Mizahar VS Zaiden (Kale & Nyahna Sasin)

A mercenary contract involving a desperate summoner and otherworldly creatures. How difficult can it be?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Postby Eridanus on August 20th, 2012, 5:59 am

Blood from the giant spurted out and stained the mercenary's face, and he looked wildly up, only to find Hammer screaming in pain as several flaming arrows suddenly sprouted from his chest.

"Sasin?" He questioned as he attempted to search for the source of the arrows, but instead found himself looking at several costumed archers with the elaborate sign of the Silencers on their uniform. Their bows were large, and intricate glyphs spanned the wooden weapon. It did not even required him to use Auristics to feel that the bows radiated with power.

Goddamn, the Silencers are here.

The remaining Diverse roared and rushed towards the archers, using his Flamberge to cut away at some of the arrows targeted at him, while dodging and using the flora as a shield for the rest. He reached the archers in no time, and before they could retreat, his huge blade slammed into one of them, cutting cleanly through the man's midsection, as well as breaking his bow into two pieces.

The archers scrambled as they retreated, and Eridanus took the time to ran towards their position.

The Diverse jumped towards the retreating Silencers in a terrifying leap, his huge blade in an executioner's arc, and it would have taken down yet another archer if not for the vantha's timely arrival.

Steel clashed against steel as Eridanus leveraged the mass of his two blades to block the barbarian's flamberge, though he could feel his knees going weak from the impact. It took all his strength to not simply collapse onto the ground.

Parries, attacks and strikes were exchanged as the brute skillfully utilized his two-handed weapon, while Eridanus kept the offensive with chained combos from his blades in an alternative-attacking fashion.

The archers repositioned themselves, and when he saw them nock the arrows from the corner of his eyes, he leaped backwards, tossing his steel blade at the brute as he did so.

The Diverse swung the flamberge in a powerful arc, slamming the steel sword to the ground like a toy, but that made him waste an 'action' in that instant of time. The flaming arrows streaked through the air, and slammed into him, stumbling him as the brute grasped the trunk of a nearby tree with his large hands.

More arrows were unleashed, and the volley of projectiles soon downed him.

The current threat might have been vanquished, but Eridanus was not so sure of his current status as he turned a weary eye on another squad of Silencers that was now approaching him.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Eridanus on August 20th, 2012, 6:06 am

"I am Eridanus, loyal citizen of Alvadas and-" The vantha began, in an attempt to not get instantly skewered by Alvadas' secret police.

An unarmed silencer that wore a slightly difference but more elaborate dress than the rest of the squad took a single step forward, raising a palm to indicate silence.

"We know who are you, Eridanus, Son of Leth. We are also quite aware of the contract that took place. While our aims may differ, the result is ultimately the same, and we acknowledge your efforts. For that we will not prosecute you based on your duty to the people."

Reaching a hand into his robes, he tossed out three leather pouches, expecting the vantha to catch them.

"We are a fair people, and will not curb capitalism. We have dealt with the errant summoner and confiscated his assets accordingly, but we are aware that he has promised you and your comrades a reward for getting the job done."

Taking out a familiar looking contract that still had fresh blood - ostensibly the summoner's - the Silencer began reading in a monotone voice.

"50 gold-rimmed Mizas per mercenary as a fixed cost, with 5 gold-rimmed mizas per Diverse slain effectively as a variable cost, to be shared among the contractor. That means 290 gold-rimmed mizas to be shared among your two other comrades - who we see are not here. Regardless, that is not our problem; we have fulfilled our code of conduct with this gesture."

Before leaving he reminded the vantha in a deadly whisper, "Remember, it does not pay to work against our fair city. Keep that in mind, and let that always hang over your head."
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on August 20th, 2012, 6:14 am

Breathing out a sigh of relief when the Silencers finally left, he looked at the blood-stained ground to realize that there was much to do. He could not simply allow these bodies to languish here randomly, possibly causing diseases to spread.

Remembering the clean-up work that he did with Antar and Zenai back at Sunberth, he sighed again in exhaustion as he sheathed his blades, plucking up the dagger from the brute's forearm and cleaning it as he returned it to its sheath from within his robes. Closing his eyes for a moment, he brought his breathing back to normal and clarified his flux strands to their default positions to prevent causing unnecessary strain.

Next, he scoured the forest, picking up the crossbow bolts and arrows that he and Sasin had been firing earlier, intending to fix them later on when he had the time. He finally found the wagon with the dead driver, and strangely calm horse. Trying his best to seem non-threatening, he invited the horse to move as he brought it along to the bodies.

It was mind-numbing work as he gathered all the bodies in a central position. Stripping all the bodies of their various pieces of armor and weapons, he placed the entire heap inside the wagon, for now he would be the driver and had no need for the space within.

As a souvenir, he did something pretty gruesome that he might not want to admit to others. Using his assassin's dagger for the last time that day, he chopped off a bone from the ribcage of each of the three hulking Diverse who remained, and scraped off the flesh and blood from it until the bones were clean and white. He did the same for a few random pieces of bones from other Diverse, possible to use a souvenir pieces that he could sell, or perhaps even to Karash if he tried negotiating hard enough.

