Question for the future use: Gnosis

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Kayle on February 15th, 2013, 8:52 am

In future I wish to acquire a gnosis from the goddess Priskil. I have a few questions to ask though.

1) When i decide to start the thread, do i have to have a Mod with me?

2) Assuming the '1)' is a yes, who do I ask to mod the thread? The founders or the Domain Storyteller?

3) With this goddess do i need to join her cult, or can I just worship her?

4) lastly is about worshipping. Is it like work, do you have to submit it to special office or are you given a mission by the god?

- Thank you for reading,
Kayle Monworth
"Kindness is the weapon I wield. It's sharper, stronger and more powerful than any blade, and it penetrates someone's heart better than any arrow. it's power doesn't only come from the wielder, but from the hearts of many as well. Kindness isn't a weapon that should be taken lightly."

- Kayle Monworth
Kayle
The Wanderer of Benevolence

Words: 34696
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2013, 12:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on February 15th, 2013, 9:15 am

1) Yes. Gnosis threads must be modded, and it can only be done so by a DS and above. That means DS, RS, Founders can, while AS and JrSTs cannot.
2) Ask your local DS or above. The DS will get the associated Founder's approval for you.
3) If you mean "join her cult" as a "Move to Taldera and serve as an acolyte/priest", then no, you have the free choice. But by definition of Priskil's personality, being marked by her means that both of you are mutual friends, which also means that you're technically a member of the cult. For example, Stitch is in Taldera in Priskil's Order, but Jilitse and Xalet are followers while doing their own stuff as well (Jilitse as a wizard and Xalet as a knight).
4) You can worship in several ways, but that really depends on which gods. I'm not an expert on Priskil so I won't say. There is also a subforum called "Divine Connections" where you can post your prayers to Priskil.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on February 15th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Also, since you are still under 50 posts, I think you can still apply for Priskil's gnosis through the HD.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sira on February 15th, 2013, 7:31 pm

In regards to the worshiping question, it is different between each god, and also varies from player to player. Priskil isn't big on being the center of attention, worshiped, and all that. While you can certainly pray to her and stuff, and she might even answer, Priskil's followers are her friends. They enjoy a more friendly relationship with her, rather than that of god and follower. And for Sira specifically, she worships through her actions, and rarely actually prays to the goddess.

And no, worshiping isn't like work threads. You aren't required to do a certain amount each season, but instead you should include your faith in every thread you do. You don't have to pray in every thread, but your character should always try to live by the standards of the god/goddess they uphold. Worship is as much passive as it is active, so it's all up to you how you do it. I do know if you get a gnosis and then completely ignore every aspect of your god, you will never get a second one.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Hope they were helpful.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Xalet on February 17th, 2013, 7:11 am

In regards to question 4, I actually specifically did a video for exactly that question. You can check it out if you want here.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)