[Flashback] Encounter of the Two Stars [Orion]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 28th, 2010, 11:42 am

34th Day of Summer, 509 AV

Cobbled streets laid itself around in winding ways as various feet collided with the ground as torches along the sides of the street lengthened the shadows. Some would have argued that by walking on the ground, it would pain the nourishing earth which provided them a sense of stability and fuel. Yet such thoughts were only thought by those of the extremely driven to protect nature. Nevertheless, Rigil was thinking this as he seemed to move along the crowd.

When the 20th Bell struck, Rigil Kentaurus was already in his human form. Syna had surrendered herself to the darkness and Leth was on the move, arcing through the black canvas that crowned over the world. The short figure of Rigil swept through the streets, his blue cloak definitely a larger size than his stature. It swept along the ground, gathering dust and dirt.

Suddenly, a beggar approached him and burst a bubble in Rigil’s ruminations. He paused for a moment and studied the grey garbed person. She had dirty stained blonde hair and tattered grey tunic which just fell short of her ankles.

“Please, Sir, do you have any money?” came the soft voice and Rigil judged her to be around her early twenties.

Just like me, he thought. For a moment, he simply stared at the woman and did not utter a word. Mistaking his silence for pent up anger, the young woman stepped back though she continued to speak.

“I have a brother...we need food,” she insisted, her round brown eyes were like opals.

He felt unreal and then deciding for himself, he shook his head gently at her.

“I’m sorry,” was all he said. Just as he was about to move on, she suddenly clasped his fingers around the hem of his blue cloak.

“Please!” she begged, a sliver of tears seeming to edge along her eyelashes.

Rigil was forced to make a decision. But indecision was something that he had never been able to shake off. Especially in his human form.
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Words: 40544
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2010, 10:27 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Orion on May 28th, 2010, 12:05 pm

His eyes were peeled to the setting sun as he glided through the crowd, forgetting where he was going, forgetting he was in the middle of the street, forgetting who he was, simply forgetting. Syna walked down the blazing skies, so very slowly, a mist like substance was piling up in his eyes as he was trying to find something to think about besides that monstrous change in him. It was too late, he saw Syna surrendering to Leth in the most beautyfull of all romances, the one that changed lives.

He quickly slided into a dark side alley as the area around him was now glowing slightly in a vivid shade of silver. It was not even a real moment, it was not long enough, and it was already over. He came out of the alley slowly passing by a few people who all had they eyes peeled either to the alley or to him as they wandered where all that light was coming from a second ago.

His pace quickened as he fled the scene reaching another same, plain and boring street filled with same ordinary looking people. He sighsed remembering what it was like back home, what it was like to dance, pray and above all...live among the immortals. Missing, that home was now thorn and more and more of his kind were pouring out into the wild green yonder that was the world. Gazing up to the stars he was now sure what he wanted, he wanted more of them to come, to simply fall down. He knew it was selfish but he could not help it, many lonely years, and many unwelcomed deaths were too much for him to bare alone.

Stopping at an usual scene he got his shifted hand out before even moving close to the them. The female was crying, he never wanted to see them crying. His Vantha blue eyes were fixed a bit to the man close to him and a bit to the female in question. He quickly threw two golden mizas next to the womans feet, cause of his fear to touch her, he just continued to stay there as he watched what was about to happen.

The female kneeled down picking up the money as she was mumbling something beyond his understanding, he was too curiously drawn to watching the numb expression of the man in front of him. Gazing down on the smaller man he was not sure what to think of him appearance besides that he looked confused. He pulled enough will to his brain to simply rise up his arm slowly waving at the man slowly, waiting for him to react.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 28th, 2010, 12:23 pm

Rigil’s reaction was definitely not swift. It was slow and clumsy. While the young woman had clasped his cloak, he attempted to tug it back, only to have the woman pulled towards him. She had nearly collided into him, but he took a step to the side.

The sudden predicament he found himself in lengthened and a growing crowd seemed to be a testament to the time which had transpired between his outside walk and the sudden intrusion of this stranger. He grimaced and narrowed his eyes at her. Just as he was about to speak, the chink of steel hitting against cobbled bricks echoed, piercing through the background noise that seemed to be produced of its own accord.

His brown eyes flicked towards the ground, taking in the shape of two golden mizas. Parting his lips, he looked astounded and then he turned to realise the woman had let go of him. Standing there hopelessly, he watched her pick up the coins and praise Orion for his generosity. Then he she ran away, heading towards the alleyway nearby.

