What is it that you desire?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Miria on December 20th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Always a subject of interest when regarding your character. Though I haven't done too much with mine I have a good idea of what I wish for her.

For me I want Miria to be able to live her life with no regrets. Many choices lie farther down the road and whatever decisions she makes for her to be satisfied without looking back.

I might have different values for my character so I was curious what you secretly desire most out of all for your character.

Limit yourself to one answer. A simple question. Have no guile in your responses and be honest with yourself.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tatiam on January 19th, 2013, 5:03 pm

I like characters with flaws, that have many gray areas in their judgments, feelings and thoughts and that are ever evolving--their personality has too many facets to be confined to a few words.

Consequently, what I desire for my characters the most is for them to grow and develop. I want to see them stall, change, get over some problems, encounter new ones, have a hard time dealing with some and be as complex as I can make them be, but stay believable, recognizable, somewhat realistic for living creatures.

I'm sure I'm far from achieving that yet, but it's what I usually have in mind for my characters.
Tatiam
Dreamscape artist

Words: 60520
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Irowyn on February 17th, 2013, 8:26 pm

What I want for Irowyn? This may sound somewhat cruel but eventually, I want to kill him off. I want to turn him into a ghost PC.

Irowyn is the ultimate control freak. He wants to eliminate all instances of luck and coincidence from daily life. He hates the idea of fate and predestination especially when thinking about chaos and meaningless death. After getting to play around with his baggage for a while, I want to kill the character and I certainly want it to be less meaningful than he would have hoped.

Then, I want to bring him back as a ghost so that I can kick those personal demons into overdrive. Its not that I'm totally masochistic, I want Irowyn to have some good times along the way...It's just that he's a character defined by his demons.
Irowyn
Victory through Madness

Words: 48796
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 9:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Aaryn Broadbent on February 17th, 2013, 11:09 pm

What do I desire most for Aaryn? Knowledge. That's pretty much it. I don't want a character who's based around a fighting skill really. The ultimate goal right now is to live among as many of Mizahar's societies as I can and write about them.

Also, I do want to become an unwilling disciple of Eyris and take that reluctant relationship as far as I can. That's pretty much it for now though.
Aaryn Broadbent
Functioning Alcoholic

Words: 10879
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2013, 9:45 pm
Character sheet

Postby Pyra Swellcutter on February 18th, 2013, 12:20 am

the original concept for my character was denied and ill need to rethink it over.
but what i aspire for my character once i do establish who they are is quite ambitious. i hope to make something happen in mizahar. i hope to shake things and help mizaharian evolution and to some degree be a defining element in history that changed or molded it one way or another.
In character, "Dialogue in Common." "Dialogue in Fratava." 'Thoughts.'
Pyra Swellcutter
Player

Words: 5454
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2013, 3:31 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Vick on February 18th, 2013, 12:32 am

Pyra - If you need help please let me know and I will try to help you.

_

What I desire with Vick?

Master Malediction and research new things within the magic even try to add more to what a person can do with it. Along with testing it on live subjects by using the magic on his or her limbs.

To help Rayage seek out his own goals while pushing forward Vicks goals of one day being Archmage of Sahova.

I think that is one of the longest goals I have for Vick. To become Archmage and rule the city somehow even if it means making a civil war within the island.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Mienskil Ostovik on February 22nd, 2013, 3:03 pm

Ooh, discussion! I want to join!

I have a few characters, but I'll stick to this one because my goals for my other guys are a little too either ambitious or local to be of much interest (and because Vick posted here too). In short, I want Mienskil to be remembered for what he does: Magecrafting. Years from now, I want his name to be the one spoken of when people talk of the history of the science.

To do that, I want to make a weapon. A powerful destroyer that can ravage with ease and destroy at will. Non-destructive projects are also a big thing, but nothing says power quite as forcefully as a weapon. I have an idea, but it will remain jarred until I am both more capable to build it and the idea itself is more structured. If Vick aims to take over the Citadel by force, then Mienskil will eventually be able to provide the weapons to make it a reality.
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting
Mienskil Ostovik
I'm not dead yet!

Words: 73916
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 7:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes