Kuvarakh's Scrapbook - Go Write Ahead

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Kuvarakh on February 23rd, 2013, 10:33 pm

Switched it all to my plotnotes instead. Leaves this open for other things.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood."
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on February 24th, 2013, 11:44 pm

I don't know if any of you are into courtroom drama. I love it. I love well-crafted dialogue.
This is both a war movie and a courtroom drama. Court-martial to be exact. One of my favorite movies of all time.

"Breaker Morant"

Three Australians are set up as scapegoats so the British military can show their "consistent justice", by convicting three of their own, to deny Germany political cause to join the Boer War on the side of the Dutch. They shot a German missionary who was a spy and shot prisoners in accordance with standing orders to do so by high lords and ministers who are conveniently unavailable during the trial.

They assign a defense attorney who has never done more than property cases and wills, and is given only a single day to prepare, thinking this will ensure their conviction, but the guy is awesome.

He ultimately loses, of course, he never had a chance. But the judges have shame written all over their faces by the time he finishes his summation. This is that summation, and it just gives me chills. Very near the end of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgMs0rFA2TU

And this part from near the beginning. You see the defense still reading case documents as the case begins. It starts out seeming that everything is going to go as planned, but the defense just tears the first guy apart. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BowVFge7L_o

Sorry that the sound is off a bit.

Kuvarakh

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on March 8th, 2013, 5:36 am

*sigh* -
Of course...As soon as I link them, they are removed.

Very well then, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYp2-K-3Go

early scene at 21:00

summation at 1:20:35

Kuvarakh

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on April 3rd, 2013, 4:19 am

I was "Indisposed" the other day and heard something that sunk me into the most gorgeous melancholy. My autistic son gets on binges of certain songs and will try to play them over and over for days. I try to be on top of this and get him to switch to something else, even if it's just a different song. To try to break the pattern of obsessive repetition. But I couldn't help myself this time.

It was not Youtube he was listening to, though that's where this is obviously from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAixR2zz5yw

He was listening to a VHS tape. "Tales of Peter Rabbit". Before you roll your eyes, just give this a listen. This is the closing theme. It's an amazing song for the end of a children's show. It's no wonder he would listen to this without end. I used to do it as well. Back when he was no more than two. Back before we found out he was autistic. Back before my wife lost "the ability to cope" and I ended up with full custody of all three kids.

It is sweet and slow, quiet and haunting, and absolutely beautiful. The image montage is magnificent. There are several available, but I like this one just slightly more than the rest. Must be the shot of Capricious they snuck in there. ;)

Kuvarakh

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Eridanus on April 3rd, 2013, 4:26 am

Try to convince him to play those songs on the piano or violin instead. That way, mindless repetition is actually productive ;)
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on April 3rd, 2013, 7:27 am

ERI!!
Good to hear from ya!
Maybe I can get him some little Casio thing. In an apartment a violin is not likely to go over too well.
Trouble is, a lot of his music obsessions are Disney-related and are full orchestra, but there IS usually an overriding melodic theme that could possibly be separated from the rest.

Here's another one he likes as well as I do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhVa9fIgseo I love Jeff beck.

Here is a showcase for ungodly talent. Nobody plays guitar like Jeff Beck and nobody plays bass like his 18 year old phenom, Tal Wilkenfeld.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC02wGj5gPw&list=PL4AA902B174FBC137 Well...she was 18 at the time.

Anyway...WOW, I've just doubled the number of posts in my scrapbook!!

Kuvarakh

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)