Completed [Solo] Born Out of Water

Tsukiko is re-born in the Middle Suvan Sea...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

[Solo] Born Out of Water

Postby Cascade on March 4th, 2013, 1:44 pm

The Lia gazed at her with both admiration and loneliness. A gentle and wrinkled hand reached up to brush soft silvery hair. It was a bold action but Tsukiko would feel comfort in the gentleness of the stranger.

“Dear, you are Leth’s child, you are what we mortals call Ethaefal,” said the Lia in a soothing voice as she continued to brush the woman’s hair. “Long ago, there was a terrible war, and the lovers Leth and Syna suffered a devastating blow. It caused… a division in their realm…”

The old lady paused for a while. Finally, she brought her hand away and looked over the ship’s side. She gazed at the calm sea and saw her own reflection looking back at her.

“And in their realm dwelled the souls of their most precious followers, but the fissure in the realm causes some souls to fall and return to the mortal world. If you are lonely it is because you were once in a wonderful place, with Leth himself, and now you are here with the rest of us,” she continued. There was so much pity in her voice, for the Lia knew how difficult it was for Leth and Syna’s children to cope. “You will learn more in due time.”

With a sigh, she turned and looked back at the Ethaefal.

“Most of your kind—they call themselves names that have to do with the stars,” said the elderly lady. “But you should call yourself whatever you wish, whether it is one that reminds you of Leth or not.”
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Solo] Born Out of Water

Postby Tsukiko on March 8th, 2013, 9:03 am

She watched the woman reach a hand towards her, and caught a flash of something out of the corner of her eyes. It was then that she notice her hair was no longer the brown mix she had had moments before. She lifted a hand holding a silvery lock before her eyes. Returning her gaze towards the Lia, she was quiet for a few moments. She noticed and felt her loneliness as strongly as her own. As the older woman touched her hair, she became aware that the woman before her, though a stranger, and a leader, was gentle, and she took comfort of the elder woman's touch.

"...Eth..Ethaefal..." she murmured, as if tasting the word. 'My people...', she thought, turning her eyes to stare down at her reflection in the waters below, eyes widened slightly, her expression otherwise unreadable. She blinked, seeing a different face than before, just as her hair had changed in mere moments.

As the Lia spoke once again, she listened, a small part of her recognizing the truth in the elder's words, as her gaze lifted towards the sky, stars... the moon. She tried to imagine what it could have been like, in the realm of the gods with the moon himself. For a moment, she attempted to picture what it had been like, but she drew a blank, and her loneliness grew. Absorbed as she was in her thoughts, she did not notice the pity behind the Lia's words.

Turning her attention back to the elderly woman beside her, she listened with interest, return to thought. On impulse, she looked to the moon, and stood quietly, thinking of a name suitable for a child of the moon...

"Child of the moon... Moon's child... Moon Child..." she said in hushed tones. She looked up slowly, her gaze meeting the Lia's. With a cautious smile which lit up her already vibrant eyes, like that of a child, she said, "I... I think I know what name to choose... Tsukiko... 'Moon Child'...", a small laugh escaping her lips, out of bewilderment, or happiness, or perhaps even a mix of both, she did not know, for the name had seem to come from no where. Her smile became slightly more confident, a gentle night breeze twirling silver stands around her face. She looked to the elder woman for approval, still hesitant, unsure of herself.
Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko
Sings both night & noon, dreaming of the moon

Words: 123880
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2013, 1:15 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

[Solo] Born Out of Water

Postby Cascade on March 16th, 2013, 5:16 am

“That is a beautiful name.”

Tsukiko would soon discover that the Oceangem pod would treat her as their one of them. While she was not fully Svefra, the Lia understood the situations of her kind. She was one of them in a past life and she had been unwillingly sent back to the mortal world.

Adventurer's Loot

Tsukiko's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Swimming +2
Rhetoric +2
Acrobatics +1

Lore:
The Fall
The Oceangem Pod
Ardein Oceangem
Pinn Oceangem
Lia Diondra Oceangem
Ceta Oceangem
Cea Oceangem
The New Name: Tsukiko
Meeting Otani
That was a fun social thread. :) I'm sure Tsukiko will be forming a nice bond with the pod. If you ever need me to do more threads with you, please don't hesitate to ask. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous