Closed Riddle Me This [Ricky]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Zandelia on March 9th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Spring 53rd – Sharp Tongue Tavern

Zandelia was sat in her customary place within the Sharp Tongue Tavern, her form though colorfully covered in Nykan garb still partly shrouded by the irregular shadows cast by the light sources from above. Under the balcony it was not difficult to stay relatively out of sight so long as she did not move overly much, though the babbling talk that circulated the room did often break her cover in its sheer raucousness. It was not a drunken rabble though, far from it for they frowned upon a lack of self-control each and every one of them. The patrons merely enjoyed involving as many others as possible in their games, relishing the opportunity to test the intellects of those imbibing. She was beginning to reason that it was a way of gauging just how merry one was, that when they could not solve a simple mental quandry it was a signal they had had enough. She smiled as she listened to their verbal exchanges.

Oh how I have grown to love this establishment, a place where the main aim is to spar with one’s mind than to dissolve it in the wheat beer they serve. I could almost live here forever…almost she mused as she sipped from her first drink of the afternoon.

“Alright they Yeller, you’re turn seeing as you guessed it a’right! Give us something tough, something to stretch us” a group closer to the bar shouted, a challenge to the bartender whose nickname they had used. It was wise to ask Yeller for a real problem, he had heard them all before and usually did not intervene unless people were really stuck for the answer – to keep the games moving she presumed.

She watched him thinking, his eye were a window into a mental jig-saw that was infinitely complex in its nature. She was not much younger than her but she knew he could best her in the realm of riddles he could best them all. She rather enjoyed his ones over the others, he actually put thought into them rather than repeating one’s that hadn’t been heard in a few days or had been garnered in the markets of the city. Trying to solve his ones were almost like a badge of honor for the one who succeeded. She had spent a number of days within the building and had got a few, enough to earn her place there so long as she kept it up. Still, although her clothing of bright greens and reds gave the illusion of belonging they knew she was a foreigner and their respect was begrudging at best.

Still beat the lot of you a couple of times though you picky boozers she smiled at a two whom had looked back at her, eyes piercing as if daring her to take the challenge.

“I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?” Yeller posed them his riddle, as silence followed, deep thought replacing revelry for a few moments.

She watched as they guessed periodically, drinking and slapping themselves on the back as they did so, Yeller shaking his head with a faint smile upon his lips. She knew his real name was in fact Alex Eolla as he had told her it as a reward for solving a few posers here and there. He knew she sought information, a few of them did it seemed as word spread quickly, but she was only given it when she ‘performed’ – like a puppy she observed wryly. She wondered how much it would take to actually formulate enough of a bond with the man and his patrons to make full use of them. Not that she hadn’t got a lot already,y even by sitting there and listening she had heard, and now possessed, a few decent tidbits of useful information. She knew their names, for example, their professions and – within reason – how affluent they were, all of that by listening and watching them. That served her well enough in some ways but was gratingly little in others.

Still, I got a few tip offs on disappearances and reappearances of people and a few notifications of unusual occurrences and even a few rivalries that want settled. Good enough she chuckled at that sentiment, good enough was not something she usually accepted.

“Oh alright then missy, if you’re so smart with your laughter why don’t you tell us what it is then?”

“Yeah, use that mouth for something other than lookin’ like a doll” came the responses to her audible chuckle, a poor slip of her demeanor that twisted her lips slightly.

She thought for a few moments as she was weighed by them all, yet again. She tried to ignore it as she rolled the problem about in her mind, head tilting to the right as she considered. Eventually a broad smile lit up her face and she gave them all a smug look that she knew would annoy them more than anything else.

“A shadow?” she asked Yeller, eyes locking to his momentarily as she paused in drying a cup and smiled, nodding slightly as the group at the bar rolled their eyes and cursed their lack of intellect at ignoring obvious truths.

“Oh come on! How can she get it when we can’t?” one of them asked the world in general.

“Because I use the brain in my head and not the one lower down” she countered, inspiring heckles at the speaker and laughter once more, the tension in the air dissipating.

“Alright, what’s yours then Your turn…Amelias” they asked her, finally using her alias name for the first time that afternoon.

