[All Things Wild] It All Begins Somewhere

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Haeli on January 16th, 2011, 4:08 pm

It was interesting shopping with someone else. Haeli had been too shy to head into town alone though she was brave enough to return to the swamp as often as she needed too. People were a sometimes disturbing mystery to the young woman, one she was equally fascinated and fearful of. With Brig along though, the trip was far more relaxing and decidedly less fearful for certain. Haeli had an aura of delight about her as she explored the city with Brig, ducking into shops with him and gathering their much needed supplies.

She was a patient companion as well, trailing Brig and never fussing when he stopped to look at something that held no interest to her. He was her interest a great deal of time, and when there was nothing else she understood or wanted to look at, Haeli simply looked at him. Her golden eyes were overbright with excitement and caution, and though she always claimed to never be certain of people, the girl talked to everyone. Haeli always had a smile to offer strangers, and often added in a kind word or a compliment on a shopkeepers goods. It was a natural politeness and her compliments came off sincere and unforced. In response, most people spoke to her as well. She asked questions and often picked up little things so regardless of where they went she traded or shopped, sometimes giving them packets of herbs out of her pocket instead of coin.

Once, a woman walked by with a cough that was particularly nasty, and Haeli drew a pack of moss ground with a tree bark and handed it to the woman and advised her to boil it in water and drink it before her cough got worse. She'd noticed the woman unprompted from quick eyes that scanned her surroundings incessantly.

And at times her hand found his, or came to rest on his shoulder, arm, or waist. Even the mildly uninterested could see they were together. Those that were more astoot would indeed note a kelvic and his bondmate out walking and shopping together.

"Brig, I'll always prefer gathering food rather than eating it. I worry about your old friend too. His diet shouldn't change that much either or his tummy won't like him long. But we're going to run out of things soon enough in the wilds. I've been told the snow makes everything sleep for days and days. The swamp never had snow. I ... I can't really wait to see it. But we'll need to buy some root vegetables and fruits to store at All Things Wild too so we all have something fresh or almost fresh all winter." Surely they could easily live off potatoes, apples, and cheese. And as long as she could walk to the bakery, they'd have fresh bread. Haeli had never really worried about food before, but she suspected things were different in Lhavit than the Gyvaka. "I can always wing home too for a bit and hunt, bringing back snakes and frogs and maybe a few small gators. I can't carry much." She added.

In the mean time they'd haggled a pair of decent ropes from a rope maker and had picked out a harness in the harness shop Haeli was certain would fit her altered form and size up if she could just figure out how to bulk up.

Haeli let Brig handle negotiations with the tool peddler and thought he did incredibly well with their new axe and a few other assorted tools he needed. She split funds with him too, always paying half for everything and not commenting when he insisted as well.

For the first time in her life, she was shopping, and finding it one of the most fun things ever to do. Well, she could think of something a whole lot more fun, but that was a little complication in her life she was trying to avoid at the moment. It was hard too though. The curve of the small of Brigs back distracted her oddly enough, so too did the way he stood so silently and so watchful as he thought things over and made decisions.

She shook off the distraction and bought them both berry scones and sweet balls of rice. The rice was for Brig who seemed to love the sticky sweet things. The scones were for her, who had an extraordinary fondness for blackberries. They had one apiece of each, standing in the weak fall sun feeling the temperature drop even though it was only mid-morning.

Then she took them into a tailor's place who sold ready-made clothing and all but froze. The choices, selections, and types of fabric overwhelmed her for a moment. She felt dirty and somehow very inadequate in her shift and realized suddenly how much so she was as she stood among the fine linens and silks. Haeli started to back out of the shop quietly, a little horrified in the face of what she couldn't buy - namely simple peasant garb.

receipt :
Harness: 2 GM
Rope(2): 2 GM
Axe: 5 GM
Sledge Hammer: 5 SM
Hammer: 5 SM
Treats: .5 GM
Total: 10.5 GM

Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Brig on January 17th, 2011, 9:19 pm

”You don’t need to worry so much about him,” Brig assured her and took her hand again when she worried over the old raccoon in the outside garden. ”Raccoons don’t hibernate in the winter. But they store up fat in the warmer weather and when it turns cold and food is harder to come by, they sometimes curl up in their burrows and sleep for days. They’ll wake if there’s a reason to, but sometimes even ten or more days at a time. He’s used to his long naps, once it grows colder, we might not see him for long stretches of time.”

He smiled, watching her interacting with the Lhavitians and even offered a grin for a passing group of youngsters that were trailing after their mother. He was careful not to bare his sharpened canines inadvertently in the process. But the kelvic had discovered that he liked watching the little ones, and even interacting with them, finding that he delighted in entertaining them with coon form antics. ”I can hunt for him too. Small mice, things I don’t have to go down the mountain for. But for us, there’ll still be some game when it turns colder. But not as much, and there’ll be other predators competing for it. Rabbits,” he suggested, ”and shellfish down in the warm springs.”

He was enjoying their outing more and more, growing more comfortable as she did, and less likely to warn away those others who strayed to close on their paths in the other direction, even with only a meaningful look. He found that he liked the process of bargaining for their tools, so much so that he carried the things out of the shop as if they were a hard won prize. ”If you learn to shift into a raccoon, I can teach you how a coon catches crayfish. We don’t always look for fish or shellfish by feeling along the bottom with our hands,” he suggested as they made way towards their next destination.

He explained for her then, how a coon would sit on a half submerged rock or log in the shallows and simply look straight ahead as if he was pondering something off in the distance. He’d let his bushy tail dip into the water and rest on the bottom. And if it was a good spot, nearby crayfish were attracted to it as an appealing nesting spot. He could feel them, scurrying into and hunkering down in his soggy fur. And then swiftly propel them up and out of the water with a flick of his tail, and into his hands or mouth. ”And if you think I can learn how to morph into a bird, I can fly with you to the swamp and help carry back food.”

She could tell that the idea appealed to him, the thought of achieving flight was it’s own enticement. But not nearly as powerful as knowing that if he could take such a form, then he could go along with her when she returned to the swamps. He didn’t like the long separations. He worried about her during those times, but neither in his coon form or his human one, could he keep up with her over the distance of mountainous terrains. He did like sweets though, and was developing quite a weakness for them. Rice was good under ordinary circumstances, but made sticky and sweet…Brig might not be a particularly picky eater, but he definitely had his favorites.

He’d just finished off the last of his portion of their treat when they entered the tailor’s shop, and Haeli did an about face. It was overflowing with things the Lhavitians wore, things he’d grown up without knowing, and cloth that felt like nothing he had before. And while he didn’t see colors as others did, he knew enough to realize that many of them were brighter ones than he was accustomed to. But he wanted to fit in best he could. He might never look like a Lhavitian by draping himself in their preferences, but he could adopt them nonetheless. Two of their robes, he thought, would do the trick. Three pairs of loose fitting trousers, three shirts. Linen in part, but one of the robes, trousers and shirts, maybe silk instead. And another of the trousers in leather, a shirt in wool.

Sensing Haeli’s hesitance, he grinned and grabbed her hand before she could back out the door. In the process, lending her some of his determination to stay put. ”I’ll help you,” he whispered close to her ear. ”And I need your eyes to help me choose what's best. I don’t see colors like you do, like other humans do. Stay, and we’ll do it together,” he told her.

pricetag:Brig’s clothes come to 30 gm, I think…unless my math is as faulty as his is. :)
Brig
Natural Born Rascal

Words: 89991
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 2:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Haeli on February 2nd, 2011, 10:10 pm

It always startled her how much Brig really knew about things. He simply seemed to have a sense of what went into the gaps in her knowledge and in true tinker form slipped the tidbits into the cracks like cogs fit on spindles that ran the wheels of her brain. Haeli smiled when he told her not to worry about the old coon. She knew she shouldn't, as well, but the young witch had a growing fondness for raccoons that seemed to even transcend the boundaries of just the singular one with her. All things raccoon fascinated her and the tidbits of information he gave her were like bits of good prose to an avid reader or a glance at a coveted recipe to an inspiring chef.

Pale fingers interwove with his. He was still her first and favorite raccoon, and decidedly one she'd be a long time getting to know.

Pale eyes glanced at him and she nodded. "I know enough to try now, Brig, and I'm getting better at changing sizes. I hadn't realized I could. I really hadn't. I guess it never occurred to me before. When we get home, I'll see if I can manage it. IF you'd like too, I'll give you your first lesson on morphing. I think you'll pick it up. You are far to clever not too." She said, looking thoughtful, feeling scared and excited all at once. The imagery he painted with the idea of joining her in flight made her heart race. She could think of no one better to be a wingmate and travel with her. Even hunting the streams around Lhavit with tiny hands that were quick enough to pull crayfish from stony havens excited her. Deep in her heart, Haeli was a free creature, one that chafed at the confines of the city even as much as she craved company with others. Her hand tightened in Brigs even as her heartbeat increased. He kept reminding her who she was. In the city it was so easy to loose oneself. It was so easy to be what all the other people expected her to be. It was far harder to remember herself and who and what she was. Without him, Haeli feared she'd become someone else, and someone she didn't like at that.

Keeping pace with him, they kept walking.

It was an impossible story, an improbably thing, she decided. Dhani culture had rules that did not fit the boundaries of Brigs relationship. In a way, Haeli was far more dhani than human in the way she was raised. It was part of her confusion, and indeed the unseen ruthlessness in her that sometimes surfaced when she needed to eat more than something else needed to live or when she needed to live more than something else needed to eat. But Brig was the wild card, something unseen and unasked for, and yet desperately needed. Her hand tightened, and quietly she gave thanks for his mother who had the courage to love a bear and to keep him safe as he grew. She gave thanks as well to Caiyha who put her on the pathway that brought her to Lhavit and indeed to his side. They would be something, together, something stronger than each of them imagined. And it was that knowledge that filled Haeli, and partially frightened her as they slipped into the clothing store and she panicked.

Brig stopped her. His words weren't entirely soaking in but his meaning did. He needed her help with this. He needed her help more than she needed to flee what she did not want to face. Truthfully, Haeli would have gladly wore her skin and just that rather than drape her body in what the Lhavitians wore. But Brigs eyes were different than hers. He'd said so many times. And she needed to see color the way others saw it so that she could match up things with his natural fur.

Haeli took two breaths, then gave herself extra time and took two more. She'd stay for him. Turning, she took a good look at him. He had rich warm skin that reminded her of a young cypress tree's bark. It was a color that should have a name that was shared with a spice like cinnamon. She touched his chin, his jaw, and glanced up into his eyes. They were rich as well, but never exactly the same color for sometimes they were mirrors of her own, and sometimes they were made of darker richer stuff, like when he was kissing her. Thick lashes framed his golden gaze and made him seem mischievous. His hair framed his head in an unruly mop of wildness composed of curls a woman would outright envy. And his scent was a rich masculine spice that caught her completely off guard.

Looking at Brig - really looking at him - was never a good idea. She stared a full minute before she realized she was doing it. And before she could even snap out of the assessment, their newly formed bond had transmitted everything she was feeling right down the invisible wires into his brain.

Love.

She'd heard stories of it from the traders and read about it in her few precious books. Just standing there staring at him, she'd never understood what the writers wrote about when they spoke of such things. She never realized how powerful and incredibly startling it was. This kelvic was everything to her. He wasn't her whole world, but he was so interwoven into their world that it stunned her that there was even life before without him. Haeli blinked, took another deep breath, and offered him a smile. "

I'm sorry. It's just... so..."
She shook her head, released his hand, and smiled at herself a little. An older woman would have scolded herself for foolishness while a younger woman would have giggled heartily. Haeli did neither. Instead, she enjoyed the feeling that swept her up and stepped closer to him. He gave her permission to be herself, not a Lhavitian, but just Haeli, by being who he was and what he was in itself. And just Haeli had other things on her mind.

She pushed herself up against him, feeling his strength, and tipped her head up to kiss him. They weren't that good at kissing yet, having stolen only a few awkward ones thus far. This was neither awkward, over thought, or the type of thing one does when one works the courage up to do something new. This was all Haeli letting what she felt flow up and out of her until she passed it to Brig through the bond and through her lips. She ignored the tailor and any customers in the shop. Instead they were together in their own little world for a moment and there was just him. She kissed him slowly and thankfully, unashamed to show him how she felt and how beautiful she thought he was both inside and out.

And then, pulling away, she began picking things out for him. At first she pulled colors that reminded her of the wilds. But as she looked and compared and draped fabric over him, she grew bolder selecting rich greens, deep blues, and jewel tones in ruby and black with bronze and gold fasteners. The cloak she chose for him was indeed a deep forest green, but his Lhavitian boots were rich black and thickly soled. Haeli selected the things she thought he'd need and extras of all the ones she knew he'd wear more than others. There was even a thick leather apron for his shop that she got the tailor to embellish with his name and All Things Wild in a fancy script. There was one for her as well. And the more she shopped, the more she relaxed. Her clothing was more muted in buttersoft yellows and pale pastels. She knew they probably all looked the same color to Brig, but she made sure his clothing had bold enough patterns he could see detail and differences even with his strange eyes.

By the time they were done, there was a considerable pile between them, even the robes that Haeli already despised. Brig was right though. They had to do things the Lhavitian way in some instances. But the rest of the time, they could just be themselves. And they would be.

When all the stuff was paid for, Haeli turned to Brig. They would have to make a trip back to the shop first and foremost before moving on. "What's next? Did we get everything we needed here?" If so, that meant that they needed to head to the log and get it cut. "We can stop and get Okomo harnessing on the way home." She decided, knowing that would be easy. A darting in to the shop and back out again, hardly worth mentioning. Then, perhaps it would be time to head down to the lake and harvest the fallen tree for their counter.

Haeli

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Brig on February 28th, 2011, 7:06 pm

”It would be better if you were a coon the same size as me,” Brig considered with a little bit of a grin when she told him she could. ”I don’t mind if you’re larger, but if we went into the forests, the others would think it was strange.” The kelvic frowned thoughtfully for a moment as they moved along, hand in hand. Wondering how to voice what it was he wanted to explain. ”My old friend, he’s a smart one. My mother took care of me in the way that humans do, but it was him that taught me how to survive in the wilds. He’s old, and he knows things. He knows things that the others don’t, because I helped him to understand, the same way he taught me to survive in the wilds.”

”When you morph, into a snake or…a big cat, do other snakes and cats know there’s a difference?” he wondered. ”When I’m in my coon form, other animals don’t. They don’t know kelvic. I look like them, smell like them, because I am one of them. I could try to make them understand, but it would be hard for them,” he considered.

It made him wonder though, it appealed to Brig more than he could vocalize, the idea of her running beside him in coon form, through the forests he knew so well, along familiar streambeds, even paddling in the shallow ponds. He could introduce her to his friends, and even his rivals. But also, to be able to fly alongside her was as important to him. ”After I learn to morph, if I can fly like you do, does it matter what sort of bird it is?” he wondered. ”The owl that sits in the big tree in the garden. The small one?” he suggested, meaning the owl and not the tree. ”Or do you need to study his parts like you’ve studied mine?” It was a thought that hadn’t occurred to him. And while he could communicate well enough with other animals, he thought it wouldn’t be easy to convince that owl to sit still for an examination.

But in the store, he grabbed her hand without thinking. He needed her, to see for him in the way that humans did. His eyes were such that he saw more than some in many ways. But in others, far fewer. Color was only one of those things. But maybe she needed him too. To give her a reason not to go back out the way she’d come in. Something in him told her that if she went, it would be more difficult next try. So he smiled when she stayed.

He was used to her searching gazes. They didn’t bother him at all, and in fact he enjoyed them. And spent just as much time watching her in similar ways. Not just seeing, but sensing, feeling, everything it was that made her…Haeli. He liked their contrasts, dark to light, furred patches, muscled planes to smoother curves. And the similarities, the way they just fit together. He couldn’t exactly define in words what love was. But what he felt from her, wasn’t just felt, it was returned with just as much emotion. She couldn’t hide it from him, nor him from her either. She didn’t need words, and neither did he. It shone in his eyes till they were brimming over with it. Love, devotion, and not caring that anyone was looking when she kissed him. He didn’t think about it at all, but pressed his form into hers, arms wrapped and returned the kiss with all of the passion that he felt, even when he was only watching her.

He still wasn’t worried, or even wondered what others in the shop felt when she stepped back and began to measure fabrics and colors against his form and complexion. He enjoyed it, and he liked what she chose, even if he couldn’t fully appreciate all of the tones. The patterns were different, and she’d find him plenty cooperative. Even the boots he liked, and the leather apron even more. As she grew more comfortable, so did he, and he even helped where he could while she picked out her own things.

He helped pay then, and when they were gone from the shop with their purchases in hand, he fell into step beside her and smiled. ”I think so,” he said of having gotten what they needed. Then thoughts of the Okomo they’d need for their trip down the mountain brought up another curiosity. ”I remember when I came up the mountain there was an Okomo for people to ride. I didn’t,” he remembered. ”I walked instead. Do you think they’re friendly? Or do they have bad tempers?” he wondered.
Brig
Natural Born Rascal

Character sheet

Postby Haeli on March 28th, 2011, 5:09 am

Haeli nodded. "It will take some practice, that's all. It's easier, when you morph, Brig, to keep your same size. For you, I bet it would be very easy for you to keep your small size or your large size. But for me it is harder, since I've only had one size. But I get I could do it, a raccoon smaller and a little more delicate than you are." She said thoughtfully, looking excited at the prospect of trying. She walked beside him down the street, content in his company but still shy among the city folk. She ducked out of their way, more often than naught, and though she watched them with her strange gaze, she never met their eyes or offered a challenge in any sort of way. It was odd, as if she knew well how to be the various animals she could be, but that she had no idea how to be human.

Haeli smiled at his question, and shook her head. "I'm sure when I was smaller and just learning, they did because I was a bad mimic. But I'm better now.. at least a little so sometimes they don't mind unless it is to chase me out of their territory or challenge me to the food I am wanting, or that sort of thing. I think it is the same as it is for you being a kelvic." She said, tilting her head and smiling.

Of course, he WAS a coon. She was just pretending to be something else when she morphed. It as a fact that often pained her as a child when she pretended to be a Dhani. Haeli smiled when he asked, and she shook her head. "You'll have to pick a bird that's the same size as one of your forms. You'll have to study his or her parts - all of them - until you can get them right. Once you can mimic them perfectly, then you can fly like the bird you pick can. It can be any bird you want depending on the size. I had to learn to be an egret because our body masses matched when I was smaller. It was really hard learning to fly. I broke my arm falling from the sky. But if you are careful, you'll pick it up easily. I was stupid and tried to do too much at once. My arm still aches sometimes when the weather changes, so I use it to remind me that I need to be careful." Haeli added, laughing and rubbing her left arm thoughtfully.

Warm fingers linked with his, entwining them with hers. Brig could feel her fear leave her and her body relax beside him. Haeli trusted Brig. She wanted to be with him. Life was easier with the kelvic, and she'd never felt less alone with him by her side.

She had no idea how to answer Brig's question once they were out of the shop. "I don't know Brig, because I've never met one. I've only looked at them from a distance. I would imagine, though, that they are like other creatures and even people. Some are friendly, others are not so much. Everyone has a different history, and if there's a great deal of violence in their past, often they won't be trusting or nice. If the Okomo have grown to know love and affection, I imagine they'd reflect that in equal measures. Animals and people are no different. Everyone says they are, because people have sharp minds, but I think animals are just the same though they have not the same voice as man. I think they understand humor and joy and certainly know pain. So who they are is a product of their life." She added.

When they passed the harness shop, Haeli darted in, then purchased a harness without incident. She was back in an instant, knowing which size would fit her Okomo form and would allow her to pull the tree up the hill successfully. "We'll need to drop our things by the shop, then we need to walk back to the little lake." Haeli said, knowing they'd be back before she knew it. There was an axe in All Things that they needed to pick up as well... so the stop was definitely necessary. "Does that sound like a plan?" She asked?
Haeli

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Brig on April 10th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Brig wasn’t sure how easy it would be for him to learn to shift from his own form, either of them, to another one completely. A creature that was different than him. It was magic, but different than what was just a part of what he was. He was both at once, crafted from magicks himself centuries before he’d been born. And it didn’t require thinking, only doing. But if Haeli believed he’d be able to learn, then he would. It was different than learning to read or write. Those were things he felt he ought to learn, this was something he yearned to. And he yearned to fly beside her through the skies, along with her when she returned to her swamp.

”I think maybe I’ll have to pick another bird,” he decided with a thoughtful frown, squeezing her hand affectionately as they’d left the store, as he’d weaved deftly aside to accommodate a group of chattering children roving in the other direction. ”The one in the garden is much smaller than the ones I’ve seen in the wilds before. And I don’t think he’ll let me…study all of his parts. He doesn’t like me coming onto his branch when he’s there at night.” There was no rivalry with the small creature that wasn’t much more than a handful, just an arrangement. Live and let live, Brig had decided, and they got on fine with that distance between them.

”Maybe a bigger bird than him then,” he wondered, feeling more easy as her own comfort with the busy streets grew. ”If you think I can learn, then I can. And I’ll learn to fly with my new wings.” He was confident, regardless, whether it was warranted or not. She was right though, even amongst like creatures, groups of birds, raccoons, no two were alike. Each had their quirks, their personalities even with behaviors and instincts suited to what they were. Some born to them, others learned. The old raccoon in the garden was an example of that. Wise and experienced in Brig’s estimation, but also set in his ways and not always as agreeable as others might like him to be.

”The Okomo here,” he considered, ”are raised by the Lhavitians aren’t they? From the time they’re born? I don’t see the humans treating them badly. Maybe they don’t know what bad treatment is.” He followed her into the harness shop, happy to leave the choosing to her and the shopkeeper while he waited, and browsed what curious things caught his eye. ”A plan,” he agreed when they left the shop, and with their arms full turned for All Things Wild. Where they could leave these things and get the axe. He was looking forward to a return to their little pond. Not just for the sake of bringing back the fallen log, but it was where they’d first met, and it was more special now than it had been before. As for the tree, it was also like an old friend that would find a new use for itself, years and years after it had first fallen.
Brig
Natural Born Rascal

Character sheet

Postby Haeli on April 21st, 2011, 5:12 pm

She nodded, thoughtfully at Brig's words. "The right bird form will come along and you'll know its the one you want to learn, Brig. It took me forever to pick out an Egret now I am completely enthralled by them. I like how long they can fly without being tired. But some birds are silent on wings, some have very sharp acute eyesight, and some have weapons on their feet that kill fish in a single pass. One will appeal to you and we'll get you working on it. It just has to be the same size as one of your body masses. That's all. And since you are a raccoon, anything from an owl to a large eagle will suffice. Even a vulture. They have great noses, I'm told." She said with a smile, a smile that seemed to say a vulture itself had told her.

They dropped by the shop, dropped off their purchases, and packed up other things they'd need into a backpack that had an axe tied off to the side of it and the Okomo harness inside. Haeli also added a blanket and a flask of spiced wine to the pack so they could take a break from the city down at the pond, and a couple of towels so they could go swimming if they wanted. All Things Wild sheltered them in Lhavit's sea of people, but they still needed the wilderness once in a while.

With that, they left the store, crossed through the gates, and took one of the many pathways down and around, looking for their special place. They walked in silence for a while, quietly, until Haeli spoke at last. "Brig, life in Lhavit isn't what I thought it would be. It's different than I thought, all of it. I guess I thought it would be something else from the stories the sailors told. I want to stay a few seasons, maybe a few years, and keep trying to adjust and to see whats out there and what's for us in Lhavit. But I'm not ready to ... settle. I'm not ready to start a family and be all the things the people in Lhavit seem to be. There are such poor people there and those that have food and clothing to feed them do nothing but tend to keep them poor. Those houses - Twilight, Dawn and Dusk, seem to control everything. I don't understand that either. I'm trying too, but its hard for me to see why the people are so competitive with one another when there's plenty of abundance everywhere. I also can't understand why those that have nothing don't take charge of themselves and make sure they do something to better where they are." She said softly.

"Humans are confusing. Being human is almost the worst. I hate that I was born this way. That I was left or maybe even tossed away. Sometimes I wonder if there was a storm at all. Maybe Ozantha was just being kind and some woman traded me to her for food." Haeli said softly as they walked, not meeting Brig's eyes. "You are so lucky to be kelvic.. to be part of this world outside and yet part of the world inside too." She said softly.

"I... I'm telling you all this because of something else. I want to help Lhavit. I want to make it better for both the people and the wilds this city invades."
She kept walking as she talked, looking serious now. "I had to leave the Gyvaka because there was no reason left for me to be there. There is a reason for me to be here though. A very important reason. The city needs a witch, these mountains too. I can make life better here for people and the wilds, even if in a small way. i want you to help me if you would... if its something you'd enjoy. You can come and go as you please... stay or leave, enjoy being human or kelvic or raccoon. I just want us to be friends, and friends tell each other about these things... about goals, dreams, even secret desires. My secret desire is for exactly that. Exactly." She said, smiling at Brig, marveling at how he was taller than her. She gave him the rest of hte day to think about it and weigh his options. They harvested the wood they needed for their magnificent front counter, even if Haeli had to drag it up the mountain in Okomo shape herself. They installed it in all things wild and with that were able to test the plumbing for the indoor stream and not worry.

When they were done, they retreated to the landing, enjoyed a quiet evening together.
Haeli

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Whimsy on December 16th, 2012, 2:03 pm

Experience Award

Haeli

Exp
+3 Morphing
+5 Observation
+5 Organisation
+2 Seduction
+1 Writing

Lores
Expectations for a Shop in Lhavit
Brig: A Fulfilling Friendship & Bond
The Kelvics of Kalea: An In Depth Look At The Nature of Kelvics & Their Bonds
Marcus Kelvic & How Kelvics Came To Be
Gods: “Better Versions Of Ourselves”?
The Nature of “Bondmates”
Dhani Mating
Exploring The Bond with Brig
Shopping Processes
Kissing

Comments
Haeli and Brig had the loveliest relationship. Such a shame to see him gone. Please subtract 125 kina from your ledger, and you can add the purchases to your inventory. This was a truly lovely read. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away."
Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Words: 121180
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous