Calling All Summoners!!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Evalin on January 30th, 2013, 10:25 pm

This is a call out to anyone and everyone who actively practices, is interested in or holds a mild fascination with the magic of Summoning. This branch of magic is highly misunderstood, often overlooked and lost in the shadows, but no more. We all know the real reason no one does summoning, and its because we have very few worlds to pick from. Well no more. I am calling for anyone who loves the endless possibilities of this world magic to come together with me to help me with a project. To help me fill the universe with worlds which we can use in our craft!

Now I know your first thought is you have to start coming up with your own worlds, but I would first like to point out to everyone that we already have several worlds pre-approved and in the world development thread already. One is already on to Founder Review and just needs to be pushed on to completion. So then before we start going off and coming up with new ideas, lets look at what we have so far to work with.

Avarte (Peer Review)

Hordevium (Peer Review)

Nihil (Peer Review)

This next one is not a world but a summonable monster I would really like to see finished up. Would be epic for all of us!

Surge Gliders

Finally we have one world all the way into the Founder Review. This one is the closest to completion:

Hiemaden (Founder Reiview)

Hiemaden's creator is actually still around on Mizahar and I really hope she sees this thread and wants to pick up this project again. If not I think we should push it forward ourselves. So then I call out to all of you Summoners, choose a world and help me bring new life to Mizahar! I have a world approved already and I will hopefully get that in the Peer Review thread before long as well. SO then, lets work together and bring our magic to life! To me my fellow Summoners, to me!
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Thundiirn on January 30th, 2013, 10:32 pm

I'd be happy to help! My character is not a summoner and I'll have to read up on the lore a bit to have the slightest idea of what I'm doing, but I learn fast ;) I'll be of use in no time I'm sure. Reply here or PM me to let me know more specifically what you have in mind
I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher unseen

"Speech" | Thoughts | "Other Peoples' Speech"
Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Words: 62034
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 4:43 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Evalin on January 30th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Great to have you Thundiirn! I am hoping to get some more interested bodies involved and then we can really get started. I want to get some people to help me complete those above worlds and then some to create some for themselves. We would of course peer review each others articles and help each other out to get this stuff done as quickly as possible. A team effort! We all want new worlds, and as V pointed out in chat we need new creatures for some of the old worlds as well :D
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 30th, 2013, 10:47 pm

I would love to help with this! I've already starting planning out a high world of my own creation, but that might still be a while from happening, so I love to help with one of the worlds here!

Do I just pick one, or how does the whole adopting another article work?

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Evalin on January 30th, 2013, 10:48 pm

I would say go ahead and call dibs on a world you want to work on, and I will work out how to adopt the article in a bit for you :D. All worlds are first come first serve!
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 30th, 2013, 10:53 pm

I would definitly be up for trying my hand with the Surge Gliders, and then Vatten, the world they inhabit? I won't be able to get anything solid done till maybe Friday, and then I'll have all weekend!

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Nai'a on January 30th, 2013, 10:55 pm

I am not a summoner (as of yet anyways) but I would love to work on the world Nihil, and of course if anyone else wants to help with it, we can make a collaborative effort on it. Anyways, if you'd allow me to do so I would love to help, and if there is anything specific you may want to see in the Nihil, please PM me! :)

[EDIT]: The creator mentioned them feeding off of Djed, which to me isn't really plausible as they would kill everyone. So instead I was thinking about the Nithim feeding on the life essence of nature, since their world is so blank and dull and colorless, it would make sense. They have feed off the nature that once thrived there, so that is why it looks so lifeless and brittle. Just a thought :D
Due to college I will not be as active as I was. Sorry, but do not give up on me :)! I will reply ASAP
Nai'a
Healing is the art of caring.

Words: 184578
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 6:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Evalin on January 30th, 2013, 11:50 pm

Hey Nai'a! Lol go for it! Oh and Djed is the backbone of everything, including life essence and nature itself. So in a way it already does feed off those things :). Keep coming up with ideas and we can work this out together :D
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Ayda on January 31st, 2013, 1:33 pm

I find summoning really interesting but none of my characters are capable yet. I wouldn't mind helping with this project.
Ayda
Androgynous Celestial Being

Words: 37127
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 4:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Calling All Summoners!!

Postby Tarot on January 31st, 2013, 2:16 pm

Thanks for your efforts. :) Stay tuned for a Summoning-related announcement!
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Next