Gathering the bodies, he included that of the dead boy and he did a final search for anything of value for all the bodies before bringing the wagon a distance away from the gruesome heap.

Going about and placing the various branches and fallen trunks on the bodies, he breathed deeply as he summoned as much res as he could muster, letting the substance float above the wood and bodies.

Staring intently at it, he allowed the frustration and anger at the situation to finally blossom forth, the res exploding in a destruction of flames. The wood caught on as well as the bodies, and the nauseating smell of burnt flesh wafted over to the vantha. He had made sure to manually dig a small trench around the pile of bodies as well as to clear the surroundings of any trees, so that should logically prevent a forest fire from breaking out.

Not that one would matter anyway.
Last edited by Eridanus on September 30th, 2012, 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on August 20th, 2012, 6:20 am

It had been a tiring day lugging all the bodies and equipment to and fro, not to mention the combat itself, and it took the rest of his mental concentration to not fall asleep as he wrestled with the horse, trying to bring it back to the city of alvadas.

He was no driver nor navigator, and he got lost several times, with the horse not listening to him on other times. It took all his self-control to not scream in desperation and frustration, but after many excruciating bells he was finally back in the city.

The first stop was the local blacksmith's and he dropped off all the looted equipment at there for a tidy sum. There was, of course, an issue of where he got the weapons from, but after spending yet another quarter of a day there to polish and clean up all the weapons and armors for them they finally accepted the purchase after quite a while of negotiation.

Next, he dropped by the Bizarre for a Fletcher's Toolkit and to get rid of any other trinkets or accessories that he found off the Diverse, and parked his caravan outside his apartment (that was fortunately granted to him by the Government temporarily). It was quite a while since he had properly used and maintained arrows, with the last time being back in Sunberth. Without Antar and his useful advice and equipment next to him, it was high time he had to procure his own equipment and therefore getting his own bolt maintenance kit was necessary.

He wanted to instantly sleep it off, but he knew that he had important things to do first. Chanting Wysar's name to instill discipline into his conduct, he meditated for half a bell, calming his mind and body and to refresh his soul.

Taking out the toolkit, he began the hard work of fixing the bolts that he fired and the arrows that Sasin fired, hammering the metal pieces back into shape and righting the overall shape of each projectile.

It took the course of several chimes, and when he was finally done he did not even bother to go to his bed. He simply slept where he worked.
Last edited by Eridanus on September 30th, 2012, 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on August 20th, 2012, 6:30 am

Reward Requests :
As Nyansnake and Kale seemed to have left Mizahar, it only seems fair that Eri gets all the spoils since I finished up the whole thread on my own.

Cash
Bounty for Contract: 50+50+50 = 150gm
Variable Bounty: 28*5 = 140gm
Subtotal: 290gm

Sold
25x Hide Armor: 25*15 = 375gm
2x Buckskin Armor: 2*30 = 60gm
1x Woodsplint Armor: 1*100 = 100gm
Subtotal: 535gm

For statistical ease, the rest of the Diverse uses Longswords.

20x Long Sword: 20*15 = 300gm
2x Battleaxe: 2*10 = 20gm
2x Heavy Flail: 2*15 = 30gm
1x Halberd: 1*10 = 10gm
1x Double-bladed Axe: 1*60 = 60gm
1x Rock Crusher: 1*50 = 50gm
1x Flamberge: 1*150 = 150gm
Subtotal: 620gm

Various trinkets and loot from the Diverse and the small boy: Estimated at 25gm

Grand Total: 1500gm

Costs: Purchase of Fletcher's Toolkit: -20gm

Result: 1450gm

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallacy on November 7th, 2012, 9:58 pm

XP Award!

Name:Eridanus
XP Award:
  • +1 Dual Wielding
  • +1 Unarmed
  • +1 Flux
  • +2 Rhetoric
  • +2 Observation
  • +1 Crossbow
  • +1 Camouflague
  • +1 Running
  • +2 Tactics
  • +1 Leadership
  • +2 Butchering
Lore:
  • Nyahna Sasin
  • Kale
  • A Summoner's Contract
  • The Silencers (Basic)
  • Paying the Price
  • Fighting With New Weapons
Notes:

None. Assume because of the weight, you had to leave some behind, and the rest was stolen from you.

Name:Nya
XP Award:
  • +2 Rhetoric
  • +2 Observation
  • +2 Bow
  • +2 Stealth
  • +1 Climbing
  • +1 Unarmed
Lore:
  • Snow
  • Eridanus
  • Kale
Notes:

Please be sure you play to your skill levels, because you often did not, some points and loot were docked. (At the time of this thread, you had no experience in bowing or fletching or carving for that matter, so you couldn't fix anything, for example). Also, if you wish to gain more experience, in general, please be more detailed in your writing.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous