[Wrenmae's Scrap] Reanimated Affections

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Wrenmae on February 27th, 2013, 12:34 am

I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE!

:(

Your apology video is just gonna make it woooooooooooorse :(

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Phoenix on February 27th, 2013, 12:55 am

You love me. Make me a video.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Wrenmae on March 28th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Swapbook

Freaky Friday Character Swap
(Brought to you by Thursdays, Wrenmae’s Fridays)

Credit to: Philomena for the idea, Jules for the encouragement and the name

Synopsis: Swapbook is the process of writing for another character. With so many multi-faceted and interesting faces on the site, it’s only natural to MADLY FANTACIZE about being some of them. Now’s your chance. Swapbook is the game where you get to put on another face for a while and write a scene with the character. Given that this is a crazy bizarro alternate parallel dimension sorta thing, you can be pretty free-ranged with the situation you want to portray. The game only calls for a single post, but don’t let that discourage you. If the spirit takes you, write to your heart’s content. The little writer in all of us who likes to see our work appreciated probably would just dance in excitement. But, all games must have rules, so without further babbling...

1. You must have permission to write another character. This permission can be obtained (preferably) through their scrap (Or swapbook if we make that sort of thing) Permission can be garnered in two ways. The first way is asking for it on the player’s scrapbook you want to write. Be polite and if they say yes, quote it in the same post you write the character post. The second way is if someone asks you to write their character in YOUR scrap (And imagine the flattery!). One of the two must be present and for every post, quote the permission above your writing so we know you aren’t being too gung-ho about all this

2. There are no points. No one ‘wins’ anything persay…but if you count love and admiration as prizes than there’s plenty of those to go around. We’re a roleplay community, a collaborative writing club. We grow off of our own constant immersion in eachother’s writing. Looking at the interpretation another has for your character might be valuable in the next step you want to take.

3. Obviously, as far as content goes, we want to make sure this stays in Mizahar. Likewise, as part of the challenge is to write within the mind of the other character, you are encouraged not to take them too far out of how you interpret them. The writer may disagree on how you portrayed them, but do so to the best of your interpretation. As writers we are not always aware of how we are presenting our characters. If you write a character one way and the writer intended another…well, that’s valuable information for the writer to grow off of.

4. Be awesome- If someone writes for your character, consider doing them the service of writing one back. Ask writers you like to give your character a try. It feels good to know someone appreciates your work and talent, so don’t be shy about asking people to write for you.

5. I’m thinking about making a thread somewhere…or something, for people to sign up for the Swapbook. Those who sign up in the thread will be the pool of those who can ask and be asked to be included in the Swapbook challenge. Don’t see a name there that you want to write? Go ask them if they’d be willing to throw their hat in the ring!

6. Have fun. No. Seriously. Or I’ll plague you.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Philomena on March 28th, 2013, 2:48 pm

I have a Swapbook! I have a Swapbook! Thanks Collin, my dear one, for being a genius...

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic32663.html
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Phoenix on March 28th, 2013, 3:02 pm

I think permissions should be done via PM and filled out by either party and the quoted at the top of the swap. So maybe both parties fill out something like this... (Please feel free to add/change. I'm doing this all on my phone)
Name:
Swapper Name:
Permission to write:
Approved subjects:
Writing Swap for:

So if I was swapping with Wren, I'd fill out...
Name: Jules/Aidara
Swapper Name: Collin/Wremae
Permission to write: Aidara
Approved subjects: anything but sexual intercourse

And then he would fill out one giving me permission for him and we each post the appropriate one, quoted, at the top.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Wrenmae on April 12th, 2013, 6:31 am

Hey all. Sorry for how unceremonious this is and for all those I'm threading with right now...I know I've been slipping lately, and there's good reason for it.

I need to take a little break from Mizahar to deal with some immediately pressing real life matters. When I get them sorted out I should be back at full capacity.

I'll definitely miss you all and I can't give a date on my triumphant return...what I can say is that I'll keep posting when I can, albeit pretty slowly, till I can get this all worked out.

Best wishes all and thanks for being awesome.

-Collin

P.S. I should still be on aim, skype, and cell. My aim should be underneath my profile picture somewhere and the rest...well, you know if you have it.

Ok! I'm off!

*Leaps into a plot hole*

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Wrenmae on May 3rd, 2013, 6:06 pm

Unexpected opportunity! I'll be heading to New York next week from Monday to Friday to see an old friend and talk shop about living opportunities. I've never been to the Big Apple so I'm excited for the new experience. I may be a little spotty on attendance that week

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Wrenmae on October 15th, 2013, 5:03 am

You Can't Always Get what you Want

Otherwise titled: The Universe is a Slippery Fellow

About a year ago, I started praying to the Universe. At a time where Catholicism seemed a little stifling, but having no faith at all seemed aimless, this was a decent middle-ground. I figured, so long as I wasn't too direct about the entity I was putting my thoughts out to, I wouldn't run into the theological quandary of deciding exactly who or what that WAS.

I spoke to the Universe like it was a friend of mine, talking openly outside beneath the moon and the stars about my dreams, my ambitions, my day, and my desires. At first it was just to get my thoughts out there, acquaint this unknowable something with my soul and personality, build a rapport. I didn't start asking for things until a month or two later and I was surprised to find that my requests were granted.

Nothing ever came straight away, and not always in the way I expected it, but every prayer I put out was answered within two months of me asking. Trust me, I asked for some stupid stuff at first...but when I was given them, I found I didn't really want them all that much to begin with. Humbled by what felt, to me, like a spiritual response, I began doing it a lot more often...not really asking, persay, but talking...and with far more respect.

To clarify, I find meaning in a lot of things. Every person I meet, get to know, and become close to are there for a reason. Nothing is useless, nothing is wasted. I believe that so long as I do not leave any opportunity unexplored, I will not be wasting my life. So when I met this girl a few months back, I knew (as I do with all people I meet) that she had been brought into my life for a reason.

Now, we didn't meet in any traditional way...crowded bar of low murmuring pick up lines and loud conversations, or through any mutual friend at some ten person shindig. I met her online through a social site that I had joined out of a whim years ago. Honestly, I hadn't expected anything and perhaps that was why it was all so surprising. We jived on so many different wavelengths, shared stories, secrets, ambitions, creativity. Perhaps it was subconscious at first, by my heart jumped the gun (as it sometimes does), and I started developing feelings for this girl.

Now, beforehand I had asked the Universe to let me meet my Soulmate...of all the requests I made, that was the only one that hadn't been overtly acted upon. At the time, I thought this was the girl the Universe had meant for me to know.

Well, it turned out she was already in a committed relationship...and although my heart had leaped in front of that speeding car called 'foolhardy decisions', The rest of me had wisely held back from shooting myself in the foot and saying anything to suggest I liked her more than a friend.

So I saved myself the embaressment and went back to the drawing board.

At the time I was sure she had been the one...I mean, I thought she was giving me the right signs, showed the right interest...but perhaps I could have misjudged. Reflecting on it, I landed on the lesson that the Universe wanted to tell me not to be too hasty.

I'm still fairly young and so by dangling this fantastic girl in front of me and then revealing her heart tied to another, I was being told that perhaps I was looking to meet new people for the wrong reasons. She's a good friend now, and we still hit it off well, but I had honestly thought there was something more there at the time.

But I think I came away with the valuable insight that life is too short to be hung up on the 'ideal girl' or 'ideal boy' or whatever. I like people because they're fascinating. They have interesting stories, ideas, ambitions, and lives. Perhaps by looking for the possibility of a relationship because of so many similarities, I missed the big picture that a relationship is a relationship no matter how you spin it...I shouldn't be so hasty to get into the big and heavy of emotional dead-lifting...at least not without being sure where I want to exactly be.

I sometimes still wonder what it would have been like if I could have had a chance to go on a date with her...but I think a little wistful longing does a heart good...seasons a writer's mind for the dramatic and the romantic.

I'm not sure what I wanted to say with this post...other than to simply share a little snippet of my curious life. Thanks for dropping by to read it.

As always, write well and stay awesome,

-Wren

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Trente on October 15th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Thanks for sharing, Wren.

This reminded me so much of something, something I couldn't just put my finger on, and thus spurred a good hour pouring over pages of old journals. And, aside from realizing my handwriting is still quite awful I realized just what it was. You were right, wistfulness, curiosity, romanticism. I miss that from what was apparently just a few years ago. I guess us youth do change fast, like "they" say. I feel like a totally different person now, living a totally different life, but you got me to slow down today and look back, remember about those little miracles.

So even more so, thank you for sharing.

I am going to set out today in attempts to opening my eyes to these things again. Peace <3

Also, she is getting married in January, we dated for three years in high school/jr. high. I couldn't be happier for her, but it wasn't easy getting here. More than enough tears shed, back when I had those. Don't be afraid to cry some even over the ones you only know for a week, or a day, or a moment (of are friend-zoned.) I just hope you walk away with the same certainty I have, there is more than one soul mate. The "universe" has a funny way of allowing for free will, choices, and the only "right" choice is the one that two hearts choose together.
Trente
Player

Words: 244388
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 1:53 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wrenmae on October 15th, 2013, 6:29 pm

I couldn't have asked for a better response to this.

Thank you for that, Trente.

That means a lot.

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext