Completed Seduction 102

Training thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Seduction 102

Postby Jynx on October 2nd, 2012, 3:12 am

The 24th of Fall 508
Northern Reaches

OOC :
Training Seduction

“Body language is subtle and powerful,” Zoe said. “Everyone uses it but few control it. The seducer learns to control the language of his body so that it sends exactly the messages he wants to send.” She tilted her head to one side. “A tilt of the head, for example, invites engagement. It says, 'Wouldn't you like to contribute something to this conversation?' If you tilt you head to one side and simply wait, you will most likely force the other person to respond.

“The head can also be tilted up. Think if it as pointing the chin upward.” She demonstrated. “Tell me what you think I am communicating?”

Jynx thought for a moment and said, “I do not know.”

“Well, tell me how it makes you feel.”

“It makes me feel like you think you are superior to me, as though I were somehow beneath your station.”

“It's a powerful message, isn't it?” she said, nodding her head ever so slightly.

“Yes,” he replied.

“Did you notice that by nodding my head I made you say 'Yes'?”

“No. I agreed with you before you nodded your head.”

“I did not say I made you to agree with me. I said I made you verbalize it. Nodding my head elicited in you the urge to say 'Yes'. Had I subtly shaken my head 'No', and had you in fact not agreed with me, then you would have said 'No'. But, if you agreed with me and I shook my head 'No', you would probably have said nothing. Similarly, if you has disagreed with me and I nodded my head 'Yes', you would probably have said nothing as well. I say 'probably' because it is not a certain thing. But it proves itself out often enough to be worth adding to your arsenal of seductive weapons.”

Jynx thought about this for a while, trying to work it out. “That's kind of subtle,” he said.

“Yes, it is.”

“Tell me what I am communicating now.” She tilted her chin down so that she had to turn her eyes upward to maintain eye contact with him.

“I think you are communicating a certain surrender or subservience.”

“That's right,” she said. “Now, suppose from a chin-down position I tilt my head a little to one side.” She demonstrated, still maintaining eye contact.

“It's some kind of invitation,” he said.

“Indeed it is,” she said. “It is a come-hither movement. It says, 'Come with me and I will show you something wonderful.'”

Last edited by Jynx on October 3rd, 2012, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Anselm
Jynx
Don't make me hurt you.

Words: 54672
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2012, 7:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seduction 102

Postby Jynx on October 2nd, 2012, 3:14 am

“Your arms broadcast a louder message,” she said. “Cross them across your chest and you signal that you are not open for business. Let them hang to your sides and you signal openness.” She got up and walked over to the love seat. He was sitting on the right end of it. She took his left arm and draped it out over the back of the love seat. “This is an invitation to come sit with you.” She took his wrist and brought his hand up to his chin, leaving his upper arm lying on the back of the love seat. “This shows off your biceps,” she said. “You have nice biceps. You should show them off. It makes a woman want to come over and put her hands on them.”

Jynx laughed. “You make it sound like all women are sex-starved animals in heat just looking for a man to jump on.”

She laughed with him. “No, they aren't. Not most of them anyway. But the urges are there, just beneath the surface. For both men and women. We are fundamentally sexual beings. When I say that a woman will want to come over and put her hands on your biceps, I don't mean that it is a conscious thing. It is an unconscious thing, lying beneath the surface, carefully controlled by the conventions of society. This is why seduction is not a single thing, like a glance or a gesture. It is a whole set of things all orchestrated by you, the seducer, to gradually overcome her inhibitions and make her susceptible to seduction. In the end, she won't be seduced unless she wants to be. But you can do a lot to make her want to be.

“Feet are pretty straightforward,” she continued. “Basically you want to find a way to show bare feet. Removing shoes in the presence of the opposite gender is a sexually charged act. It says you're ready for action. It's not a big thing, but it does add one more layer of seduction.

“Using scents is also obvious. The trick is to establish a scent in the woman's mind that she will always associate with you. A light perfume works. As does incense. Musky, gritty, earthy scents are especially potent for attracting a woman.”

Zoe brought out some wine and cheese which they shared while she continued.

“There are other non-verbal seduction techniques. For example, asking the barmaid to deliver a drink to a woman at another table. It sends a strong message that you are interested in her. Whether she immediately responds or not, she will be flattered and will feel just a little bit seduced. The point is to keep adding layers of seduction until she eventually breaks down and approaches you.”

“Approaches me?” Jynx asked.

“Yes. Your goal is to make her want to get closer to you, to establish contact, to get more from you. You never approach her directly. You approach her indirectly by seducing her at a distance. That way when she does come to you it will be because she chose to.”

AKA Anselm
Jynx
Don't make me hurt you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seduction 102

Postby Jynx on October 2nd, 2012, 3:15 am

The pub was busy. Two barmaids were in constant motion weaving their way around the tables trying to keep up with the orders, sometimes fending off half-hearted gropes. In one corner was a knot of people crowded around a dice game. Cheers and groans alternated as people won and lost money. Jynx sat by himself at a table for two with a glass of wine in front of him, which he had not touched. He had identified three potential targets for seduction, each providing a unique set of challenges.

The tall red-head was young, probably in her late teens, as were her two female companions. They had been drinking for a while and were getting tipsy, their laughter a little too loud, their gestures exaggerated. The Konti was by herself. There was no telling how old she was since most Konti managed to look like they were in their teens. She had finished off some bread and cheese and was now sipping at a glass of red wine. Her attention was mostly on a book she had open on the table in front of her. Jynx didn't know how to read, but he knew that books contained knowledge, some of it quite useful. He wondered what she was reading. A Vantha woman rounded out his trio of possibilities. She was sharing a meal with a male companion. They appeared to be in their mid-twenties. He watched them for a while but could not decide what their relationship was. They were casual and comfortable with each other but he saw no indications of romantic interest.

He settled on the Konti first. The question was how to get her to notice him. He was more or less in her line of sight if she were to look up. But she seemed immersed in her book. He waited until she turned a page. As she did he ran his fingers through his long blond hair and then shook his head tossing his unkempt hair around. She caught the movement out of the corner of her eye and glanced his way. His chin was resting on his hand with the thumb under the chin and the forefinger laying over his mouth. Her eyes momentarily locked on to his. Then she looked back at her book.

He waited. Pretty soon her eyes flicked toward him for an instant and then back to her book. She now knew he was staring at her. She rubbed her ear lobe and then absent-mindedly twirled a lock of her white hair with one finger. She kept her eyes on her book but Jynx was pretty sure she wasn't reading it now. She shifted her weight a bit. As she did, she stole another quick glance at the golden-eyed man with the wild hair. He produced a hint of a smile. She blushed and looked back down at her book. When she next glanced his way he was looking at something else. His hands were folded together propping up his chin. He was wearing a short-sleeved shirt and this pose put the muscles of his arms on display. Out of the corner of his eye he saw that she continued to stare at him now that he was not looking at her. He dropped one hand to his neck and then let it slowly slide down across his chest and abdomen until it disappeared from her view beneath the table top. He let his eyes come back to hers, which had followed his hand. When her eyes snapped back to his, he tilted his head a little to one side and smiled. She blushed and looked away.

She glanced his way a few more times before she closed her book, got up from her table and walked toward him. There was a hint of a smile on her lips as she passed his table without looking at him and walked out the door into the night. He considered following her but decided against it. If she had wanted him to follow her she would have been more direct about it.

AKA Anselm
Jynx
Don't make me hurt you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seduction 102

Postby Jynx on October 2nd, 2012, 3:16 am

He set his gaze on the red-head. Her hair was short, as though someone had put a bowl on her head and cut away everything hanging out. It covered the tops of her ears and fringed her forehead with bangs. He continued staring at her until she happened to glance his way. When her eyes locked on his for a moment he raised one eyebrow and gave her a hint of a smile. She turned away and whispered something to her friends. They both turned and looked at him, but by that time he was staring off in another direction. They turned back to her and another round of furious whispering took place. When the red-head looked his way again, she found herself gazing into his golden eyes. This time she didn't look away. A puzzled expression formed on her face, and then a frown and finally a small smile before she turned back to her friends. When she next looked at him he had clasped his hands behind his head and was leaning back on his chair, showing off his triceps and biceps. His eyes again locked on hers. Hers widened a bit and he was pretty sure she blushed. But she didn't turn away. He let his eyes casually explore her body: her face, her neck, her arms, her breasts mostly hidden beneath a flower-print blouse. Then back to her eyes. She was definitely blushing now. And her friends were staring at Jynx as well. He gave them a broad smile with lips slightly parted. All three heads turned back to the table and another round of whispering took place.

A few minutes later they got up and headed for the door. As they walked past his table the red-head stopped and looked at him. He looked back into emerald eyes.

“Do I know you?” she asked.

“No,” he said. “But you'd like to, wouldn't you.” He nodded his head slightly as he spoke. Her eyes widened. Jynx decided he liked that in her.

She responded in a small, little girl voice. “Well, uh, I don't know if I would or not.”

One of her friends took hold of her arm and tucked it under her own. As she led her away she looked back at Jynx and said, “Nice try, lover-boy.”

Jynx couldn't help but laugh. “Enjoy your evening, ladies.”

AKA Anselm
Jynx
Don't make me hurt you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seduction 102

Postby Jynx on October 2nd, 2012, 3:17 am

Jynx was pleased with himself. He had successfully seduced two women from across the room and gotten them both to approach him. True, they walked right on past him and out the door. But they approached nonetheless. There was one more challenge.

The Vantha woman and her companion were at a table to Jynx's left. He turned his chair so that he was facing them. They had finished their meal and were enjoying a glass of wine together. He said something and she laughed. It was a light, lilting laugh. She took a sip of her wine and glanced his way over the top of the glass. He was, of course, gazing intently into her violet eyes, which turned pink and then green and then she was looking at her companion again. When she next looked his way he had placed his left foot on his right knee. Her eyes went immediately to his crotch. She blushed and looked back at her companion. Her companion turned around in his chair to see what had caught her attention. His smile vanished when he saw Jynx. The woman grabbed at his arm as he stood, pushing his chair over backward with a loud clatter that turned heads. He shook her off and glared at Jynx. He was bigger than Jynx had thought. A long, sheathed dagger hung from his belt. Jynx put both feet on the floor and held out his hands in a gesture of surrender. Then he turned his chair back to his table and directed his attention to his glass of wine. The couple quickly left the pub.

The room was quiet. Then, as though someone had thrown a switch, the conversations started up again and it was as though nothing had happened. Jynx got up from his table and made his way to the door. The moon hung nearly full in the eastern sky, an orange cast to it. Jynx walked home thinking to himself, “Two for three. Not bad for a beginner.”

AKA Anselm
Jynx
Don't make me hurt you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seduction 102

Postby Valkyrie on October 2nd, 2012, 4:01 pm

Jynx :
Experience
3 Observation
5 Seduction

Lore
Body Language Sends Powerful Messages
Recognizing the Message in Body Language
Tips in Seduction

Other
N/A

Notes: It almost ended badly for Jynx this time! Maybe he should learn his lesson about seducing ladies just for practice. ;) He seems to have excellent self-control though, if that were a skill he would be an expert by now. I hope Hannah appreciates his skills.

You Will Be Collected if Worthy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)