[Bethsyliss's scrapbook] Sandbox

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Bethsyliss on February 11th, 2013, 4:25 am

When I'm bored and want to write and there are no threads I haven't answered and I've got too many threads going on so I can't make another one, I shouldn't have to wallow in pain while I wait for Mr or Mrs Snailface to post their thing. And I shouldn't have to write privately on paper or word processors (which suck) stuff which no one will ever read. This is my public refuse can for boredom, let it be yours if you like. Rules are: 1) respecting terms of use, 2) no BBC Code allowed (and that includes unformatted links), 3) no judging anyone (that means that if you're angry at someone or strongly disagree with them, you can -- nay, must -- rant as violently and rudely as you need without fear of being reported, as long as rule 1 is applied), and 4) NOT editing your posts, especially after something else had been posted (unless you suddenly realise you inadvertently broke rule 1. then it's not too late). Oh and 5) no blue mods (or red mods for that matter) unless it's rule-1-related. Purple mods and yellow mods and any other color of mod I'm unaware of is okay.
That way this can be a sandbox of the revealing of desires with no fear of reprisal. Aren't I just awesome for making this awesome space. Not a question.
Just to be clear on rule 2, smileys don't count as BBC Code so you can use them as you like. Just not too liberally coz then it just gets ugly and messy.
------------------------------------------

I tried to make this as rule-free as possible but in order to do so I had to make up additional rules to clarify the implications of rule 1. That means that when you're trying to reduce rules, you have to actually add rules to cover up preexisting rules. Rules just suck.

Alright. To all of you slow posters or shy posters or real-life-busy posters out there, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER PEOPLE. You're just worse than short-message posters. If you're just not sure what to post on your threads because the plotline is too hard to follow or you're not sure whether it fits the rules or if your co-poster's gonna like it, just come and post here. No one's judging. Just write something and share it with word-hungry me. And don't sleep. Sleep is for losers and weak people. It makes us all out of sync coz we all live in different places. Let's all stop sleeping or just agree on a timezone we'll all stick to. Never mind real life. Writing is better. And I rock. Yup, that's right Mr Cheetah and Mrs pretty-woman-who-roams-around-Ahnatep-with-her-glig-on-a-leash. And Mr and Mrs Really-Slow-Mods.

Phew, glad that's out of the way. It's just a damn shame I didn't leave rule number 1 to "rule number one in sandbox is you do not talk about sandbox". Rest assured my Marla impersonation is way better than my brad pitt impersonation. On the web there are two pictures of me standing behind Helena Bonham Carter. I JOKED with the woman. JOKED. I should get a medal for bragging rights because I'm so awesome.

Also, writer means a hypocrite who needs things called characters so he (or she) can use them as emotional dumpsters and puppets to fulfill his or her desires in said his or her imagination. Fictional doesn't mean fictitious. Yeah. We're terrible people. Emotional dumpsters. I like that. I'm awesome. Just not in the mood for being adorable if that's what you're thinking.

I'm out of ideas for ranting even though I feel better when I rant about true or not stuff (I don't really care whether was I say is right or wrong, you know), so now I'm going to talk about happy stuff. My PC is in love! Yay! I wonder if a Kelvic can impregnate a Dhani and if they can then I want to know if the baby is a venomous cheetah or a really fast snake. I mean, that's the type of thing my PC's mind is set on. Sex. You know.

Oh, so I'm told from someone that Mizahar is actually pronounced Mizahar. Yeah, I can tell you can't see the difference, because I can't when I reread what I just wrote. You're supposed to pronounce it M[uh]zahar with a weak i and not M[ai]zahar with a strong i pronounced as in "I" like "my". But that just makes it sound weird, because in English, the accented syllable should be a strong phoneme. So logically depending on the syllable you want to stress, you'd have either: M[ai]z[uh]har; or M[uh]z[ay]har. You just can't have Mizahar the way some people want to say it. And they correct you like they know English phonetics and it just racks your nerve, you know. That's it. Ranting again. Feels reaaaally good.

Okay sandbox slash scrapbook. Slash. Funny word, "slash". Slash. Alright, time to sleep. Goodbye fellow Mizaharians (don't really know which syllable you'd stress coz it needs to be the last, penultimate or ante-penultimate and the first "Mi" is way too far down the syllable count). Use this sandbox for good or evil as long as you don't break the goddam rulez.

Syliss, angry and tired
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bethsyliss on February 11th, 2013, 6:47 pm

So I've stayed up late playing on Mizahar or waiting for someone to post something I can join in a very awkward physical position for ten days now. My neck is in pain and I have bags under my eyes. It probably couldn't be more worth it. But I have this drive to write and see my character evolve and other players don't seem as dedicated. Maybe PCs aren't spread out around the world of Mizahar enough. I think the map is twice as large as it should be and there are twice as many forums. Too many of them are inactive and some of them only barely. The game might have benefited from being smaller, encouraging players to mingle and meet more people, enabling events to happen more frequently in cities and so on. Concentrated activity certainly isn't a measure of how fun the game is; but if you look at it the other way around, it does enhance play and appeal to players more. I just think people are neglecting the more neglected cities just because they're currently being neglected, if that makes any sense. Give new things a try. Go on adventures. You'll meet awesome people. And if stuff isn't happening in your area, try a little harder to produce appealing plot that will bring players to your threads. I'm trying. I'm not very successful at it yet but I believe in it. Some day I'll take over the world. I don't know. Empress Bethsyliss. It has a nice ring to it.

I'm trying to get more PCs to join Ahnatep by recruiting in the Introductions forum. If I get to the players before they've even decided where they're gonna start, they might think it's a good idea to begin their adventure with someone who has greeted them and guaranteed they will be their RP partner if they happen to be in the same area. Plus, I'm new. Newbies tend to stick together and sometimes more experienced players like to teach the newbies (or take advantage of them. whichever). So hopefully some good will come out of all this.

Write, people. Never stop writing. Writing is the stuff of legends. Be a legend and write awesome material (or crap, like I'm doing here. either way it feels good). I'm off to fix myself some dinner -- but to those on the other side of the planet, have a good day if you're a good person and you're gonna use your precious time to do some writing.

Syliss, hungry and... just hungry
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bethsyliss on February 12th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Some things got rather blown out of proportion today. I got yelled at by a person with a nickname in a colour I cannot name. A nice beetle came to my rescue. The angry person got angrier. A BLUE intervened. A blue! I must be a star if I get that kind of attention. Such fun.

I did get an important point though. Some peeps seem to have missed the point of this sandbox. It is intended as my haven for hate and love, a personal experiment, a space to let off steam (alone or with people (WHO ARE NOT BLUE) (OR RED) who are as bored as I am when I write this junk) AND a place for what the French call "ironie" or "dérision" -- rhetoric devices intended to voice dramatic slash (slash!) irrelevant slash (slash!) unacceptable material, thoughts and statements. SLASH. Basically one shouldn't forget about rule hash I-Can't-Remember-Which-Number-Because-I'm-In-The-Tube-And-Couldn't-Be-Bothered-To-Check, which states no one is to be judged on grounds of what is said here. It's just meaningless ranting made public for amusement. Coz you know. Mister Cheetah and Miss Gligston. My to-be husband and to-be wife. And others I may have mentioned. Love them. Despite their slowness.

So if people can't appreciate the cynical humour in my tone, perhaps because of language slash (slash) cultural barriers, bad moods or just no taste for my peculiar sense of humor, then they shouldn't read on. Coz I don't love you. Not anymore. Though I still accept bribes.

Write, peeps. Write and don't rage away. You just manage to trole yourself when you do that.

Oh, and peacocks.

Syliss, confused and amused
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on February 12th, 2013, 4:52 pm

I have to say I've never seen a more negative scrapbook. And look, I used code. :P
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Bethsyliss on February 12th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Lo, avert thine eyes all thee, for a BLUE hast employed CODE thusly breaking rules 2 and 4 or something. Stand back, damnèd creature, lest thou be sent back to the cyber-nether by way of logical impossibility; for thy crime is much akin to that of dividing by naught. See thou the errors of thy ways, and may thou be forgiven if the matrix permit: as god of this section of the interweb, thou hast stated that each player's scrapbook be regimented by said player's rules; and in the terms and use thou hast produced since time immemorial (there actually is a precise *date* for time immemorial, it legally means something like the period of Richard Lionheart's reign), in those terms, said I, thou hast commanded that moderator's rules be applied; yet thou art one moderator, and in breaking my scraprules, thou hast broken thine own, and surely the collapse of the whole interwebz will follow.

Or, you know. I've just been overruled... Rules suck. Which region are you in charge of Bossamer?
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bethsyliss on February 13th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Just read someone telling about the loss of their best friend. It brought tears to my eyes. Tears of sadness and tears of joy; because I saw that someone being supported by many friends, and I am grateful that in this world there is so much love despite all the hate to make up for the terrible pain of loss everyone experiences in one form or another. Memories never stop returning, like whispered calls from beyond; daily events keep reminding of the past like an ever present ghostly ominousness; and that special place in the heart never stops bleeding from that incurable wound. But sometimes, after a while, it stops hurting so much, and all the suffering becomes the irreducible fragment of long-gone joys to be cherished for as long as the soul hold on to it. It's always there, but moving on doesn't always mean letting go. But sometimes, the pain persists. Some people get used to it and stop minding it so much; some people don't. We just have to live with it. Let's be thankful if there's somebody there for us and share our grief for the sake of those who do not have somebody to support them. I send all my sorrow and love to those people.

On a brighter note, I got to eat someone's chocolate mousse at lunch today because they were running late for class. And it tasted really good.

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Elysium on February 14th, 2013, 8:38 pm

e
You spelled "troll" wrong.

e
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Bethsyliss on February 14th, 2013, 10:00 pm

How curious that you would point it out.
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bethsyliss on February 17th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Found a new RP partner. This is so much fun!
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Thofa on February 23rd, 2013, 3:56 pm

Ohh a new rp partner eh? Are you gonna eat him now or do you want him in a bag to go? :O Gawd i need to get my own stuff together so I can finaly start my own rping, just been super busy with big exam that i finaly got out of the way yesterday. Atleast I am now typing in all my history and gonna put it up soon if my deciding ability permits. Just looking at you're threads and feeling I'm alot behind! Haha :rolleyes:
Thofa
Player

Words: 9626
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2013, 12:12 am
Race: Kelvic

Next