[Bethsyliss's scrapbook] Sandbox

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 10:25 am

Lovin' the skull, Vick.
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vick on February 26th, 2013, 10:29 am

Yeah Phoenix did a good job with it. Helps sets the mood for Malediction and the fact he likes to be a child still.

Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 10:34 am

The child's stare reminds me of something put I can't quite put my finger on it.
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jester on February 26th, 2013, 10:36 am

Psychologically speaking, it gives an idea of what you may be like. Sometimes it is accurate, sometimes not, but one can't know when one only speaks in riddles. Riddles are fun, Jesters know this better than anyone, but at the end of the day I take my jingly hat off and there's a person underneath.

A 5 year old tends to think and experience quite differently from a 15 year old, and a 15 year old from a 25 year old. Sharing an age can give other players an idea of what one understands and has dealt with. It doesn't make sense to relate to a 15 year old by talking about college in most instances, for example, any more so than it makes sense to talk about higher-level chemistry with an english major in many instances.

Males, females, hermaphrodites and any other sex one might be also can think and experience quite differently, especially depending on their age. For instance, one can assume that a male in around the 5-12 year range has not had much experience with females, and that most if not all of his friends are also male (at that age children almost entirely self-segregate by sex, which is why many hermaphroditic or androgynous individuals tend to feel rather disconnected from their peers when they don't fit in either group). Males tend to enjoy more physical confrontations, which may be represented by what one chooses to RP about. Females tend to focus more on emotion and try to have more empathy for others, they may prefer to RP more social threads. I've definitely seen this trend in my short time so far as a mod while grading the threads of both male and female players, regardless of their PCs genders. If you truly identify as hermaphroditic, that's perfectly acceptable. However, considering your other answers I'm guessing that was just bullshit, and it's rather uncool to pretend to be something you are not, especially a group as stigmatized as that. It can cause plenty of unintentional damage. IC, I hold no issue with it. If someone wants to "try on that skin" in a fictional environment, to try and imagine what it would be like, that is perfectly acceptable. People RP things they aren't every day, and it's generally recognized that they don't truly identify with many of the things their PCs do and therefore that their PC may not be a perfect representation of the group they're identifying as. But unless you are truly hermaphroditic, please don't carry it OOC or you risk offending people. Just Jester's little friendly rant on gender/sex/sexuality. *salute*

While it by no means is always going to be accurate, these trends can give people a general sense of what you'll be like as an RPer, or at least give them an expectation, and knowing/suspecting more about how you'll RP can make people more willing to do so with you. Many people (not all, but many) don't want to get into something they know nothing about, that can include RP companions.
Created by the Wonderful, the Fabulous, the Mysterious, Coltyn!
Jester
Grade Monkey

Words: 19637
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 3:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Imass on February 26th, 2013, 10:41 am

All I hear from you is whoopty whoo and blah blah blah. I have to tailor my shit for you because if I just spoke normally you wouldn't understand me the same way I don't understand your gibberish

long story short a lot of the stuff you said on your scrap point at to me that you are not ready for mizahar, but other things show me that you have potential.

I wander if you have the capacity to learn or the patience to stay here. Why are you even here? Have ya asked yourself that? Have you decided yet why your getting negative responses from people? Does this bother you?

I think I already know what your going to respond. Btw speak slowly, I don't have a quick mind whatever the hell that means,,,,
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 10:45 am

Jester, be careful with generalizations or condescension, especially when you yourself claim to know nothing about the person you are dealing with.

Imass, if you know what I will respond, then what is the point in saying it?
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Imass on February 26th, 2013, 10:52 am

Whoopty whoo

Edit: that's what I thought
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 10:55 am

Prove it.
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jester on February 26th, 2013, 10:55 am

I'm quite careful with them, my dear. That's what all the "tendings" and "sometimes" were for. Tell something about the person we're talking to, and there is no need for generalizations.

I try my darndest to avoid being condescending, and don't feel my post was in any way such. So I'm not really certain what part you are referring to. Feel free to share.
Created by the Wonderful, the Fabulous, the Mysterious, Coltyn!
Jester
Grade Monkey

Words: 19637
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 3:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Nira'lia on February 26th, 2013, 10:56 am

I read Jester's post and I sensed no condescension. On that note, coming from you, that's quite a funny thing to hear. Anyway, I sense a lot of bad air in this scrap and I can't see how this is going to lead to something healthy. It would be really nice if we all took a step back before it becomes uglier. But that's just my two cents.

Yeah, I rolled back in.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

PreviousNext