“I run over fields and woods all day. Under the bed at night I sit not alone. My tongue hangs out, up and to the rear, awaiting to be filled in the morning. What am I?” she posed them.

She left them to their quarrelling as her attention was grabbed by something else – a newcomer.

Last edited by Zandelia on March 16th, 2013, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Ricky Maze on March 9th, 2013, 10:39 pm

Ricky entered the Sharp Tongue Tavern for two reasons, for booze and the possibility of information. If Ricky learned anything from his journey it was that taverns, pubs, and inn's were valuable sources for rich information. From the latest gossip to the recent rumor, there could be all sorts of information. What he didn't expect was to hear the bickering and wild guesses that came from the men that all sat together, together they were trying to solve a riddle of some sort. Something about running through woods, sitting under the bed alone, and waiting to be filled in the morning. That's what he could gather between the mumbles and random guesses that came from the group.

'This is strange tavern.' He admitted to himself, after he finally took a seat. "I'll have some ale please." He asked the bartender, who finished drying off a mug. Shortly after a mug was places before him, and Ricky kept to himself while the men kept guessing.

"Yeller, you have any idea what it is?" One of them asked, the other men of group turned their attention on him. Ricky couldn't help the chuckle that worked inside, as he took a drink from the mug.

'Riddles and puzzles. Definitely different from the Kelp Bar back at home.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Zandelia on March 10th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Zandelia watched the scene unfold with growing amusement from her shadowed corner, rippling light occasionally basking her face in a glow within which others could see her lips curling into a smile, growing across her face as time passed and the lack of an answer was forthcoming – or at least a correct one. The guesses were infinite in their variety and were increasingly borne of desperation as their minds were proving lesser to a despicable foreigner’s, that sort of event could not be allowed to stand. In truth she could not care less if one found the answer or not, the intention had been to prove her worth and she had done that already by forestalling them for a while. Her interest was more focused upon the other foreigner now, dissecting him as he procured himself a mug of wheat beer, or at least that was what it looked like from where she was sitting.

A strong man, burly and upright, though he walks a little strangely for a foot soldier. A rider then, perhaps? Clothing does not look overly tattered so he must have some of quality, or enough coin to purchase the new when he sees fit, or has the chance. Yet…he does not look the type for this place, less well versed in tongue and more in weapon. Still…surprises are wont to happen she mulled the man over, taking in the contract between his dark, golden streaked hair and his sapphire-like eyes.

She had only seen eyes like that from one group of people, generally from the Drykas though he did not look overly like one of them. She had found her own form of puzzle now and she would see it solved, to her own satisfaction. She noted how he kept himself apart, a wise decision in the rest of Nyka but almost asking to be baited in the Sharp Tongue. That meant he was either a masochist or he had not frequented the establishment before – a new arrival in the city perhaps. Certainly she had not taken note of him in the Safe Haven Hostel and she would have most assuredly remembered him had she seen him. His mannerisms as much as his appearance contrasted with the Nykan around him clearly. She finished off her wheat beer and flicked her hand for a passing serving girl to take it away from her – she was beginning to adopt Nykan traits like that, the assumption that one performed their task without complaint, without thinking, almost as if her subconscious was trying to aid her.

“Yeller, you have any idea what it is?” was the question from one of the muttering men that grabbed back her attention, it meant they had all but given up and decided to defer to the owner’s wisdom.

“She’s earned the right to tell you herself Havel. Go on lass” he gestured as she stood up to make her way towards the bar once more, the better to engage with the mysterious stranger.

“A shoe” she told them simply as groans and heckles erupted from the contenders in the aftermath of such a simple answer.

“Go on then, another one Amelias. You got us” they responded eventually, not soon after she had taken up a position near to the stranger, lounging casually upon the smooth wooden surface.

“Oh I think Yeller should do one, his are the best. Not even I can get them” she returned and earned herself a few tentative chuckles – at least they were beginning to not hate her as much these days.

She left them to their games after another mug was placed before her, a handful of Laat exchanging hands with a small grunt from Yeller at being so well spoken of in a turn of phrase. As he thought up his next gambit she turned herself to face the stranger and smiled at him slightly, her single green eye taking him in from a closer vantage point.

“Don’t see many wanderers in here these days, to what do we owe the pleasure?” she asked him, for all the world probably looking like a Nykan to him dressed as she was in a rich blue dress laced with patterns in violet and a lighter cyan. She would use that to her advantage if that was the case, it was always reasonable to barter from a position of assumed power – it was the easiest move to succeed at.

Gloved hands clasped together, royal blue in color, as she leant her hip against the bar and wondered why such a type had decided to set himself up for a possible fall.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Ricky Maze on March 10th, 2013, 11:45 pm

The Nykan woman had taken a seat next to him, satisfied she had managed to distract the group for the amount of time she had. “Don’t see many wanderers in here these days, to what do we owe the pleasure?” Her outfit suggested that she was in fact a local Nykan like the rest. She was short compared to him, but as he was sitting down and she stood leaning they were about eye level. Ricky didn't necessarily glance over, but his peripheral vision suggested that she was observing him. Something the locals around here a habit of doing.

"I came here to ease my troubled mine, plus I never really tried ale before." He took another sip from the mug, and nodded as the taste washed over his tongue. "Hmm. Better then Kelp Beer, needs more of a kick though." He retorted with a grin. He was in the type of mood that was nearly flustered, but at the same time he was rather loose. Although he really could do with laughing in pain because of his broken ribs, he really just wanted to let go and have a fun time. To laugh at everything he would find even slightly humorous, so that the troubles of his mind would ease.

It was funny though because the tavern was a place filled with puzzles and riddles, and somehow by just being here Ricky already felt as though he had a few of his own to share. That would be something he could indulge in later though, for now he would partake in conversing with this stranger. She seemed to be a woman of astute perception, therefore she could likely have seen or heard rumors about Hannah.

"I've actually been lookin for a person, but I can't seem to find her; and all this searchin is startin to get rather hopeless." He finally shared with her, he still avoided looking over to her for now. As his focus was still focused on the mug of ale.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on March 13th, 2013, 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Zandelia on March 11th, 2013, 6:33 pm

She watched the man carefully, seeing if the way he moved and spoke would give her any information about him in terms of his character. It was of utmost importance to her that she not be seen to ingratiate herself with someone whom might cause trouble – it would defeat the very object of why she came to The Sharp Toothed Tavern, to cultivate and develop relationships of mutual…assistance. She had made much ground since the fateful day Revy Hiroe had returned and she was not about to waste it all so frivolously. She had been doing that for too many seasons, she knew that now, playing games rather than playing the game. Still, he intrigued her and she could spare a few chimes in pleasantries to see if he was worth getting to know more.

“I give you a group of three. One is sitting down and will never get up. The second eats as much as is given to him, yet is always hungry. The third goes away and never returns. What are they?” she heard Yeller ask the gathering of ‘philosophers’ and she could not help but pity them, smiling slightly at the riddle – a good one not often used.

She returned her full attention to the man before her and noted that he had a rugged look about him and, if she strained her gaze, she could almost imagine the half-shadow of something around his eye. Her interest was piqued but it also breathed of caution, after all someone a bit rough around the edges and a foreigner to add to it was dangerous in this city. There were many reasons why he might have entered the Sharp Tooth, but given his appearance she presumed that his main goal might have been to get terribly drunk and start a fight – he looked the sort to be involved in a scrape of two. His words, however, seemed to deflect her suspicions so she saw little reason to pursue the train of mentality further.

“With whatever caused you to come into this place without a disguise I can see why,” she responded with a small smile of her own as the ability to wink had been stolen from her years ago now, “Kelp Beer?” she asked him, grabbing her own mug and taking a sip as she swept towards where he was sitting, dress rippling as her legs moved.

“I have only heard of Kelp Beer coming from one place, though I have never had the…pleasure…of partaking of it. I hear it is a taste you never forget” she continued as she sat down opposite him, arranging her clothing so that it was comfortable, crossing her legs as she leant back and regarded the man further.

A Zeltivan in Nyka? What could prompt such a journey? It’s about as far apart as one can imagine if my geography is still worth its salt she pondered, turning over the words of this person in her mind and wondering if they truly were a friend…or someone the man was seeking for more nefarious purposes.

“So, how is Zeltiva these days? Last I was there it was a prosperous and safe port…relatively speaking of course. Earning gold to convert into Laat was not overly difficult with the right persuasion. Sadly, though, the streets were not paved with it like in stories” she gave off a sigh, for all the world trying to build up inside his mind the notion that she was a wealthy merchant of some kind – she would see how sharp his mind was in observation.

“This person you are searching for,” she asked him casually over the rim of her mug as she held it before her with both gloved hands, “might I ask why you are seeking them? Feel free to not tell me but you will find that foreigners don’t often get much help around Nyka, that much you might have noticed already. Still, there are some who do not see it that way…” she lets the words trail off into nothingness as she tilted her head.

Would he take the bait and, in so doing the hook too?

Last edited by Zandelia on March 14th, 2013, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Ricky Maze on March 11th, 2013, 9:33 pm

'What?! That's too generic. The only thing I can think of is a bum, a begger, and...' His thought trailed off on the third, the third goes away and never returns. He wondered if Telion worried about that, that if he came to Nyka he wouldn't be back to Zeltiva. Plenty of people have come and gone, some returned and then again some didn't.

As Ricky thought about it now, he felt as if he wouldn't be going home. For some reason he couldn't help but feel as though this trip would take a long time. This led him to guzzle the mug below half, with a sigh to follow as its bottom conked on the wood.

The woman had taken a seat across from him now, right in the spot he had made his staring place; this led him to look down to the mug. He was now starting to feel the buzz effect grow on him, but it wasn't enough to knock him on his arse. That's what Kelp Beer was for, that and wild nights with a best friend it seems.

His eyes shot up to the woman though when she spoke, a chuckle he'd once again regret came when she mentioned the taste. She was in fact very correct. The taste of that drink was something not even can put into full words, the only way he could put it was; The taste of the sea with a nasty kick. "Zeltiva's seen better days. We've had a plague hit us hard last season, but things have started to pick up." He didn't see the harm in sharing news with a stranger, after all this was a tavern. News and rumors were one of the very things that kept places like this running, apart from the alcoholic beverages they sold; and apparently, the riddles in this one.

The woman asked why Ricky was looking for Hannah, not that she knew it was Hannah of course; it was highly unlikely that she even knew Hannah period. 'Still a possibility.' He finally let a small friendly grin show, she must've been a foreigner too in order to point that out. Nyka definitely wasn't overly fond of helping foreigners, probably because they arrived in masses. "I've need to ask 'er questions, and bring 'er back home." He admitted with honesty in his eyes. There was little point in hiding the truth if he needed help, but he only spilled out information needed to be known. They story behind it wasn't ready to be heard just yet.

Ricky could'nt help but feel he knew the answer of the last one. There was something that rang familiar with it, something that screamed obvious in the city he was from. "Sailor." He finally blurted out for Yeller and the others to hear. He wasn't aware that the thought came out loud, but when the heads turned over that didn't stop him. "The third one's a sailor, isn't it?"
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Zandelia on March 11th, 2013, 11:15 pm

“I’m truly sorry to hear that, we had not heard of a plague,” she paused, sorrow upon her face truly now, “still it is good things are getting better. Got out of there in time I would say” she responded to his remarks, her voice partially overridden by the guessing game once more.

She chuckled as he responded to the growing babbled guesses from the group of people now virtually thronging around bar, each of them clamoring for both an answer and a good mug of wheat beer. She had to hand it to the wily Yeller, he knew how to sell to the masses with a level of artistry that bordered on genius. They came for the beer, yet they kept drinking for the riddles and their own misplaced sense of hubris. No wonder she caught the owner smiling to himself as she buffed a nearly clean mug to his satisfaction – he was being handed Laat after Laat with every wrong guess. She pondered upon that and knew there was an angle there, for someone as clever as Yeller was. She tucked that inside her mind for later exploration, for now she was…occupied. There was laughter as her new friend’s guess was rebuffed and she felt a wry twist to her lips.

“Don’t mind this lot my friend, they just don’t like it when they are outmatched…which is most of the time. Isn’t that right Yeller?” she half-shouted at them, making sure they could here.

“They’d be sharper if they listened more to their wits than their bellies” was the simple answer she got, she had managed to get further heckles and general jocular activity to buy them both a further few moments of respite.

Good, I can’t even bring myself to tell them the answer at any rate, not yet she told herself as she smiled at the man across from her.

“Sorry about that, they don’t seem to understand subtlety these days. Where are my manners?” she asked herself in mock disbelief, “Amelias” she extended her hand towards him, “and you are?” she enquired with a raised eyebrow.

Once she had her answer and the pleasantries were exchanged to formerly open the proceedings she drained the rest of her beer in stoic un-ladylike fashion and let it rattle upon the wooden table between them before it was whisked away and replaced with more of the same. She tilted her head and wondered how to continue, there had been few words and she wondered if that was because he was short spoken or guarded. She opted for the former, though it made little sense to her at that moment. Still, he had told her something at least and that was a start.

“It was a good guess, by the way, but you need to think of them as a whole. I’ll give you a clue, as a friend. The first you use to provide, the second to give life to the weary and the third is usually an annoyance to those who don’t enjoy it” she pursed her lips then, raising both eyebrows and wondering if he had as sharp a mind as some of those in here.

If so he will fit in well enough indeed. Perhaps I could even help him there, we will see… she noted, seriousness in her thoughts.

“Tell me, my friend, you say you wish to ask them questions, yes?” she opened with a circular route of logic rather than a direct one, she had to be sure, “they must be important questions to force you to travel all this way. Though, I suppose by ship it would be quicker. Still…a long journey even for a Zeltivan. Allow me a curiosity,” she continued amiably, eyes locked to his now, “would they be loving, or dangerous, questions? It would probably define whether you could find them and where they might be…”

“Could be that they are protected if they expect attack?” she stated, half of a question in her tone of voice.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Ricky Maze on March 15th, 2013, 12:38 am

"Ricky. A pleasure to meet ya." He said with with a friendly smile. He took the last bit of ale in one guzzle, and sat the mug over aside with eyes now focused on Amelias. He listened closely to the clues she provided and did his best to connect them with the first set. The lot had been doing their guessing and deep thinking to discover the possibilities of what the answers were. Ricky just couldn't piece the puzzle together though, his thoughts based the clues on seperate things; but them being together as a whole didn't make sense.

He listened to Amelias while he still wondered about the clues, a smile came on his face as he heard the mention of dangerous. Sure enough his business was purely the curiosity born out of the sake of what would be love, but ironically danger had been the thing he risked facing to get here. Was Hannah in any danger? Not that he was aware of, but if she were then he would be there to help her. He just wanted to hear the entire truth from her.

"Aye she's in no danger from me, if anythin was to threaten her I'd put a stop to it in a heartbeat." He admitted with confidence, though the feelings probably weren't returned he still felt strongly for her. There was nothing that would change what had happened between them, yet to go to such a great extent to disappear from someone's life? That was something that deserved an answer. "We have a short history her and I, and I don't want it to just simply end on her terms; not without knowing her real reasons anyhow."

Still he thought of nothing for the riddle, he literally felt himself defeated at every turn. He had no possible guesses in his head when he thought hard about it, even after he connected the clues together piece by piece. "Okay lass I can't handle it anymore, ye gotta tell me what the thing is." He pleaded with a small grin, as he embarrassingly admitted defeat with his wits.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Zandelia on March 18th, 2013, 6:30 pm

Zandelia listened to the words Ricky was saying but all the while tried to discern the validity, or lack thereof, behind them. Words were important to her of course, she dealt in them every day, however she had learnt that it was what lay behind those words that truly mattered. Was someone sincere, and if so, what fed their sincerity? Had a lie just slipped past her ears, snake-like and awaiting a brutal beheading before it became able to bite her? The considerations and more flowed through her brain as the dissection took place – she could not afford the slight privileges she had gained to be felled by a lack of caution, it would be foolish to say the least.

A dilemma is presented to me, it seems. This man comes halfway across the know world to find answers from a specific woman…and there are two possibilities upon the table. Either he is telling the truth and he’s akin to a love-struck hero from the tales of old…or he is lying so he can exact retribution upon an enemy she thought it through, considering other options but ultimately forsaking them. For such a long journey, for one person, she reasoned that the two left were the most probable. Of course, they still spanned some considerable scope of intent.

“Lass?” she raised an eyebrow only half-seriously, a small smile creasing her lips, “I’d wager I’m older than you, though I suppose the salt might be a good preservative. Still, admitting defeat is admirable – better than chattering away and proving to all a lack of wit” she opened with, she did not touch upon his quarry yet as she needed time to think.

“Tell you what, why don’t you have this one? They admire riddles here, and those who can solve them. My free treat to a foreign sailor who would travel the world for one person” she eyed him then, seeing if any reaction would spark – she thought she had seen something in him, fleeting and deep down. She wanted to know what it was and her phrase was the best crowbar she could think of quickly.

She leaned close to him, allowing her voice to drop so that only he would hear the trickle of words into his ear. She could help him, and in so doing, help herself – she saw nothing wrong with that. Sailors loved to drink, especially when on land she knew, and if Ricky were to be a frequent patron she could at least give him a chance to distinguish himself. If she managed to get him what he wanted…if she decided to…well, it meant there would be two people at The Sharp Tooth willing to aid her schemes without even knowing them – Ricky and Yeller himself.

“I’ll let you shout it out when you wish, but you might want to have a good riddle of your own to throw them or else the winning is only a half-triumph” she chuckled then, sipping her wheat beer a little before placing it upon the table gently and clasping her hands together in her lap.

She was inclined to believe the man before her, the more she thought of it. He seemed a hardy fellow and someone worth having in a fight. Still, there was a gentleness about him too, almost bordering upon the shy. He was becoming more talkative as time passed however he spoke only that which was needed – short sentences. Only those with nothing to hide or exquisite actors could do such a thing with exemplary ease and she didn’t place him as an actor. The evidence of his very being, from the clothing to his physique, refuted that fact.

Still…best to go slowly, carefully she warned herself.

“If your intent is peaceable, Ricky, then I can do my best to try and help you. Though it sounds very much like she doesn’t wish to be found,” she frowned slightly at that, musing upon the best strategy to use, “tell me about her. If you wish her to be found you must give me more to go on than the fact you want her. What precisely does she look like? Any distinguishing features or regular habits? Anything that could be used to predict her movements?” she asked, they were leading questions designed to get more of their story out of him but if they only procured facts then they were good enough.

I can always find her first and get the truth out of her of course she told herself, wisely noting that mentally as she awaited the responses.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riddle Me This [Ricky]

Postby Ricky Maze on March 18th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Ricky needed only a moment before a riddle came to him, something he felt would keep the people here guessing for a bit. Alas he waited as he listened to Amelias, her words sank in as his mind began to work. He wondered just how well he could trust her, how well she would know of any rumors as to whether Hannah had been seen.

He took it into heavy consideration, as the fact about the days he spent ended in hopelessness were proof that he couldn't do this alone. Therefore he was pretty much at the end of his rope. "All right. Ye think ya can help me, then I best tell ya from the beginning."

Ricky took just one more moment before he went into full detail, as his thoughts collected together to align the story he needed. "See I'm looking for this lass named Hannah, she's a red head that's left me for reasons I dunno. I thought her and I had somethin, but apparently she didn't agree and just left." Hence why he was here, why he looked for her, why he needed answers. "She's about mid height to me, has fiery red hair, beautiful skin, dresses in a tunic, and happens to like the sea." Probably why she went that far with Ricky, although he never sailed before until his journey and recently, he still had the blood of a sailor in him. Maybe that was one of her reasons to begin with, but that was just wishful thinking to Ricky.

"I care about 'er and just want to bring 'er home. So that we can hopefully get on with our lives whether we be together or seperate." He remembered the note he carried in his pocket, and pulled it out so she could read it. If he wanted to convince her his intentions were honest and true, then he would go the distance just to prove it. "She wrote this before she left, thus putting me in a state of question. Which is why I came all the way here, to find her and see what went wrong; and convince her to come back with me."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next