[Daniel's Scrapbook] Spongebob Boxers FTW

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Kahno on October 28th, 2012, 10:07 pm

People Help the People

So most of you who read my scraps, have spoken to me in chat, etc. know that I'm a music guy. I'm in a band, I play drums. I listen to a little bit of everything and am always eager to hear something new or different. It's been a really long time since I made a music post, so I figured I would do that.

I get into grooves where I listen to one genre a lot more than the others, and when I hear a new song or band I like, I look around for more stuff similar to it. I'm constantly expanding what I like to listen to. I'm very open-minded about music, because, well, I'd like for people to do the same when they hear my band play. So if at any time you happen to be perusing my scrapbook and find something you like, tell me! I enjoy input and debate on music. And if you think you have something I might like, post it here! I'll check it out!

First of all, I'll reiterate that I absolutely cannot stand for someone to say that an artist or a song sucks. It's perfectly fine to not like something. It's human nature that everyone has different tastes. But it's completely unjustifiable to say that something is of poor quality JUST because it doesn't fancy you. Get over it. You don't like it, but other people do. It's an art, created from someone's talents, experiences, and interests. People like certain music based on the same things. To say a song or band sucks is essentially telling them that their talents, experiences, and interests sucks! Would you want someone to dis on you for your own? No. So shut up.

I love Lil Wayne, Mac Miller, Wiz Khalifa, Kid Cudi, Drake.

I love Atreyu, Senses Fail, Bring Me The Horizon, Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows, Chiodos.

I love Manchester Orchestra, Birdy, Kings of Leon, Lana del Rey, The XX.

I love analyzing the lyrics and covering songs, singing, everything. I love sharing the music I like.

I recently discovered a song on my iPhone that I didn't even know was there. Ahh, the benefits of shuffle! The name of the artist is Birdy, and the song is called People Help the People. Birdy is a fifteen year old girl, if I'm not mistaken. She's got some real talent for someone her age. She covers a lot of songs, one of my favorites being Skinny Love by Bon Iver.

People Help the People is about how people are beginning to become greedy for everything. We're spoiled and abusing the charity and sacrifices others make for us. We're thinking more with our heads and hands and less with our hearts. Our greed fuels the malice of the human race, and we are in turn hurting those around us with our words and actions. But there are some people out there who constantly give give give and never expect anything in return. They do it out of kindness and compassion.

I love it because I agree. We need to consider how we treat other people before we say and do things that could potentially hurt someone. Every action we make sparks a train reaction that never ends. Everything is a cycle, from the time we are old enough to make our own conscious decisions. What you say can and will be repeated from one person to another. There is always someone watching us. There are friends and family that we influence every day. The things we do affect every aspect of our futures and the futures of those around us.

A single act of kindness could save someone's life, just as a single act of malice could ruin someone's life. You never know the things someone may be thinking about or going through. There are hundreds of people who are dealing with hardships, and we don't consider these things because we're so self-absorbed and consumed with what's going on in our own lives. Just because something doesn't bother you doesn't mean it doesn't bother someone else. There are people in this world who bottle everything up, and all it takes is saying one ugly thing to make them snap. People take their lives over things like that, and it's a horrid, terrifying thought. And yet at the same time, the smallest of compliments could lift someone's spirits higher than the clouds themselves.

God knows what is hiding in those weak and drunken hearts.
I guess you kissed the girls and made them cry,
Those hard-faced queens of misadventure.
God knows what is hiding in those weak and sunken eyes,
A Fiery throng of muted angels
Giving love but getting nothing back.

People help the people,
And if you're homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it.
People help the people,
And nothing will drag you down.
Oh and if I had a brain, oh and if I had a brain,
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned all those good hearts away.

God knows what is hiding in this world of little consequence.
Behind the tears, inside the lies,
A thousand slowly dying sunsets.
God knows what is hiding in those weak and drunken hearts.
I guess the loneliness came knocking.
No one needs to be alone, oh save me.

People help the people,
People help the people,
Nothing will drag you down.

People help the people,
People help the people,
Nothing will drag you down.

Kahno
After all, it's you, my pride, and me.

Words: 40399
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2012, 2:36 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kahno on November 20th, 2012, 7:32 am

Untitled Lyrics

I like music. Music is my thing. I think I've reiterated that here time and time again.

I wrote this. Of course it makes sense to me, but I want to know if it does to anyone else. I want to know what other people get out of it. Break it down, analyze it, tell me what you think it says/means. I'm just curious. I want to know what other people gather from it before we throw it into a song.. Lyrics are important, and if it speaks to me, but to no one else, well... then something has failed somewhere! Plenty of songs are vague, people interpret different things based on their personal experiences, and it may or may not be what is originally intended to be perceived by the artist. It's not a bad thing. I'm just curious here. (:

So tell me, was it worth the wait?
It's a vicious circle,
Finding the beauty in that jewel
That turns out to be just another rock.
Toss it back and sift for more,
The faintest glimmer of gold.
But it was made for us,
And we took the bait.
Just another fool grasping
For what we want to see instead of what's really there.
Was it even worth the wait,
Just to be deceived again?
They can hand it to you and it still doesn't make it real.
Only time will tell.
Until then, we're better off just pretending
It doesn't really exist.

Kahno

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on November 20th, 2012, 7:37 am

I like it. :) I like it a lot. It speaks to me.
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Words: 10633
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kahno on November 20th, 2012, 8:26 am

But what're you getting out of it? What's it about for you?
Kahno

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on November 20th, 2012, 8:37 am

For me it's about people getting together and than breaking up. :P
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Words: 10633
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kahno on December 14th, 2012, 6:54 am

Julie is my favorite. Still. Even though she refuses to post in my scrappyscrap anymore.... That is all.
Kahno

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Previous