A gradual intake of breath left him slightly breathless. It was a moment later that Rigil realised he had been holding his breath in. Exhaling slowly, he then closed his eyes and sighed in relief. Why did he feel so lost in that situation? Turning to regard the figure before him, the crowd murmured their conversations to one another, but dissipated all the same. Their own prerogatives were far more of a priority than simple scenes being extended out in the streets of Syliras.

“That was a lot of money,” Rigil spoke to Orion, nodding his head to him curtly. He then flicked his cloak, striking his palm against the woollen fabric to pound away the dust. “But thank you. It would seem you are far more a worthy character than I when it comes to those who are homeless.”

Looking towards where the young woman had run to, he sighed, rubbing his forehead. Then he smiled thinly.

“Would that there were no such people at all, that we all are able to obtain the basic necessities of life,” he spoke eloquently, even if it seemed rather awkward coming from a young older youth like himself. “But that is not to be. Thank you again, Sir.”

He dipped his head to Orion respectfully and then was about to turn away, not knowing what else to grant the man for his boon towards the beggar.
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Character sheet

Postby Orion on May 28th, 2010, 12:49 pm

Looking at the back of the woman that was moving away he sighsed slowly while his eyes got the saddest shade of blue he had senced from coming to this town. Yes, the homeless, the ones in need of a place to call their own, he could always relate to people like that. His eyes shifted back to the regular blue as they were now gliding slowly back to the stranger in front of him.

Narrowing his gaze slightly, as he never spent much time looking at anything but stars in these dark times, he looked curiuos at the man while opening his mouth slightly to speak in a whispery tone: "That was a lot for them, that was a lot for you, it was a lot to all those behind me, but in the face of eternity it all looks useless and bound to be given to someone or taken by another. I am no better man than you are, but you could say there is something in the eyes of those lost, of those without a home, in the eyes of people like them. In one way or the other, we are all homeless at some point" his eyes shifted many depressing shades as he weaved out his tongue making the sentances that were now echoing in that small gust of air around him.

Looking up to the stars he sighsing as his mind crossed the thought that he might have said too much. Loving his privacy, he did not want anyone to know too much about him.

As he heard words of graditude from the stranger, he was not sure what were they for, but he was happy to hear something besides the mumbling of the crowd near and far. He wanted to make this one eternal as well, his words made him curious enough to be remembered, and as the man was about to leave, Orion used that moment to brake the silence slowly: "What is your name if you do not mind me asking?"
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 28th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Balling his hands into fists, Rigil’s fingernails dug into the flesh of his palm as he was about to take his leave from the area. What had just transpired seemed to place Rigil on the edge while he tapered beyond the ledge, seemingly to fall and be embraced by the fluctuated energy that he had come from. For a lingering moment, he wondered if it was worth it.

Just as he pondered over this idea, he noticed Orion narrow his eyes and he paused, sensing the short man wished to speak. And so when he did, Rigil listened intently, not moving. That stoic appearance managed to wash along the expressions of his facial features. At times, he even nodded his head at the appropriate moments.

“I know how it feels to be homeless, Sir,” he spoke slowly, as though he weighed the words for their own value before he parted them from his lips, granting his words immortality through the currency of witnesses and memories of his own. “It’s just...helping others isn’t always the best way to deal with those who are lost. Sometimes the very maze we find ourselves in forces us to utilise what skills we have. And when we finally overcome our obstacle, our victory is all the more sweeter, all the more assured and of qualified desire. And yet...most tend to never find themselves.”

He chuckled aloud, shaking his head as his cropped hair seemed to shuffle through the drifting breeze that permeated along the streets, brushing along his blue cloak and flicking it around. When Rigil was about to turn away for the second time, he was stopped again by Orion’s question.

Pausing for a moment, a wave of indecision plagued him. What was in a name? Everything, he realised. It provided him with the sanctity of possession and identity. So what would he have to fear by granting his name to a benevolent stranger?

Turning to face Orion again, he studied the man. This time, he focussed on him, as though he was a tome which he found mildly interesting to read. Then he nodded his head gently.

“Of course,” he spoke with a clipped accent. “Rigil. Rigil Kentaurus. You....you’re a Vanthan. A long way from the cold lands of the north indeed. I see now why you would understand the plight of the homeless here. Unless you’re here on business?”

He tilted his head, looking at Orion expectantly.
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Character sheet

Postby Orion on May 28th, 2010, 2:01 pm

While litsening to the man in front of him speak, Orion found himself more than once and so he litsened that sounded so surreal and outworldly...he did not know why, it just was the way it was. He sensed light wind swirl around the street while playing with both him and everything around him, it was so tempting to just think of letting go and flying away into the endless heaven of the sparkling stars.

His wild imagination interupted by his need to hear the rest of the things Rigil had to say was now raging out of control, producing all kinds of pleasant images in his mind. His eyes closed breifly as he could see himself fly to the stars and back many times over and over again. Opening his eyes did nothing but put the frail and boring veil of reality over his eyes.

"When one has as much time as me, he tends to make them use every single day of their short lives to their adventage i do not care how do they do it, i just like seing them happy, even if it is brief. I agree with most of the things you said, but there are some i will never be able to understand no matter how many lives i have in this miserable existance. It was the shameless courage that brings people like her here every day and every night while they get treated like dogs, it is that very carelessness that i love about them. Therefore, yes, in my eyes they deserve everything that is in my power to give, simply for being what and who they are" his gaze fluttered away at the stars as he got all nostalgic, but he rubbed his eyes soon enough not to shed a tear. He was never good with controling emotions in this form.

"Rigil.....Rigil Kentaurus..i shall remember that, now that i have made your name rest eternal in my mind, i must beg my leave Rigil, for there are pressing matters i wish to attend to, you could call it business, i like to call it hoobies. May Syna shine down upon you and Leth guide your every step through this nothingness".

Damn, he said too much again, but anyway, only a ture kinsmen would understand the very words that were flowing out of him a moment ago. Bowing his head down in shame he got his hood fixed a bit more as he looked down the street and started making slow steps towards the evolving dark. He stopped after a few steps turning around and saying: "I call myself Orion, my real name being long lost but not yet forgotten, goodbye now my friend" he was never sure why did he have a pressing need to get every single name he could or why would he give his humble excuse of a name a line every time he would.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 29th, 2010, 2:30 am

A lingering moment seemed to pause around them as he stared at Orion carefully. His brown eyes were perpetually narrowed, the sign of concentration seeming to be written across his facial features. His eyebrows drooped down into a frown that provided more evidence of the effort he put into maintaining the stoic mask he wore.

Rigil grit his teeth, his lips tightened as a thin sliver of red seemed to feature beneath his nose and above his chin. He flexed his fingers, studying the man. Something did not seem right at all, he realised. There was some vague energy he sened from the figure before him. Was it...

The Ukalas.

Blinking, he listened to Orion and his lips finally parted as realisation dawned on him. His brown eyes went round in surprise. He had never met with another Ethaefal before. To be sure, he was still not sure of the integrity of Orion’s words. Any scholar could say it, but the ambience he sened around him, supplemented by the man’s words brought him to that direct conclusion. Clearing his throat, he took a step forward.

“Wait!” he cried out aloud, the volume of his voice certain peaked, though he had no intention to shout aloud. Some people had paused, though when they saw Rigil, they simply frowned at him and walked away.

Rigil approached Orion and raised his hand, placing one hand upon his shoulder.

“You are a Fallen One,” he said slowly, his eyes taking in Orion’s eyes as well. “I know you are. Your words are heavy with the prose of an Ethaefal and I...I send the Ukalas and it seems to permeate around you as much as it does me. I do understand what you are saying, Orion, but it is not my hand that can grant others the need for shelter and provisions. How can I, when I am unable to even take care of myself? I will not take responsibility over someone only to find out later I cannot deliver action to my words. Does that comfort you?”
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Character sheet

Postby Orion on May 29th, 2010, 11:18 am

He wandered off a bit more into the crowd, and just as he was about to feel more comfortable about the man not noticing anything, he got shouted at. A cry out behind him gave him a notice it was too late to go away, too much has been said and done already. His expression frozen, he turned around slowly as he knew it was directed at him, no matter how many faces around him turned to the same noise. It was his fate to tell the truth, or so it would seem, after all beneath the silver gaze of Leth, there was no place for lies.

He faced Rigil as he litsened to him speak, predicting what will happen, but some things could never be predicted. Sensing Rigil`s hand on his shoulder he was still not sure what is happening, but he played along with it, not reacting. His words made Orion realise that he too was one of the Ethaefal, but what could he possibly say to make him understand, after all their kind was always the stubborn one.

He opened his mout only slightly as he whispered slowly: "Fallen or not, it all has no meaning anymore, for eventually we shall all crash to this lesser existance. Kin or not, it is all more or less lost as Ukalas fell apart slowly, silently and painfully. I want to believe, that all of us fell down here for a reason, cause Lhex has a divine plan for all of us, so i try to make the most out of my stay among the mortals. We have all the time of this world to figure out how to help them and how that helps us in the process. We all know what we can and what we can`t do, we all know what are we meant to do, somewhere deep down each of us has a mission no matter how much we deny it. It is only natural to feel fear of the unknown friend, but in many mortal lifetimes i have threaded this land and saw it bloom again from the brink of destruction, that sight relinquished my very sense of fear. You must have fallen not so long ago, you seem lost, if you need help, ill be happy to share stuff with you. Oh, and, no it does not comfort me to see another one of us that feels as lost as all these mortals around us" Orion spoke a long silent speech, not giving any attention to the few passing by men that shook their hands in wonder.

As he settled down his tongue he was now lookin back at one of his own, for as lost as he may be, he still had all the time he wanted to make a real divine figure out of himself.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 29th, 2010, 12:17 pm

Rigil listened intently while Orion spoke, his eyes narrowed as he attempted to keep up in pace with the speech that seemed to part from his counterpart’s lips. Shaking his head, he then let his arms fall to his side.

“We will all crash to this lesser existence?” he asked sceptically, arching an eyebrow. “No...I don’t agree with that sentiment, Orion. You mentioned Lhex? He has no clue himself what he’s doing to others. We’re lost in exile, in this world.”

Shaking his head, the scribe seemed to be faint angered by his words and he pursed his lips together, attempting to calm himself and maintain his composure. He rolled his shoulders and then adjusted the length of his blue cloak, trailing his fingers through his collar and widening it slightly.

“I’m not afraid of the unknown,” he said tersely, his brown eyes flashing for a moment. “And I may have fallen recently, but I still know much about the nature of this world. Don’t be so presumptuous, friend. There are those who learn fast. Already I have travelled the northern lands and earned my way as a scribe.”

He cleared his throat. He had not intended for his words to seem as sharp as an icicle’s point, yet the way he spoke certainly manifested itself with its own volume of intensity and course of anger. Sighing aloud, he raised his hand, as though in a gesture to wait for a moment.

“I’m sorry, the few seasons that have passed make it difficult for me to control my emotions, let alone my thoughts. It is difficult to be able to grasp the understanding of the Ukalas and this corporeal manifestation of life. And memories. So many dim memories. It pains me.”
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Character sheet

Postby Orion on May 29th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Orion smiled as the stubborn kin made all kinds of comments about his previous statements, still looking way too absent to care himself enough to explain what he meant, yea it was always a challenge to talk to one of them, even while they were up there. His gaze wandered off into the stars as he than looked back down upon the shorter man and his wild smirk, he was not sure what to think or do. But, oh well, it`s not like it can change ones oppinion on life, death, fate, or any of the everyday questions in the life of an immortal.

"Our choice or not, we crash, our choice or not, we die, our choice or not, we have to withness many die before their time. Lhex? He may have no clue what is he doing, but for once i try to believe in something bigger than you and me, something bigger that makes this all happen for a reason" his lips sealed as he was still thinking about what further things could he say to the one in front of him.

Even without looking at him, he could sense how nervous Rigil was by the sheer tone of his voice wich was varying from time to time, from harsh to silent. He kept looking only to see even more iregularities in his personality, yes, mood swings, the curse of the recently fallen.

"If you fell recently, you are lying, i was one of those that fell long ago, and have seen many of our very own go either berserk or insane from the mere captivity of this form" he paused briefly as he kept looking at his weak mortal hands.
His tone got a bit agitated as he exploded at the man while still keeping silent: "Look, we may be of the same race, but do not take my patience for granted, it is not even nearly as good as in my true shape. You are not the only one that learns quickly, i fell along with 3 others, all of them fell apart over time, i was the only one to remain, for love changes us all, even if we ourselves do not realise it" his blazing red eyes were pointed at the one in question as he shifted them back to blue slowly. It was the first time he lost control in ages, so a slight feeling of shame pressed down on him.

"Like you have just seen, even i who have seen so much, and lived among them so long can not keep my peace sometimes, it is only natural when one losess things like we did. I am sorry too i had no right to burst out at you, and you have no need to apologize to me, for you are way better suited to living than i was in the early ages of my fall. his eyes turned to lifeless grey as he understood he needed to say one more thing.

"We are not to understand, we are to trust, for every of those past truths is someone`s memory, someone`s friend, someone`s lover, someone`s....." he made a long pause as he did not want this argument to drag on too long, he sighsed looking back at Rigil while quickly making his eyes blue again, in a desperate atempt to cover up his lifeless grey eyes.
Last edited by Orion on October 12th, 2010, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next