Quest Just a Harmless Inquiry (Haeli)

The mystery of Haeli's lineage, revealed

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Just a Harmless Inquiry (Haeli)

Postby Elysium on January 22nd, 2013, 2:37 am

23rd Day of Winter, 512 AV

”It’s worth a shot,” the youth said, hands deeply embedded in his pockets. A light breeze ruffled his chestnut hair. It was a worthwhile theory, though the discerning patriarch would take some convincing. His older counterpart regarded him coolly. ”Sumo,” he replied. They moved across the trim lawn in synchronized steps. ”To think I’ve searched for years and never thought to look right under my nose.” Altelo couldn’t suppress a grin. ”It’s not worth the effort.” Right on top of that however, the younger brother pressed on.

”The timing is curious, I know. But she’s the right age and I’ll be damned if the gift doesn’t breed true.” He shot Altelo a sideways glance. His brother sucked in breath, preparing the rebuttal. But instead their walk was cut short, Nosumo rounding on him. ”Look, if she isn’t right… At the very least we can offer apprenticeship. Rumor has it the girl is a talented morpher. She’s the type of student that can bolster a reputation.”

The patriarch arched a brow. It would be too much to deny him. But what was in it for Nosumo? His younger counterpart continued: ”Not that we need the help,” punctuated by a wink. That sold it. How much harm could the inquiry cause? Sighing deeply, Altelo Twilight conceded. ”Alright. Just ask her how she came across the heirloom.” That was innocent enough, and he had to admit he was curious. Weisur’s anger over the whole affair had been forbidding. With the Day of Discord and his brother's demise, the matter had begun to truly weight on Telo. Who was this Haeli, girl of All Things Wild? Could she possible be who he suspected? The title summoned an involuntary smile to his lips.

Nosumo knew he had him.

Nearby the Koten Temple sat a large building, skyglass dome facing the hard blue sky. He crossed the initial threshold, appreciating the sun’s blessed kiss. Nosumo rested on his heels for a moment before inhaling, taking in the ruminating scent of earth. 214, Zintia Peak. The locale was ingenious, adapted from observatory to hothouse. There was Twilight in the animism. It was subtle but there. The gift bred true it seemed, among other things.

There was a young woman bent double over her work. That pose also seemed familiar, though in a far different way. He approached the counter behind which she stood. ”Excuse me miss,” he said, offhand. ”I couldn’t help but notice the beauty of your shop and thought I’d take a look around.” A test first. He was no morpher – not like his siblings. But that didn’t make him guileless. The roguish young man looked at her expectantly. She was lovely in a very innocent sort of way, especially her tawny hair.

His fingers drummed at the surface.
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Just a Harmless Inquiry (Haeli)

Postby Haeli on February 27th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Placeholder! I'm so sorry its taken me so long to get to this!
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)