Some Shyke About a Son(Gale)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Ignotus Everto on September 24th, 2012, 2:53 am

12th of Fall, 512AV

It was impossible. Unthinkable. Inconceivable. McCenry? He'd only heard that name once before. But it couldn't have been. She must have married and had that man's son. Even if the boy was old enough, had his hair when he was human, and his nose. It just wasn't possible. Could it be? He had work today, but it didn't matter. He had to get answers now.

Gale wasn't his son. It wasn't possible. He'd find him, and he'd talk for ages about his dad, and he would smile and nod, and that would be that. Right? Right? The only question was finding him. Zeltiva was a big city, but Ignotus could guess. He strode straight for the beach, his ever lightening, but still silghtly chubby legs carrying him to the sliding sands. "Where are you, you bastard..."

Last edited by Ignotus Everto on September 26th, 2012, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 24th, 2012, 3:22 am

ImageImageImage

Adapt... How was one to adapt to his current situation?

Gale was just entering the city once again walking along the crowds with an obvious thoughtful look about him. His hand shoved into his bedraggled pant pockets, Gale started to stay more to the ally ways, avoiding the larger crowds to try and leave himself to his own thoughts.

You had to be a psychopath to adapt to being used like
that. You had to be a...a.. Monster! There wasn't a chance he would ever adapt to this! Though he couldn't be upset about it for forever. Or could he?

Gale's wondering around the alleys, as usual, led him towards the Kelp Bar and to the docks. His usual routine around town. He pulled a hand out of his pocket to pull some of his blonde hair behind his ear. He glanced around at the people as he walked along. His face didn't really read depression today. Just confusion and thoughtfulness. His gaze turned towards the ocean's horizon as he walked along the sand, as usual.

The fortune telling Nuit had gotten Gale especially thoughtful recently.
Being told to adapt when he was in trouble was making Gale have conflicting thoughts and moods. It was rather difficult for Gale to apply this advice to his own situation, not wanting to become the horrendous nightmare he was the night of David's death. But was he to do? What was done was done. He couldn't take it back, as much as he wished. He couldn't give the young lady her husband back just like he couldn't bring Hana back. But he couldn't do nothing either, could he?

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Ignotus Everto on September 26th, 2012, 3:48 am

Gale's meanderings were cut off quite sharply by a cold, clammy hand gripping his shoulder. "You. Me. Talk. Now." a voice hissed in his ear before pulling him to face him. If it was possible for Ignotus to look whiter, he was. There were thick creases in his brow, and for the first time in quite a while, and the first time Gale would have seen him, Ignotus looked afraid.

"What was your father like?" the Nuit demanded sharply, "You must remember him, don't you?" There was no Hypnotism this time. It barely even occurred to him to use it. Right now, all Ignotus wanted to know was that he truly was alone in the world. "Well?" he barked after nary a tick passed, shifting his weight nervously.

"It'll be fine. It'll be some posh artist or a burly sailor, and they'll have done stupid father son things, and that will be that. Haha, why am I even worrying? The situation wasn't funny to the wizard, however. Not even internally.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 26th, 2012, 1:11 pm

ImageImageImage

Gale was surprised by the sudden grip of a hand grasping his shoulder, jumping a mile. Wha- What the- a man whispered in his ear. Talk? Now? What? He was whipped around and blinked at the man in confusion,"My father?" Gale asked with confusion and curiosity. Why would he suddenly bring his father up? No one has even mentioned anything related to his father in years.

"I never knew my father." Gale said, his brows furrowing at the look of fear in the man's face and the nervous body movements. What was the matter? What is so urgent about knowing his father that it made someone look like this? "He left before I was born." Gale scratched his neck absently,"What about him? Why does it matter to you?" Gale was utterly confused about the whole situation and was hoping it will make since in a bit. He'd probably tell him what he was talking about or what it was for, right? You don't just go up to a person, ask about their family, and then walk away. Besides, it seems to be an important subject to him. But why?

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ignotus Everto on September 29th, 2012, 12:51 am

"I never knew my father. He left before I was born."
"Okay, remain calm... There are plenty of bastards. So what if he didn't know his father? That means nothing. Right?"

Ignotus' hand clenched into a fist, and he ground his teeth slightly. With a bit of effort, he gathered Djed in his belly and forced it up through his diaphragm, projecting some of his own sense of urgency towards Gale. He had to release some of this tension somehow. "Okay. That's... Not what I was hoping for. What about your mother? What did she look like?"

Around the same time, a distant voice cried out, "Hey, Iggy? Where are ya?"

If it was possible for a person to go from shockingly nervous to comically angry in an instant, Ignotus did so. He glared at Gale, and hissed, "Hide me!" just as three less than clean looking men popped into sight and jogged towards the pair.

"Oi, we've got the Kelp Bar tonight, don't you know?" said a large, bearded garbage man with dusty brown hair, "Gotta clear out the surroundings before bottles start falling back into the inn, aye? Come on, Iggy!"

"Wait, who's his friend?" a spindly lad with a razor thin mustache chirped, jumping onto his heftier colleague's shoulders to get a better look.
"This is... Gale." Ignotus said after a moment's hesitation, staring pleadingly at the artist while mouthing "Help me..."
"Ooh! Gaale..." said the fat man contemplatively. "Is you magic like Iggy?" he asked as the Nuit's eye twitched in fury. "You two can burn bags together! I bet you can drink, too!"

And with that, he grabbed both Ignotus and Gale's wrists and skipped back towards the alleys of the city.

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 29th, 2012, 2:20 am

ImageImageImage
Not what he was hoping for? What was he talking about? He was expecting him to be someone or something? Gale's brow raised at his response and next question. Why is he so interested in his parents?

"Sheeee"He hesitated to continue to recall his mother, since it's been a while since he thought about her. had black hair, past her sh-"

"Hey, Iggy? Where are ya?"

Gale looked over towards where the voice called for Ignotus. Iggy? Rather funny nickname. Better then Bloodeye he supposed. But the sudden hiss from the man just added to Gale's confusion more as he looked at his now furious looking face. Was he being chased or something? Gale looked back up as the three men came around and talked about the Kelp Bar. Another one mentioned "his friend" obviously meaning himself.

"Uuh." Gale was only to manage before Iggy introduced himself for him. He glanced at the man he knew from childhood and watched him mouth something. Gale wasn't very good at reading lips but it was simple enough that even Gale could understand. What were they exactly going to do? Gale snapped back to look at the three garbage men when he heard them assume that he was "magic" as well.

"No wait, I've never used ma-" Gale was interrupted again by the mentioning of burning bags together with Ignotus. When was he ever not going to get interrupted in these types of situations? This was getting ridiculous.

He was grabbed by his wrist along with the hypnotist and taken back to the alleys. Skipping. He was skipping. No wonder why Ignotus didn't want to be around them.

"Would you explain to me what is going on? Why are you asking about my parents suddenly?" Gale questioned Ignotus as they were lead to the alleys.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ignotus Everto on October 13th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Ignotus sighed at Gale's question, "I think you just became a garbage man." he said as droplets of Res began pushing their way past his pores. Bags of refuse littered the streets, and a globule of glowing green gel the size of a fist began to hover over Ignotus' palm as they approached them. "Bill," the Nuit said, pointing at the fat, bearded garbage man who was already throwing bags into a quickly growing pile. "Bob," his finger drifted to the thin, mustachioed lad, "And Pete." a barrel chested, rather severe looking man with huge, corded arms who was helping Bill gather garbage.

With a quick exhale, the surface of the orb above Ignotus' hand burst into flame and whipped to the pile, setting it alight. The now-extinguished globule drifted back to the wizard, a fair bit of fire following it and engulfing the Res soon after it stopped moving. The Reimancer glanced nervously at his colleagues to make sure they weren't listening, then turned his gaze back to Gale, "Never mind why. Just keep going. Black hair, and?.."

Meanwhile, the other disposal men were giving the painter expectant looks, as if they expected him to summon a small tornado.

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on October 20th, 2012, 11:29 pm

ImageImageImage

Gale raised an eyebrow at the different men as he was introduced to Bill, Pete, and Bob. Odd bunch aren't they? The blonde turned to Ignotus and jolted back when a fireball erupted from his hands, similar to when he did so as a kid. At least he isn't scaring kids with the ability anymore and was putting the magic to some use. Run his hand quickly through his hair, Gale huffed as he continued to recall what his mother looked like.

"Black hair that came down to her upper back, fair skin, and gray eyes." He told him her most distinctive characteristics. "Now would you please explain what it is to you? Why does any of this matter?" Gale questioned, waving a hand.

It had been so long since he thought about his mother. He was so obsessed and focused on the death of his wife that all other family members were completely ignored. Now that he thought about it, Gale never paid enough attention to remember any details about her appearance or personality. She was nice, sure, but he couldn't describe specifically why she was nice or what she did to earn the title. Just one of those types of things that you forget after a while probably. Eventually, he wouldn't even remember what he just told Ignotus. Memories were a funny thing.

OOC :
A quick picture of what she probably would have looked like. Or something similar.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 18th, 2012, 10:30 am

"Funny thing about Nuit, Gale..." The wizard said with a visible grimace, "They were all human at one point. Or at least, some sort of mortal race. I turned about thirty years ago. Quite a bit earlier than that, I had a bit of an affair. Of course, I was never married, but... Well, an affair's the best way to put it."

The undead paused for a moment. "A lovely young woman by the name of Adwin. Adwin McCenry. I left for Syliras not long after, but that's another story... I never thought... Well, progeny was never a huge concern of mine. Why would I need descendents if I was going to live forever?" Ignotus was rambling again. Meanwhile, the disposal men had lost interest.

"So um... I happened to have your color of hair in life... And... Well..." he trailed off, feeling too embarrassed to go on.

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 9th, 2012, 4:10 am

ImageImageImage

A Nuit. That definitely explains the drastic facial change. At first Gale was sure if he just didn’t remember him very well, considering it being several years, but that indeed clears up a lot of things. Though the blonde wasn’t sure how this little history lesson had to do with anything, it was as well cleared up quickly.

Gale snorted loudly, his head lowering and his wrist placed over his mouth to cover a smile. He briefly shook his head then let his hand fall away from his mouth. The artist lifted his index finger asking for a moment. He couldn’t be serious, could he? He knew his mother’s name and the timing was about right, but was he really his son? It was inconceivable! Gale’s dominant left hand formed a fist and pounded his chest as he cleared his throat.

“That’s uh-…That’s good to know.”
A brief chuckle snuck out of his lips, “It’s nice to know you have a sense of humor that doesn’t involve someone in utter agony.” Gale treated this news like it wasn’t even news at all but simply a sarcastic statement to lighten things up between them, “That’s a good one.” An abrupt nod and his hands firmly placing themselves on his hips completed the look that he wasn’t taking this very seriously at all at the moment.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next