PC to NPC

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

PC to NPC

Postby Sinoa on January 28th, 2013, 12:22 am

I was wondering if it were possible to retire one of my characters and make them into an npc for another one of my characters. This character that I am using to make this post would be the npc. he has no skills my other character would want in fact the highest skill he has points in is flute playing and its only at 23. I just don't have enough time to play all the characters I've made and would like him to appear in solo posts to liven them up a bit. the main focus will still be the main player character and the npc will not help me during training threads he'll just be cute.
If i change my mind and bring him back they will not be in the same town but may mention each other in flash backs.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PC to NPC

Postby Ball on January 28th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Hi Sinoa, I am glad to see another Pycon... Have ya submitted this into the HD? They will be able to assist ya there. =D
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

PC to NPC

Postby Kraken on January 28th, 2013, 4:03 pm

Hi Sinoa,

I think that would be a very cool idea! I would recommend running it by the Help Desk and filling out an NPC application for them to take a peek at. You can find an example application for the two types of NPCs - stationary and travel companion - in the Q&A thread under "NPCs". If he were to be turned into an NPC for your main PC to use, I would assume he'd have to meet the NPC standards.

Good luck!
| Starting Guide | CS Checklist | FAQ | Character Corner | CS Forum |

Important Reminder!
Character Sheets do not require approval for you to begin playing! Once you've made your CS, you can go ahead and RP. "Verified" simply means that your CS has been looked at and there are no errors. Only if an intervention is placed on your CS must you stop RP to address the note.
Kraken
CS Liaison

Words: 162496
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2012, 3:25 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)