Myths?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Myths?

Postby Serta on March 4th, 2013, 5:34 am

I was typing up a thread a couple of weeks ago and i went to mention dragons in it before i realized, Oh yeah, Mizahar doesn't really have dragons, not even in myth. So that got me thinking, what myths do they believe in? And do different cultures and races hold stock in different mythical creatures? I'm really interested in this now and i think it could add a lot more interesting detail to the game.
Serta
The Woman is Wild

Words: 32146
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2013, 8:50 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Myths?

Postby Gillar on March 10th, 2013, 1:42 pm

I was just thinking about this a few days ago. I will be developing the Isur religion more as time goes on. Already I have put in "The Anvils" which is the Isurian Priesthood dedicated to Izurdin. With the priesthood as a base, I am going to be posting various Isurian myths and legends. This will include a more detailed creation myth of how the Isur came into being as well as how certain historical landmarks of the Isur were created, existed and eventually were destroyed or lost during the Valterrian. Legendary Heroes, Villains, Monsters, Artifacts, etc., will also be detailed.

I think that since most written material was destroyed during the Valterrian, some of the shorter lived races will have few remaining, remembered, myths and legends. Those that remain will be vastly different from those that came before. For the longer lived races, the memories are fresher and the stories are more clear.

Just thought I would let it be known that Myths are indeed being thought about.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)