards the way they had come from, her voice lowered "I believe its in the alley over there, the one I collided into you at" she gestured towards it with her free hand, still he had not let go of her other and still she refused to struggle in his grasp. Bringing the free hand down, her hand quickly made light work, trying to loosen the ring from in between her belt and into her hand; the cloak hid her movements as it was too black to appear wrinkled and show dimensions around her body "I was hoping you would have left me alone, that way I could have back tracked and retrieved it."

Purposefully, she placed a defeated tone of voice into her words to give him the idea he had won. Motif knew better though, the plan was just beginning.

"If you still don't believe me, I can proove it to you if you let me go or drag me with to the scene of the crime.. I saw where it landed," she stared him in the eyes. Furrowing her eyebrows in contemplation, what to do.. What to do.. Silently she wished for a bit of luck to be thrown her way, perhaps it was beginning to run dry? Sniffling, she couldn't hold the headache bombarding her head much longer.. Oh how she didn't like this kind of pain, this.. Weakness of body of hers. On the outside she appeared to be battling a headache, the skin that Ximal held tingled as it began to fall asleep; the hand remained limp in his grasp.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on April 12th, 2012, 3:03 am

Liro loosened his grip as he melloed out back into a state of normality, releasing her arm, a bruise sitting on her arm in the shape of his hand. Liro listened. "If you know where the ring is. show me. I promise not to kill you if you show me." Cocking his head to the side again nd letting her walk back he focused his attention on her, why did such a small girl need suck a big cloak. His furious demeanour returning as he fell back into Xi now loosing interest, She'd cracked too easily, broken like an egg under his grip. liro was bored with her, she wasn't worth killing. Xi regained control as he followed after her. "I'm sorry about that, but these rings have a large significance to me. Larger than i can explain. Though i am sorry that i lost control to the beast within. And i'm sorry that you havde to be in the receiving end." HIs speech was humble and heartfelt even though he still had the feel of anger about him. He could help but feel bad.

He was going let her lead as they walked back to the spot where she crashed into him. He fell into a state of sort of depression with himself. After all he lost control, and everytime he lost control he felt almost, ina daze. His guard was down, his defences were lightened. Even if she was going to escape right now he probably would have notices however. It wouldn't be notice able upon him. As usual he just wore the aura of depression showing no flavour of emotion on his face. He felt even worse now remembering the fact that she was sick. He couldnt help but feel bad, Once she retrieved the ring for him, he would aopologize and pay her for doing this, though if she ran he would chase her. Get back the ring and probably still give her the moneyas compensation for teh issue he had within himself. "I'm sorry for doing that, after we find the ring. I promise you'll never have to hear from me again. I feel ashamed for that behaviour. Even if it wasnt me.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on April 13th, 2012, 3:44 am

Motif led the way, holding her bruising arm to her chest and grimacing. Just for a little longer, just for a little longer.. She kept telling herself, as she slowly walked. With a sigh of relief inside her head, she began noting the finer points of what was around her. This was the port area of Sunberth, not many alleys to escape into but just enough to probably lose him. Once she got to the alley they had met she would initiate plan: Run Like Bloody Heck. Thinking to herself, she was quiet as she noted his own demeanor had changed, something that sounded like a depressed glubbing fish to Motif. Rolling her eyes, knowing Ximal couldn't see the eyeroll she came to a stop just a few paces away from the alley "you said 'two sides' before.. If so, what is your other sides name.. this beast?" She inquired lightly, not turning to look him in the eye "I think I deserve an explantion."

Not replying to anything but that, her eyes slanted as she glanced to the sky. Her hand had pulled out her shirt, causing the ring to fall to the ground.. Feeling it roll down her leg clumsily she shot herself down to kneel before it hit the ground and made noise, feeling her chest slowly speed up, she had to keep control for a little longer. Just a bit longer, just long enough till she could get to the camp once again. Hiding the ring in her palm, she saw something of a similar size and swiftly picked that up as well- it was a pebble. Standing up as if her bones ached, she turned to look him in the eye with a sharp glare "give me the name and I'll hand it back without a chase" she stated to him feeling as if he wouldn't do anything dangerous, gripping both pebble and ring in her palm, she waited till he replied with the name of his alter ego. Flashing the copper at him inbetween two fingers with the pebble hidden behind the others in her palm, stepping back as she arched her arm up and back, she couldn't fumble, it would mean failure.

Stepping back again to have a better shot, she substituted the ring for the pebble and chucked it as far as she could past Ximal. Turning on her heel, feeling the copper burn in her palm almost due to its presence, she ran like bloody heck away from him. If he chased after her, speed or not, it made his attacks straight foward and easily avoidable and so she ran. Head pounding as she breathed, she felt the air go past her, felt it flow through her as she sprinted, into her mouth, her nose, going past her eyes and making them water. The only thing on her mind was to get away, to get to safety, to camp, to Wrenmae or Shroud. Whichever was in control, it didn't matter to Motif as she began making turns through the nearby alleys and the streets. The faux throw of the ring would have given her enough time to escape, she had made sure to flash the copper in front of him long enough to catch his trust, hopefully making him think she had chucked it towards the nearby docks.

Whatever posessed her to keep this petching thing.. Motif wondered to herself, slowing down while she held her chest, she wanted to heave, for the constriction in her chest to stop. Pressing the fist which held the ring in her palm and leaning against the wall, bending over to catch her breath, she had to be far enough away from Ximal by now. With her legs burning from the exhertion of such a sprint she shakily began to walk away, trying to breath normally as she did so.

oocI'm determined to keep the ring, think of it as a reason to thread in the future Ximal. :D Plus it gives her reason to be wary of the streets even more if she knows a big lunatics after her. >.> Makes evasion fun.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on April 13th, 2012, 4:19 am

XI followed ana to the point where she said the ring was dropped and true to her word the, ring was there. Now he felt even worse. Though as he'd walked over with her he hadn't seen it on the ground. The aura of depression around him growing. Then she asked him a question. What was his other sides name? He owed her that much at least. Looking down at her from his loft position he spoke slowly with a hint of anguish in his voice. "Liro, he calls himself liro." As he finished speaking he noticed how she was standing and she hurled the ring the other way. Not even saying a word as he deserved it he spun on his heel and raced after it. Only when he got ten paces away from her theat liro decided to speak up. That wasn't the ring. That was a pebble, it didn't glint in the light, as it flew. For once Xi listened to liro he had a point the ring hadn't glinted. Now he was pissed h'd been right all along, the little bitch. He spun round now to see her running the other way. He felt his anger flare. Pushing flux into his legs he bolted his speed up. He was going to catch her.

Racing after he using the initial speed boost his flux had launched after him. He chased her down . But she was fast and soon lost him.You soft hearted petcher, because of you she's gotten away. WIth that ring. Liro was right, he felt his anger explode, if she was anywhere close she would feel the sheer burning rage he was emitting. As he roared with voice full fo rage and power. His voice reaching about normal speaking leve for him, seeing as he usually whispered to keep his voice down. But now his tone was sharp, hot and loud. "WHERE ARE YOU!" The anger coming off of him was almost tangible, the fury in his voice shaking. If she saw him this would be bad for her as he would bolt right for her and slay her where she stood at this moment.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on April 15th, 2012, 9:32 pm

With everything she could, Motif had evaded the man and with her energy going to her legs she continued to run as far as she could. Camp was on her mind, she had to get there no matter what, the young woman thought to herself bitterly. Ximal didn't deserve that ring, he was too much of a petching fool if he fell for such a devious trick. It didn't take long, however, for Motifs energy to begin fading as she continued to make her way about, her control was ebbing from the lack of nearby danger.. But the streets of Sunberth were enough to keep her just barely on the outside of the mind. Walking now, as she was sure she had escaped she began to hurridly continue even though her legs begged her to stop for some rest. When she heard the shout, it was a little pin prick to her ears- just barely there, it made her heart jump into her throat. Stopping, she leaned against the wall to catch her breath with shaking legs feeling as if she was going to collapse. Motif urged herself to go on, she could make it, she was after all perhaps a good many streets away from the man.

This was no time to rest as he could possibly be getting closer with every second wasted trying to catch her breath as she thought encouragingly to herself, blinking, Motif looked up and began to hobble away for the direction of the Camp. Though she was feeling the effects of over exhertion in her body, a head splitting pain in her noggin and a burning, throbbing pain in her arm, there was a fire in her eyes filled with a determination to not fall prey to those who were stronger than herself, she was the stronger one mentally. Using the wall as a support as she limped onwards, she began cursing under her breath, erratically, due to lack of air in her lungs. No doubtedly the man was still chasing her but the string puller was also most likely far away from him by now. The thought comforted her as she began making plans with the information she had aquired about Ximal, she would tell Wrenmae about it for sure but only once she knew she was safe.

Home, safety, the camp.. Thoughts of perhaps warm furs to curl up in greeted her cheerfully as she was just about half-way there. Shaking her head of the thoughts, she could enjoy such commodities once she was out of this situation for real. Lifting her feet, heavy from the insane sprint she had performed earlier, one step after another and another. Eyes lidded heavily, she grimaced as she forced herself to stay awake, whatever had made her sick was certainly taking its toll on her. Passing by crowds of people, she managed to appear normal to them, to those around her, if she displayed any signs of weakness.. Someone from the groups could possibly pick her out as a potential target to have fun with. Taking streets not normally trekked, staying within the shadows as much as she could whilst constantly looking over her shoulder for stalkers, Motif finally began to see the spottings of the Crimson Edge camp.

Relief passed over her, the grin growing across her face was tired as she made her way to the tent she stayed in. Feeling her control slowly slip away back to Ana, as there was no immenent danger now for Motif to be out.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Fallacy on September 27th, 2012, 4:35 am

XP Award!

Name:Ximal
XP Award:
  • +2 Running
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +2 Flux
  • +2 Negotiation
  • +3 Observation
Lore:
  • Get Back Here!
  • A Pilfering Wench
  • Oh No My Ring!
  • Beware the Seemingly Innocent
  • Run Ximal Run!
  • I Will Kill You Next Time We Meet
Notes:

Name:Ana
XP Award:
  • +2 Larceny
  • +2 Stealth
  • +2 Running
  • +1 Subterfuge
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Persuasion
  • +1 Negotiation
Lore:
  • Pilfering a Ring
  • Run Ana Run!
  • A Mark on Your Head
Notes:

Other: +1 Ring (Ximal's)

Both of your posts are a tad hard to read, Ximal's background and color not being choice, and Ana's font being on the smaller side. It would be far easier to grade if you changed that next time. But other than that, it was a cute little thread. Keep up the good work.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous