Absolutely fantastic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Theo Coaststrider on February 14th, 2013, 12:25 am

Hello everyone!

In order to keep from descending into too much self-indulgent nonsense I'll keep things brief. I just wanted to say how excited I was to find this community. I think it's amazing that you all put so much work into making strong pieces of storytelling and I can't wait to get involved with the community.

If it interests you at all, my name is Kevin! I make a living doing a mixture of waiting tables and some account management work when I can find it. I'll be off to study law in the United Kingdom in a few months. Canadian, by persuasion of birth and a West Coaster via transplantation.

My roleplay experience is, for all intents and purposes, all over the map. I've been doing it in one form or another for around a decade but never really dug in to get too serious about it. Always more of a hobby than anything. I've decided to get into it more seriously lately as a way to flex my storytelling muscles and find a place to pump up the word-count. I think practice makes better when it comes to writing and my other hobby projects weren't necessarily cutting the mustard when it came to pure output and variety of story telling!

I'm looking forward to the chance to create an adventure or two with all of you exceptional writers and to learn a thing or two about how to structure a story.

All the Best!
In lieu of a splendiferous image woven of equal parts beautiful people, cleverly deployed photoshop filters and an emotionally moving quote, I've decided to give you a list of words that are fun to say: Architecture, lectern, scripture, splendiferous, engorged and waffle-house.

(Aforementioned splendiferous image is forthcoming)
Theo Coaststrider
Friendly Neighbourhood Something or Other

Words: 72908
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2013, 9:37 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Bethsyliss on February 14th, 2013, 1:00 am

Hi Theo! I love the way you designed your character sheet, I think it's really pretty (though the tabs are off my screen... Maybe you could reduce the font size of the tab titles to make sure any browser will properly display it?). This community is quite amazing indeed as I have found during the few days I have spent roleplaying here. I hope you'll have a lot of fun :)

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Kiran Pelyna on February 14th, 2013, 1:01 am

Welcome to Mizahar! We're glad to have you sir!

Hopefully you get serious about Mizahar, it's a great place and very, very addicting.

If you have any questions feel free to pop into chat and ask the people who lurk around in it. They like to help people, and they only bite occasionally. Or contact a mod, a lot of mods love to help new people out. Elysium has been frequenting the intro forum as well and I'm sure she'll give you better advice than I soon enough, if she doesn't just send her a PM and I'm sure she'll help you as much as she can.

Read all the lore you can too! (I know it's a lot. It still scares me!) We like people who know the lore. They get cake and other goodies for knowing things.

Anyways thats all the advice I can think to give you, like I said Elysium will likely be around to give you better advice....

Well I hope you enjoy Mizahar and I'd really love to roleplay with you sometime.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Theo Coaststrider on February 14th, 2013, 6:20 am

Thank you very much you two! I was able to make a change to the font sizes on the character sheet. I think it's a display issue on my end. They appeared to be normal but someone else mentioned that it looked like I was SHOUTING at them.

Thanks for the heads up about the lore Kiran, fortunately the amount of reading is far from impossible and considerably less dry than some of the things I've had to slog through in my time.

Hopefully we have a chance to roleplay in the future. I think it'll be fun trying to get my sea legs--in more way than one.
In lieu of a splendiferous image woven of equal parts beautiful people, cleverly deployed photoshop filters and an emotionally moving quote, I've decided to give you a list of words that are fun to say: Architecture, lectern, scripture, splendiferous, engorged and waffle-house.

Theo Coaststrider

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Cascade on February 14th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Hi, Kevin! Welcome to Mizahar! I'm glad to see another Svefra, yay. I looked at your Character Sheet and it looks great so far. Btw, note that Svefra characters can start with a mark from Laviku -- just in case you would want one and haven't hopped over to the help desk for it yet.

If you ever need any help, or even if you need someone to thread with (I have a PC in the Suvan Sea too), just PM me anytime. Have fun!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Astator on February 14th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Welcome Theo! Hope you enjoy yer stay!
Which way do you want to go? Up or Down?

Attention Players, Graders, and Storytellers:

A character sheet does not require the green checkmark for the player to roleplay. This is just a notification to all that the character sheet has passed through the Liaisons thorough checklist and meets Mizahar standards.

All sheets with a large red X or a speech bubble beside their thread title do not recieve grades and cannot continue threads they are currently involved in until all issues have been fixed and verified.

She said down...

Template Credit: 'Ello!, Helping Hands and Red-X Gift codes and images are from Firenze.

Image Credit: 'Ello Worm, Helping Hands Hands, and Avatar are all from the movie Labyrinth.

I will be handling all CSL related posts on Thursdays @ 1800 my time *
Astator
Helping Hands.

Words: 101205
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Anchor on February 14th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Yes! The Svefra are on the rise again!

Ahem.

Welcome to Mizahar Kevin, and to the Suvan Sea especially! We're trying to get the domain back into full swing, and it's well on its way thanks to our most recent players, and it's good that we have a southerner at last! It is, after all, the most populated of the three seas allegedly, though PCs tend to congregate around the north for some reason...

Since you are more or less the only player soul in the South right now, feel free to let me or Cascade know if you want any special adventures or whatnot. The South is lacking a bit in both locations and npcs, so feel free to pitch anything you want in particular - or take up the mantle yourself in our development subforum.

Have fun in the Suvan and happy writing!
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting

The Suvan Sea

The Suvan Sea *** Fierce Currents OOC *** Current Events

Black Rock
(Temporary Responsibility)
Black Rock *** Morbid Musings OOC *** Domain Lore
Anchor
Come diving with me

Words: 155953
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 4:21 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Theo Coaststrider on February 14th, 2013, 10:02 pm

Only player in the south? I'll have to start taking a look at the development subforum then. I'll see what I can do to get it up and going again.

Thanks for the kind welcome Anchor, Cascade and Decorum. I'm going to take a minute or two while I plan out special adventures. I'm just cutting my teeth on a solo and trying to learn how to write action, I haven't really done it before.

I'll keep you guys posted! If I can help with anything at all, don't hesitate to let me know.

Theo Coaststrider

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Cascade on February 14th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Err lol, just want to pop in and clear something tiny. We have some players who migrate between the middle and the south (or southern middle, which is pretty close), so no, Theo won't be the only player soul. On the top of my head, we have Maurelle. :P Anchor's right though, we're always open to help in the development, and we'd love to give you an adventure!

Have fun :)
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Absolutely fantastic

Postby Anchor on February 14th, 2013, 10:34 pm

She is heading north Cascade, or haven't you heard? :P As for migrators, they are all in the North right now, so at oresent Theo is alone. Mostly. >.>
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting

The Suvan Sea

The Suvan Sea *** Fierce Currents OOC *** Current Events

Black Rock
(Temporary Responsibility)
Black Rock *** Morbid Musings OOC *** Domain Lore
Anchor
Come diving with me

Words: 155953
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 4:21 am
Office