Diamond in the Rough

Grasis // In which Hadrian gets a clean bill of health and meets a boy with no memories.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Diamond in the Rough

Postby Hadrian on November 20th, 2012, 4:03 am

"Of course," he said, fluxing a modest amount of djed through his body because it looked like Kasai might fall asleep at any moment. Hadrian was just a bit obsessed with cleanliness lately, not wanting anyone to fall ill as he had done after the auction last season. His fever had lasted well into autumn, and it had been horrible, even tearing at his dreamscapes that ought to have been protected by his gnosis.

When Kasai stood, Hadrian was there, and he helped him over to and into the tub, making sure he had his arms over the sides to keep him from slipping in. He wouldn't drown with a hydromancer present, but an ounce of prevention was better than a pound of cure, or so it was said. He took a sponge, squeezed it underwater to suck up some of the heat, and squished it over Kasai's head.

"You'll be able to sleep without fear tonight, Kasai."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Diamond in the Rough

Postby Grasis Deviil on November 20th, 2012, 4:32 am

He was dreaming. He had to be, this was nothing like anything he had ever experienced. He was floating in warm nothingness, Hadrians voice all around. This is what it must be like to die, if dying could ever be so pleasant. He felt the warmness fall over his head, the water waking him slightly. He knew where he was, he was being bathed. Bathed by the man who had rescued him, the man that he felt as though he loved. Even if he only considered Grasis as a kid.

Sleep, yes. That felt right. He should be sleeping. But, without fear? There was always fear...or was there? Hadrian was going to be there, so he said. And what could harm him with Hadrian around? This man was a genuine hero. That was the one thing he was sure of.

As water was sponged onto his head and into his hair he would lean his head back and smile, "Will you sleep with me?" He would ask between yawns, his hair matted to his face, framing it messily. "I'ma be afraid if not."

As he says that his eye's would close again, the warmth of the water lulling him back into oblivion. He didn't care anymore. "This is wonderful, I miss this" he'd say as he slips in and out of conciousness. He couldn't get one of these now with his new life. Something about that thought should have been important, but he just couldn't think enough to care.
Grasis Deviil
Player

Words: 22191
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Diamond in the Rough

Postby Hadrian on November 20th, 2012, 6:01 am

The somnolent kid didn't see those storm-brightened eyes cut to him curiously, and he had to wonder if a lad with such a comely face hadn't been abused here in Sunberth. It would certainly lend to his desire to forget, if he had forgotten things on purpose. His heart hurt for the damaged and the lonely, and though he knew he ought to send word to Trente and his associate's son, Matilis, that he would not return for the evening, there was no way to do so properly.

"I'll be here when you wake up," he promised, and used to the sponge to wipe away a smear of grime from his face. At least that mark was delible, whereas the bruises would take time.

He began to hum some fragment of song that had been tripping around his subconscious since he was a much younger boy and either his mother or some nurse had been watching over him in his bath. Though he didn't know where it came from, it didn't matter much. He had begun to incorporate music into his magecrafting, and here a bit might make up for the lack of healing ability. But children were resilient and Kasai would get better; he had promised this.

If only they could leave Matilis here too, but after the fright with the brigands who had come after his Konti keeper, there was nothing to be done but bring him along. Perhaps he and Kasai would become friends when the time came to return to Zeltiva.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Diamond in the Rough

Postby Grasis Deviil on November 20th, 2012, 6:51 am

Hadrian was going to be there. That was all that mattered. He could fall asleep, secure in the knowledge that Hadrian would be there for him. It didn't matter what happened after. Right now, he was in paradise. And so he slowly drifted off in that water, as he was being washed, listeing to a tune being humed. It seemd to drift through his mind, as if it was coming from everywhere and no where.

With a yawn he would slowly sink down, muscles relaxed, his breathing slow and regular. Oblivion claimed him as he slowly sank into the embrace of the water and that music. A sigh of contentment would escape his lips just as he falls completly asleep in the water. He would have slipped completly under the water if it wasn't for Hadrian being there.
Grasis Deviil
Player

Words: 22191
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Diamond in the Rough

Postby Hadrian on November 20th, 2012, 7:06 am

Kasai was certainly old enough to wash himself, so Hadrian didn't do much more than wipe his wet hair away from his brow. A couple strands remained on his finger, and he carefully folded them in a handkerchief and put them in his bag. Later he would have them cast in a glass bead, and he would have a key to the boy's chavi, which would help him unravel this mystery of his past and find his dreaming mind even from Sahova if he had need.

Keeping an eye on the gently snoring boy, he carefully unwrapped his clothes and laid them out flat. He was the neat and tidy sort. Things would be ready for Kasai upon waking. His old clothes were folded up and set aside to see if they could be laundered; it was good to have spares.

He went and opened the window to let in the fresh air, such as it was. This part of town didn't stink horribly, at least. Glancing out toward the harbor, he knew Trente would be worried, but he would send word before he fell asleep. When he checked in Kasai, the boy's fingertips were like prunes and the water was already beginning to grow tepid, and so he focused his will on extruding res, the colorful manifestation of djed hovering over the copper tub like a fine mist, then coiling upward in a snake toward the window.

Under his will, the water began to whorl up through his tunnel of energy, draining the tub and eventually wicking the moisture from Kasai's skin and letting it fan out down the wall from their open window. When he banished the remains of the energy, he was a bit tired, and moved to close the window. With the remaining fluxed energy in his limbs, he easily hefted the boy out of the tub and carried him over to the bed, murmuring commands as he maneuvered him under the covers and tucking them up to his chin.

Kasai was out of his sight but for the few minutes it took him to go downstairs and send a message through the innkeeper, and then he returned to watch over him. Sitting in the armchair, he eventually fell asleep.

end.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Diamond in the Rough

Postby Twister on January 22nd, 2013, 3:12 pm

Experience Award

Hadrian
Grade :
Experience: 2 Flux, 1 Hypnotism, 1 Singing, 1 Teaching

Lores: Doctor Petricious' morbid practice, A speck of silver in Sunberth's muck, Grasis: The boy with no name, Grasis: Dubbed Kasai Silkfrost, Sunberth: Survival of the Fittest, Grasis: Lost to his memories, Grasis' odd luck finding you, You should probably eat more, Your promise to Grasis: Take him to Zeltiva

Miscellaneous: You pay 16gm 8sm 3cm for the clothes.

Comments: Beautifully written. I enjoyed reading this thread even though it felt a bit heavy to dive in to those four pages. I awarded what I could where I thought it was appropriate and I hope the grade is satisfactory and I could give you something new despite Hadrian being so experienced in what he does already. You portray him very vividly and it's a joy to read. Kudos.

Grasis Deviil
Grade :
Experience: 2 Observation, 2 Stealth, 1 Subterfuge

Lores: The delicate balance of Need versus Survival, Warning: Don't go into the clinic, Rumour: Morbid experiments, Rumour: Those who go in sometimes don't come back, Hadrian: An odd face in the crowd, Hadrian Aelius of Syliras, What is an Aura?, Hadrian's explanation of the Aura, The safety of a simple touch, Hadrian: A stranger who cares, Hadrian's eyes, Hadrian is a fated encounter, My name is Kasai Silkfrost, Kasai means "Hope", Hadrian's promise: Taking you to Zeltiva, Hadrian: A genuine hero

Miscellaneous: You gain Silk Pants, Brocade Vest, Low Boots, Loincloth, Stockings, Cotton Shirt from Hadrian.

Comments: Veyr well written and brilliantly portrayed. I feel bad for Grasis-no, Kasai. It's rough to lose your memories and you do a good job portraying the internal struggle that comes with it; especially in such an insecure environment as the one in Sunberth. I enjoyed reading this thread. You both did a very good job. Kudos.
If you've any questions or concerns about your grade, drop me a PM!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous