[Jilitse's Scrapbook] Ichor for sale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Kamalia Timandre on April 6th, 2010, 12:40 pm

Hello Jil! :)
I just want to tell you that I admire your character. It might be because I am biased towards your character being a wizard and a female, but I honestly think you're doing well as a nuit and as an animator. I'm rooting for your character against Sagallius!

Note: the song in that video somehow reminds me of her!
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Malia on April 6th, 2010, 1:45 pm

Indeed, our relationship is quite the challenge and very entertaining! I hope we can get training from Mashaen and be all undead and golem-obsessed together. ^^

Apart from that, if Malia didn't regard Sagallius as a potential powerful ally, I would totally root for you too, but considering the circumstances ... Our PCs might even become enemies, haha! I'm still thinking about it though.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Jilitse on April 6th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Kams
Thanks Kams! You should know just as well that I love your PC, too! (I follow her threads)

Malia
What?! Nooo. Nah, Jilitse would be totally unfeeling for you in case. It would be a challenge to have a future enemy! Only I think it would be nifty to be allies, too. If you go after Priskil's gnosis you can shine.

If we both go help Priskil against Sagallius we'd be shiny nuits!
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Malia on April 7th, 2010, 5:58 pm

I don't want to be shiny. The glow would blind my sensitive Nuit eyes. ;)

I'm more the weird intelligence and power type ... so Malia would be the perfect fit for Sagallius. I can even see her trying to cheat him, haha!

Anyway, it's good to have such a creative and inspiring writing buddy.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Jilitse on April 27th, 2010, 5:37 pm

First and foremost a witch animator - quoting from my thread with Ialari. I'm currently sneaking in time for Mizahar for a few days now, it's been too busy out here in the farmlands, but hurrah there is internet in the middle of nowhere (like in Courage the Cowardly Dog).

So before I forget, these were my plans:
  • Learn about animating stones (must be made to appear hard, as the law of being a noob intended)
  • Finish threads with Malia and Ialari (Jilitse's becoming an outward nuit, now. Hmmm)
  • Decide on which watchtower to pick (Urk. Maybe after the practicum - that's a month from now. Urk urk.)
  • Visit Mura, Bronze Tower, Syliras Tower.
  • Wait for Lisnar to be developed. Dig up Lisnar and find Treval.
  • Find more about Supervisors. Find Supervisors Albrech and Baird.
  • Animate animate animate!
  • Push gadgeteering to competent by the end of Summer AV (long term goals are long)
  • Finish/Start the flora article plans.

Okay I've stolen an hour and a half of sleep just by reading around Mizahar and posting. So until next time, scrapbook, may you be filled with a lot more scraps.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on May 16th, 2010, 12:16 am

I'm into the final week of my practicum. After this hellish-heavenly stay in the rural farm lands I'm left with a week to cope up with pending posts.

Just dropping by.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on July 11th, 2010, 1:03 pm

This place needs a little bit dusting off. I'm wrapping up whatever threads I've left in Sahova, I should finish them before the season ends. I'm now trying to crack my way into Syliras, and am planning to work as an undertaker there. My previous plans haven't changed, but there's a lot more stuff in between that's been added to it.

• I'll be joining Jaq's pilgrimage to Priskil's pond, but I'm heading off to a watchtower as soon as I can in order to bite off the time.
  • I'm waiting for a reply from Ialari, as we might have our own adventure outside Sahova together.

The flora and article plans have been set-aside for now, as I have bigger duties to accomplish.

Anyway, I hope my plans to also make a thread with Alistair de Grey and Satu in the future are also accomplished within the season. Who knows?
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Malia on July 11th, 2010, 1:36 pm

When do you plan to leave for Syliras? I will travel back there at the beginning of this season, so maybe we can just assume they traveled together and do some stuff together in Syliras. I'd like to earn some money before leaving for Karjin.

Besides, glad to see you back in action and updating your scrapbook!
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Jilitse on July 16th, 2010, 4:56 am

Wow. What happened? Did I suddenly enter a slow mo universe where everybody works in a slow pace? Mizahar, to my Jilitse, has really been so... stagnant lately. Haven't heard from Tarot, Dusk is too busy to start a thread with me at the moment, my thread with Malia and Ialari are both dragging (not that it wasn't slow before, but with everything slowing down I feel trapped in Tanroa's embrace, curses!), Jaq will take a while before he arrives at Syliras for the Pond pilgrimage, my new Eypharian PC turned into a frozen delight because my questions haven't been answered by Colombina yet.

I'm not really complaining, it's just that, well... I'm weirded out by the slow pace. I can write... but I don't really want to start an alone thread again. I'm as cautious as my Jil when it comes to Syliras... would they be friendly to a nuit like me? Baaaw. So I'm stuck in between here and there.

Maybe I've been too confined in a closed space, I mean, my PC have only done threads with people she's comfortable with. Cosette knew Malia (but Cosette left already), Tarot knew Ialari... and though I'm hard-pressed to admit it, I'm too shy to ask for threads with other people. As shy as a nuit would be towards pulsers.

I've taken my PC's mindset to heart. Now outside Sahova, what would an Animator like her do in Syliras? She should feel indifferent, of course. Everybody is alive and everyone is trying to make a living. *sigh* My PC is confused and lost. Where to go, hmm, what to do? Eyktol is out of the question, of course. Too far, and I'm not sure about those Benshirans at the moment. There are parts of my quest that should only be done much much later.

I'm having a hard time picturing Jil's motives at the moment. Sure she's found her purpose, one that Mashaen sent her to. Quoting Miley Cyrus, it's supposed to be the climb. Cheesy, I know. But how does one go about to challenge a God? While other PCs would think about the grand scheme of things, my PC is governed by her heart (spirit if you want to be technical about nuits not having a heart) - she wants to free Mashaen. The dazzle and danger of being Priskil's friend and Sagallius enemy takes the side story. Killing Drainira is an epic tale, one that she could not go about on her own, and not at her current weak state right now... but it centers on her life, her calling - an Animator killing the Supervisor she holds in the highest regard.

In between, there's the question of right and wrong. Can a creature of darkness, a tool of evil, do something good? The thing is, Jilitse doesn't have a good grasp of her morals (or maybe that's just weak character building on my part). She thinks Sagallius needs to be stopped because she realized that his greatest mischief, toying with Drainira, was wrong. It was wrong because it encroached on Mashaen's ability and authority as the Archmage. That sounded like soup, but the gist of it is that she wants to protect Mashaen, out of love and loyalty. Yes, even nuits know the concept of love and loyalty.

She questions her existence. You know, that's the start of a good challenge to a personal conflict. The propensity of a person to doubt, to think, to reason out. Jilitse joined Project Sahova because 1) Mashaen would be there, 2) She's an Alahean patriot. Her father died creating golems for the war against Suvan. Now she's catapulted into modern day Mizahar, losing both reasons for her former existence. Now, she decided to be Mashaen's hero. But is she only saving Mashaen? Or is she doing this on her own free will, having recognized that she could be much much more? Another important part of her is that she is not overly ambitious. Sure defeating Sagallius is an ambition. But the motives are so personal and simple and cheesy. Who is she? Jilitse is just another fool who wants to go out and save Mashaen and the rest of Sahova and redeem herself. She had realized that Alahea is not the Alahea she knew before. It's a new world, even if the characters are the same.

Wow. This felt really good, getting these things off my chest. At least I can look back here later on and read again where my lovely nuit came from.

I love you Jil.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on July 22nd, 2010, 2:59 pm

It's raining where I am. <- Random

To prove that I get things done when I want to get things done, I bring to you a weave of threads that I came up with the past few days:

16 I need some time alone (Closed) tbc in a thread with Stitch
19 What brings us together (Alistair)
27 Temple of all Gods - Midnight Meanderings (Rhuryc, Open)
34 The Stone Gardens - Not Another Dead Conversation (John Vicari, Open)

I'm looking at the prospect of creating threads with other people, maybe with Jaeden at the Soothing Waters, or Kamalia (we have yet to defeat Sagallius). Hopefully Dusk comes back soon so I can get my cold ass working for some Mizas. Yey.

Syliras has a nuit!
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

PreviousNext