PM to join [Kova's Well] A Copper for Your Thoughts (Orion)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Kova's Well] A Copper for Your Thoughts (Orion)

Postby Sybel on November 29th, 2012, 12:03 am

"If I'm a good judge of character, though, I must ask, what does that make you?” Orion grinned impishly. “You're the one spending a to this point innocent evening with this wretched deplorable, yet handsome and irresistable man. Tch-tch-tch. A judge of character, you are not." He leaned in closer and whispered, adding: "Not that I've got any complaints. I find it much easier this way." Shaking her head in mock disdain, she just laughed. “To the contrary, I’m quite good. You’re not as badly behaved as you pretend,” the Benshira accused, jabbing him lightly with her index finger. “In fact, I think you might actually be a nice guy under all that wenching and self-destructive behavior. You wouldn’t be so honest about it otherwise.” It was logically sound, in her mind. Most men who were truly deplorable weren’t as acutely aware of it as Orion. Every joke seemed like half a warning, a signal to stay away. He had ‘damaged goods,’ written all over him.

"Isn't that why it's better to not make any plans at all, Sybel?" He seemed genuinely interested. "I mean, let life take you where it will, because it's going to do it anyways.” She nodded along. Once again, it seemed their opinions aligned. It was becoming alarming. Sure, she wasn’t promiscuous. But the other behaviors? The drinking, the bad jokes... Always keeping people at arm’s length. Did Sybel really reflect in the same fashion? It must make her look cold, unreachable. That was a depressing thought. “Certainly makes for a fun ride,” Orion continued, oblivious to the grim turn of her thoughts. “Unless it sits you down in Syliras, of course. Then entertaining conversations with doctors will have to do." His steady flow of speech kept her engaged. "No, that's not too bad at all."

“Well,” she responded thoughtfully. “I think you should always have a basis. Though life may thwart our best laid plans, let us lay them anyway. I don’t allow things to deter me like that.” The desert woman’s eyes became misty. “I can only be what I am.” The remark was nearly out of place. But to her, it made sense. She would travel, make plans and hope for the best. There was no other design for her to follow.

If he’d ever seen a glassbeak in his life, it certainly didn’t manifest in his reaction. He seemed particularly unflapped. "Sybel, I've come face to face with three angry women at once. Yikes, that was a bad day. And I've still got all my parts." The laughter returned in earnest. "So we've all got our epics to spin," he concluded lamely. “I figured your tail-chasing had to end badly sometime.” She ribbed, raising an eyebrow. “In all seriousness however, I am impressed. You must be a sprinter.”

After a quick exchange with the bartender, they had the ball rolling once more. "See, not so bad, is it? Though I'm sure you've had more than one man offer you a drink, am I right?” For that, she rolled her eyes before he had a chance to. “Sure, you have to deal with sleazy folk like me trying to do unspeakable things, but you don't have to fork out a copper for drinks,” the Doctor pressed on, oblivious to her jesting exasperation. ”Sounds like a fair trade to me. I'm still recovering from you buying me a drink, after all."

“Oh whatever,” she grinned. “You owe me nothing. That you should know about me by now. It’s your fault we had a bad night anyway. For being so free with your affections, you’re quite jealous when the occasion strikes.” Her accusation came out sweetly. But it was true – she attributed that grand failure to Orion, not herself. Everything would have gone smoothly had he not taken the whole ordeal personally.

"I am wild, full-blooded and a trifle reckless." - Ser Arthur Conan Doyle
Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 310247
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 29th, 2012, 5:48 am

Orion

Orion reached up and bit his index finger with a fake guilty look plastered on his face. "Ooops. You got me. I'm really the greatest, I swear." Was it self destructive, really? He wasn't so sure. He'd been destroyed already, so at worst he just wasn't rebuilding. It was a sobering thought, regardless, so he pushed it aside and elected to avoid that topic for now. Besides, her eyes had misted up. That wasn't something Orion was used to seeing this early into an evening. They weren't of joy, after all.

"Sybel, did I finally find the line I'm not supposed to cross?" He gave her a wide eyed glance, a sort of nervous excitement coursing through his veins. "I mean, I've been searching for it all night, I just didn't expect to stumble across it so suddenly." Orion took a deep breath before continuing. "But yeah, I hear you. Life's gonna do what it's gonna do, but you've gotta try, hmm?" The ebb and flow of their conversation was quite something to follow. Both of them were constantly hiding behind humor and well intentioned barbs, yet every now and then something like this would come through. She would guess a truth about him, and something deeper would appear in her persona. An interesting woman.

"I know it might come a surprise, but I'm unsuccessful more than I'm not. How I don't have a permanent hand shaped mark on my cheek is beyond me. I'm almost immune to the effects of a good slap, though. Silver lining, right?" There were so many tales which could be told here, but maybe this wasn't the time. He still had the slightest of self control, but the drinks could potentially have something to say about that. "It's strangely good for my health, I must admit."

He smirked while she took her jabs at him. The woman was quick on her feet. "Me, jealous? I haven't the faintest what you're talking about. I'd say territorial more than anything." He nodded, bringing his hand to his face to rub his stubble thoughtfully. "Yes, that's what I'll go with. You spurning me, while sad, wasn't the end of things, as you can see. I may have also been drunk and emotional. Yikes." He turned away slightly, letting his vision rest behind the bar. "Oh Sybel," he began, his voice and expression contemplative. "How do you read me so easily? Is it our similarities? It throws me off, I must admit." He turned back to her, facing her in his seat. "Not many can call me out so plainly. How...refreshing."

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sybel on December 3rd, 2012, 4:04 am

Once again, the sarcasm came freely. He too, had that unfortunate affliction it seemed. "Ooops. You got me. I'm really the greatest, I swear." The Benshira would roll her eyes yet again if it wasn’t for that fact she’d already done it three times that night. But it was endearing, the way he always managed to deflect a compliment. “Keep doing that and people will get the wrong impression. They might think you’re humble or something.” Her teeth gleamed in the flickering lantern light as she smiled. It was difficult to know exactly what to say with other people, but not with the doctor. They were working on a lovely dynamic.

"Sybel, did I finally find the line I'm not supposed to cross?" His eyes widened suddenly. "I mean, I've been searching for it all night, I just didn't expect to stumble across it so suddenly." Sybel gave a jocular laugh, and then stifled it with a swig of ale. Orion took a calming breath and trudged on, responding in a slightly more serious tone of voice. "But yeah, I hear you. Life's gonna do what it's gonna do, but you've gotta try, hmm?" He had the right of it, then. But his attitude was that of a drowned man. Why claw to the surface when you were so far down? Who cared? That thought prompted a deeper drag from the mug of frothing liquid.

"I know it might come a surprise, but I'm unsuccessful more than I'm not. How I don't have a permanent hand shaped mark on my cheek is beyond me. I'm almost immune to the effects of a good slap, though. Silver lining, right?" Like he was one to look on the bright side. Sybel gave an amused little snort, head shaking for the umpteenth time. He certainly did elicit a certain degree of exasperation alongside the amusement. No one ever accuse the man of being an easy shell to crack. Only liquor had that illustrious ability. "It's strangely good for my health, I must admit."

“You are a Doctor, so you’d be the expert.” The woman added, looking over to make eye contact. “Maybe if you continue your endeavors you can ascend to godhood. Orion, the patron saint of lechery.” Raising her mug in salute, the bartender who’d been keeping a surreptitious ear fixed on their conversation, raised his as well. The gesture worked well in tandem, and she winked appreciatively afterward before taking a heady swig. The fire of the alcohol began coursing through her system, that delicious easiness beginning to help her unwind.

"Me, jealous? I haven't the faintest what you're talking about. I'd say territorial more than anything." Oh, for someone who didn’t have the faintest a second earlier, suddenly began to qualify the statement. He certainly was backsliding there. "Yes, that's what I'll go with. You spurning me, while sad, wasn't the end of things, as you can see. I may have also been drunk and emotional. Yikes." A wretched combination, as was clearly demonstrated the night previous. “Drunk and emotional? No one could have guessed the two went together.” None of the jests were intentionally cruel, but bold. Then again, what was the woman if not bold?

"Oh Sybel,” Orion said thoughtfully. "How do you read me so easily? Is it our similarities? It throws me off, I must admit." Though she’d never met anyone so similar to herself, Sybel couldn’t say she was surprised. Perhaps being born the fairer sex was more of a blessing she’d initially realized. That way she wasn’t as obnoxious as her male counterpart. Her smile returned broadly. "Not many can call me out so plainly. How...refreshing."

“Well I’m a merchant. I’ve spent the better part of my life reading people. Some one as eerily similar to myself as you are? Well I think I can hazard a guess here and there.” The understatement was intended to be amusing. “Seriously though, I’m having great fun. I apologize for misjudging you.”

Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Orion Michaels on December 3rd, 2012, 3:53 pm

Orion

He glanced around nervously as she spoke. "Don't say that so loud. My pristine reputation couldn't handle such falsehoods." Humility wasn't something the doctor would think about often. Was he arrogant? To a degree. He did, after all, believe that he could bed any woman in Syliras. Orion preferred to call it confidence, misguided as it may be. "Handsome and humble. How do you resist?" The blue eyed man licked his lips to accentuate his point before letting out another hearty laugh. "Goodness. I'm bound to have abs like an Isur by the time this night is through," he said, rubbing his stomach.

Orion paused in his ramblings long enough to take a drink from his mug. She seemed content to listen to him go on and on, but why wouldn't she? Free drinks and entertainment in a city where nothing was truly free. That was it's own little reward right there. "Hmmm. Orion, God of Lechery," he mused, joining the other two in a toast to himself. "You might just be onto something, Sybel. I'm not meant to be who I am. Something more awaits me," he said, somewhat dramatically. "So tell me. Would you pay your respects to the God Orion?" His grin betrayed any innocence as to what that would mean, any pretense of humility quickly evaporating. "I hear he's very good to his followers."

Truth be told, the previous evening held nothing more than snippets of activity in Orion's mind. Tourmal was there, and so was Sybel, of course. That other Drykas and some other woman. It sounded like the start of a crazy party, but Orion was nearly a bakers dozen mugs in at that time. Belligerent wouldn't even begin to describe how a drunken and upset Orion could act. It was probably for the best he didn't remember, but at the same time, all he could offer were hollow apologies for his foolish display. "Sometimes it's nice to just be drunk, eh? The emotions can take a break and leave us be."

Once again Sybel's response was spot on. If they were so similar, she was surely as big of a mess as he, Orion figured. Yet even Orion wasn't one to press that matter. She'd offered him the same respect, and now they were two wanderings souls simply sharing jests and drinks. "If you're this locked onto people you need to get out of the city as soon as practical," he said, chuckling down at his mug. "There's nothing worth reading here." Pausing for effect, he quickly added. "Except me, of course. It's good fun, Sybel. And don't worry, we all have our faults." He smirked at her, eyes twinkling in the dim lights of the tavern. The ridiculousness of him saying that to her wasn't lost on the doctor.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sybel on December 3rd, 2012, 4:52 pm

Orion abruptly looked to and fro, his expression sly. "Don't say that so loud. My pristine reputation couldn't handle such falsehoods." Pristine was a fun adjective to use. He had a way with word choice, which is how she assumed he managed to bed the great number of women he always seemed to imply. "Handsome and humble. How do you resist?" With a lick of his lips, he broke down into laughter again. The feigned sex appeal just struck her as corny. Goofy and good natured, only lightly seasoned with sincerity. Sybel knew he’d stopped trying to bed her for the moment at least. “Goodness. I'm bound to have abs like an Isur by the time this night is through."

“Well I’ll have done you a service there.” She remarked, her straight face a mask of irony. The mug sitting in front of her was quickly being drained by the lusty attack on its contents. Sybel could boast an abnormally high tolerance to the stuff, but at that rate the two of them were set to be plastered… And there would be no accounting for where she’d end up the next morning. Still, the idea of what lived beneath his drawers scared the holy hell out of her. It was no offense to the handsome man that sat to her right, but… Sybel had traveled and seen enough to hear stories regarding promiscuous men and the “gifts” they tended to leave behind. If he truly tasted that many women, then by extension his junk was more dangerous than the desert prison of Hai.

That analogy almost sent her into a fit of giggles. "Hmmm. Orion, God of Lechery," he tested the name. "You might just be onto something, Sybel. I'm not meant to be who I am. Something more awaits me,” and yet more inspiration for an eye roll. "So tell me. Would you pay your respects to the God Orion?" The doctor was the picture of innocence. "I hear he's very good to his followers." Goodness, he did know how to lay it on thick. A part of her wanted to patiently explain her previous thought, but it was the sort that might be taken offensively and so she let it lie. “Orion the God has more than enough bedwarmers, I think.” Sybel offered him an arch look. “I’m just another volume in the same series.”

"Sometimes it's nice to just be drunk, eh? The emotions can take a break and leave us be." Deciding to take a more serious approach for a moment, she nodded. “What I just said stands, you know. I get the impression its not often you can hold a conversation with someone like this, let alone a woman.” Yep, there was the playful eye roll. “In all seriousness however, I really wanted to say I’m enjoying myself. Though you wrestle with the boundaries I’ve set, I think you can understand. Plus,” her expression suddenly became self-mocking.

“You have adapted by tasting too many, and I by tasting none. I lost someone once. He’s most likely dead.” The alcohol’s fire prompted her to continue. The tale was not one she’d uttered in years. “He… I could have had a life, a family. But I was scared. Deluded. Let’s say I ran from the thing I had never even thought to dream of. It was an unforgivable crime.” With the end of that sentence, she drained the pint. After a swallow, she concluded. “I haven’t forgiven myself and I don’t know if I ever will.”

"If you're this locked onto people you need to get out of the city as soon as practical," Orion advised. "There's nothing worth reading here." Oh, she’d found that out no more than a day after she’d arrived. It had always puzzled her why there was never a strong urge to stay in Syliras for long. Now she knew why. His degenerate smirk was laughable, and so she laughed. "Except me, of course. It's good fun, Sybel. And don't worry, we all have our faults."

“My only fault lies in being a moron.” She sighed. “And of course, misjudging a drunken, belligerent doctor who obviously just needed a friend.”

Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Orion Michaels on December 3rd, 2012, 5:53 pm

Orion

"Indeed. What I need is to become more irresistible." Orion didn't fancy himself anything particularly handsome to look at, but his dry humor and quick tongue had a way of disarming if nothing else. It worked often enough, and seemed to be working this time as well, though the course was different than his normal one. Still, the idea of rock hard abs was an exciting one. Yet the ale would ensure that wouldn't happen. Another mug drained cemented that thought in the doctor's head. Thank goodness for cheap drinks removing any ridiculous thoughts of improving ones health. Said the doctor.

He'd had plenty of bedwarmers, this was true. Many lonely nights spent with companionship, despite the absurdity of that thought. Names yelled and names forgotten, lives remaining unchanged. Sybel wasn't a name Orion would forget, and despite his words, he was resigned to the fact she wouldn't be one he yelled. "Well, my loss," he said, smiling as always. "And it's true. Very rarely does my conversation with the fairer sex have pure motives. I don't think you've got any worries, though, do you? You're on to me, after all." Orion motioned for another round for the two of them as they both neared emptying theirs, listening quietly as she began to bare her tale.

So she was in pain, she had suffered as he. To look at opportunity, to have a chance at happiness and not take it. To have a chance and watch it be ripped away. Perhaps that was human folly, always wanting more, when what they have is truly that. Orion would think these thoughts from time to time, but they were far from clear thanks to the sweet burn of the drink in him. He could feel for her, regardless, though this is where their paths diverged. Her's was a choice made to avoid it, his a choice ripped from his hands. He nodded solemnly in understanding of her words and her struggle.

"Lyla," he said simply, sitting there quietly for a few long ticks before looking into Sybel's eyes. "She's who I run from." He couldn't bring himself to expound. Saying her name, well, it was the first time he'd uttered it aloud to anyone in seasons.

"Sybel..forgiving one's self is the hardest thing you can do. What ifs will eat you alive if you let them. Gods know I have." Advice easier to give than take, he knew. Years had passed and nothing had changed for him. Several mizas richer, but cursed with a wound which hadn't even started to heal. "So a moron you are not. Just a human. Just Sybel." Sighing ever so slightly, he began to run his finger around the rim of the mug. "Yes, a friend. Amusing that two people who might just have the tiniest of insight into one another will finish up their drinks and never see one another again. Such is life, hmm?" He hadn't intended to be so somber, but as the booze hit, so did those all too unpredictable emotions they'd discussed.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sybel on December 3rd, 2012, 7:58 pm

Orion seemed to take her statement as a challenge more than anything. "Indeed. What I need is to become more irresistible." Sybel was tempted to tell him it wasn’t possible, but it wouldn’t do to feed an already inflated ego. The thing was fit to burst for all the compliments she paid him. Then again, just as quickly the woman rescinded them with some sideways remark. Ah, the give and take of life. Once more, at her rejection he seemed particularly unflapped. "Well, my loss," he said with a teasing grin. "And it's true. Very rarely does my conversation with the fairer sex have pure motives. I don't think you've got any worries, though, do you? You're on to me, after all." He motioned for another round of drinks, which was sure to arrive as quickly as the first. The doctor’s coin was very good at the Stallion, she noted. Something she’d already guessed.

The next part of the conversation, he seemed to struggle with. As if something was urging to break free from his chest. Somber, pensive even, his supple mouth set into a grim line. That was no good – wasn’t this supposed to be a happy occasion? When their mugs had been refilled she took another sip, still observing him in silence. Then suddenly, he spoke. "Lyla," was all he managed. The amount of effort it seemed to involve was as if she’d wrested a tooth from his very mouth. His gaze locked hers for a moment. "She's who I run from." Something knew, a little piece of Sybel had comprehended this. The worst pain always came from some relationship, some mishap. Mizahar was a dangerous land. Death was near contagious. Losing someone… It was altogether too easy.

"Sybel..forgiving one's self is the hardest thing you can do. What ifs will eat you alive if you let them. Gods know I have." Their common ground, revealed. "So a moron you are not. Just a human. Just Sybel." Almost tired from the revelation, he sighed. "Yes, a friend. Amusing that two people who might just have the tiniest of insight into one another will finish up their drinks and never see one another again. Such is life, hmm?"

“His name was Vanator. A Drykas. He was an Ankal’s son.” Another sip of liquid courage, and she might be able to muster a bit more. “I... I was afraid. My Mother died in childbirth, my Father was murdered and my only friend went off into the wide world. She’s probably dead, too.” Sybel stared deeply into her cup. “I was afraid of love and what it meant. I’d never had it, and sometimes what you don’t know can scare the petch out of you.” Shaking her head, she tried to conclude it. “So I went. Last I heard his whole pavilion was killed off the in Djed Storm. I’m not operating off a hunch, unfortunately.” The tale was nearly done. “Went home, back to Yahebah. Realized my idiocy. My relatives drive me to drinking.” Punctuated with another sip. “I went off to Mura in order to find his sister, that friend of mine. Wonderful healer. By the time I got there, they said she was gone.”

Shaking her head, she sighed. “I know I’m human. Life won’t let me forget that unfortunate fact. Every near death experience serves as another reminder. But, I find happiness in these little places. In between the cracks there it lies – like right now. I don’t expect some long story from you, but I thought I’d share mine. It kills to lock it up, hold it down. Like a cornered animal, it struggles free.”

The alcohol was definitely making her a tad chattier. “Would you like to meet again? I leave on the 18th day, not quite tomorrow.” Sybel’s hopeful smile was tentative. Where did that date come from? Perhaps ASAP translated into a number equated to "a couple of days."

Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Orion Michaels on December 4th, 2012, 3:26 am

Orion

There it was, more the Drykas. Glassbeaks. Now Vanator? Orion hadn't expected her tale to be one about a man. Quietly, with a tinge of reassurance he spoke. "I know not of the Drykas. Of glassbeaks or of Ankals. But I do know of death. I don't say this to out do you, or one up you." He shook his head, half laughing at his own words. "I just say it that you know I understand. My father, my mother, my Lyla." He took a long hard charge from his mug before speaking. "And I know of love, too. I've mentioned her name a time or two tonight." He reached over gave her a gentle touch on the shoulder. "I'm sorry for your loss. If he could make you feel this amount of regret, he must be an amazing fellow. With as much as you've been through, I'm sure he can handle himself. A little thing like a Djed storm couldn't possibly stop him." He didn't believe his words, and for all of his sleazy ways, he'd never really established himself as a good liar. He hoped she'd see the intent behind his speech. "After all, Sybel. You've traveled how far and made it alive? Have some faith." A bit of truth. She'd certainly made it a fair distance.

"Sometimes a friendly stranger is all it takes. When they are traveling, all the better. We share this mug, share our tales, clearly we won't share a bed, and then move on." He gave her a playful shove, nearly falling from his own seat in the process. The ale was hitting him hard now, so her suggestion to meet again another day sounded like it was probably the best way to go. "I've got a lot going on tomorrow, but if you're free the evening of the 16th or 17th, I'd be more than happy to have another experience before you leave. I never did get around to telling you of Shunberth." He stopped, his eyes widening at his pronunciation of Sunberth. "Yeah. I'm shloshed." He stated before bursting forth in laughter. "One more spectacular night before the potentially best duo in the history of Mizahar splits up for who knows how long. We owe it to the world and us!" The exaggeration was with great purpose, and the grin on his face as he looked over at Sybel was one that said he'd forget about the past, at least for a few moments. "It'll take me awhile to get home, though. I'm too old to drink like this several days in a row."

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sybel on December 9th, 2012, 5:59 am

The Doctor seemed puzzled at her descriptions, but responded nonetheless. "I know not of the Drykas. Of glassbeaks or of Ankals. But I do know of death. I don't say this to out do you, or one up you." He spoke in a quiet voice, touched with condolence. "I just say it that you know I understand. My father, my mother, my Lyla." That last name seemed to grip the poor fellow in an unspeakable sort of heartache. Sybel realized how vastly his opinion of her must have changed, to open up as he had. After a long drink, he found the will to continue. "And I know of love, too. I've mentioned her name a time or two tonight." They truly were kindred in that respect. The two of them soaking their miseries in ale, drowning the memories. Lightly, he rested his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry for your loss. If he could make you feel this amount of regret, he must be an amazing fellow. With as much as you've been through, I'm sure he can handle himself. A little thing like a Djed storm couldn't possibly stop him."

The Benshira gave a strangled sort of laugh. “How quixotic,” she thought aloud, nearly choking on the word. Life in Mizahar was no children’s fable. Sybel was certainly no damsel worth saving and Vanator for all his strength and courage had still just been a man. Still, it was sweet that Orion found her worthy of what little comfort he had to offer. "After all, Sybel. You've traveled how far and made it alive? Have some faith." Now there was a bit more substance to that. She had survived the elements. “Faith would be belief despite all evidence to the contrary.” The woman’s gaze was lost amongst the patterns in the wooden wall. “I don’t know if I can allow myself that much. In this case, it seems more like a state of perpetual denial.”

"Sometimes a friendly stranger is all it takes.” Orion gave her a little nudge. “When they are traveling, all the better. We share this mug, share our tales, clearly we won't share a bed, and then move on." Oh yes, back to that. The doctor was like a slingshot; despite how far he stretched, his disposition faithfully snapped back to sarcasm. In the process of his nudge, he gave a precarious lurch to one side. The beer must really be setting in, she thought with a smirk. "I've got a lot going on tomorrow, but if you're free the evening of the 16th or 17th, I'd be more than happy to have another experience before you leave. I never did get around to telling you of Shunberth."

Orion’s slur was a grand indication that he indeed was drunk. Again plucking the thought from her head, he grinned. "Yeah. I'm shloshed." Incredulous, the woman raised both eyebrows. Could she really handle her ale better than a grown man? Perhaps it was the fact she’d drank nearly every night since her stay in the capital of pomposity. "One more spectacular night before the potentially best duo in the history of Mizahar splits up for who knows how long. We owe it to the world and us!" His grand declaration sent her lightly chuckling. “The sixteenth works for me,” she assented.

"It'll take me awhile to get home, though. I'm too old to drink like this several days in a row." Rolling her eyes for a final time, she deftly hopped off her barstool. “You’re hardly old, sir.” Smiling, she looped his arm around her shoulder. “I’ll help you get home.” Her eyes were kind, filled with compassion for an old friend. The pair of them teetered out the door, and off into the cold night.

Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Chevalier on January 14th, 2013, 8:33 am

Sybel

LORE
  • Retrospection
  • Orion is All Over the Place
  • Forgiving Yourself

EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Philosophy 1
Rhetoric 5
Interrogation 4
Seduction 3
Persuasion 4
Storytelling 3

Orion

LORE
  • You Just Got Sarcasmed
  • Sybel Has a Like Opinion of Syliras
  • Sybel’s Loss

EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Rhetoric 5
Seduction 5
Interrogation 5
Persuasion 3
Storytelling 1
Subterfuge 1

Storyteller Notes

Secret :
” …his junk was more dangerous than the desert prison of Hai.” That was the funniest thing I have read it a long time, haha. A most potent social thread that I believe I've graded most potently appropriate, but if you have any additional stuff, feel free to PM me.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous