Completed Beachcombing

Eleret spends a morning at the beach.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Beachcombing

Postby Eleret on November 23rd, 2012, 10:09 pm

Eleret nodded as Sybel clarified her words regarding Nyka. "That makes sense," she said, now understanding what the woman had meant. The woman's remarks about humans elicit a chuckle and a wry smile from the Konti; certainly when compared to her own race, those statements were true.

Her expression sobered as Sybel gazed oceanward, some cloud of memory intruding upon the bright autumn day. Eleret didn't need her gift to sense the woman's change in mood -- though it brought her that shift nonetheless, in a peculiar and not particularly pleasing blend of something pungent and something else sweetly tart. She didn't spend the time to label the scents with their real counterparts, but watched her companion with a hint of concern.

At the same time, the Konti judged that no words on the subject, here and now, would do other than add to Sybel's distress -- so she simply cast a sympathetic smile over to the woman. Eleret nodded at the subject change, accepting it without demur -- then looked down at the stick in her hands, having momentarily forgotten her errand. "Yes, I think I like this one," she decided. She looked past it at the other pieces below, then bent down and picked up another. "Maybe this also; I will try it."

The wind picked up, and Eleret turned to glance in the direction it came from. It seemed to bring an edge of winter into the sunny day, which she wasn't quite ready to embrace. "I am done here for now, I think; I will go back into the city," she said, looking back at Sybel. "You?"
Eleret
Player

Words: 179278
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 12:33 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Beachcombing

Postby Sybel on November 23rd, 2012, 10:26 pm

Her eyes went alight with comprehension. "That makes sense," Eleret replied. She laughed along with her at the ‘humans’ remark. They were developing an easier way, she thought happily. With a little bit more talk, perhaps they’d actually become closer. That was something, at least. But the end was drawing closer to their little exchange – she could feel it in the shifting of the tide. It was getting later, chillier. The Konti seemed satisfied with her findings "Yes, I think I like this one," she answered, inspecting the piece she held. Then, as if remembering, she knelt and picked up another similar piece. A beat passed before she stood back up and continued. "Maybe this also; I will try it." Sybel gave her a sunny grin.

She turned to face the wind, drawing the same conclusion Sybel had a moment ago. "I am done here for now, I think; I will go back into the city," she explained. "You?" She nodded, assenting. “I do believe its time.” She announced, peering off into the distant sea a final time. Its frothed ridges crept in with more frequency. Turning away, she gestured for her companion to take the lead.

“After you,” she said, gesturing to other end of the beach and ultimately the path that led back to town. “Let’s be off before high tide rolls in.” It was a good idea to be out of the way of nature’s ferocity. Stepping carefully, she followed her newly found companion toward where they both came, high hopes in her heart.

OOCShort post is short. Sorry!

"I am wild, full-blooded and a trifle reckless." - Ser Arthur Conan Doyle
Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 310247
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Beachcombing

Postby Traverse on January 22nd, 2013, 11:48 pm

Thread Awards!

Eleret :
Experience:
Observation 3
Socialization 5

Lore:
Sybel: The Long named Foreigner
Sybel: A Traveling Merchant on Hiatus
Endrykas: Full of Rowdy Drykas
Nyka: A Dangerous Place

Inventory:
+1 Small Stone
+1 Shell Fragment
+2 Sections of Driftwood

Sybel :
Experience:
Observation 3
Socialization 5

Lore:
Extending a Greetings Without Words
Eleret: The Beach Combing Konti
Eleret: Blessed by the Gods
Eleret: A Humble Woodcarver

Shared Lore:
Meeting a New Traveling Companion

Additional Notes :
What a lovely walk on the beach you two. As always Sybel's humorous nature was shining all the way, but what I really enjoyed here was how Eleret's curious and very methodicalness also brought out some more emotional bits from her as well. The way that Eleret worked with common added both humor and a very endearing quality as well. Both of you guys seemed to hit it off immediately, and I am intrigued to see how this relationship continues.

Questions, Concerns? PM me and we'll be to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous