Closed (Kova's Well) Welcome Home... (Fallon)

Orion waits for Fallon in order to try and find out what happened

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

(Kova's Well) Welcome Home... (Fallon)

Postby Orion Michaels on March 9th, 2013, 8:14 am

Orion

He smiled softly, his lips pursing as her finger contacted them. She'd always been one who used touch to express what she felt and understand what one was feeling. "I suppose it's quite absurd to look at me doing it. At least you aren't a stranger to conflict in the way I am." Their hands met, fingers intertwining, an almost symbolic moment of their reunion. "I don't know what i was thinking, but I can't back out now." Right after the storms, before she'd left, he told her of his plans to pick up his scalpel again, resume his practice of medicine. For a year he'd built a reputation, for a year he'd worked hard to find purpose. "I had the knights recruiting me and everything. I really couldn't say why. I was only known for a few things.." He gave a hearty chuckle at her comments. It was something that had crossed his mind many times. The dormitories allowed no guests. That meant his conquests would be more difficult to complete.

"I was hoping I could count on you to help out with that problem......not happening?" He squeezed her hand playfully, certain that the lovely Miss Skylar had not once felt anything towards his advances, whether serious or otherwise. She'd seen enough of his work that anything he'd tried was cut off before it could even begin.

"I'd be happy to play your little game, Fal, but I don't even know where to start. Umm..." He took his free hand and scratched the back of his while he contemplated what he would ask. There were a million questions, not enough time. "I guess I'll keep it simple. Where did you go?" It couldn't have been to far, really. She'd been gone but four seasons, much of it certainly spent travelling. "And I'm cheating, but how do you know that other squire?" He raised his eyebrows in a suggestive, teasing manner. "Picking up men in your travels? Isn't that the sort of thing you'd berate me for?"

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on March 9th, 2013, 11:22 am

Fallon looked at him, eyebrow raised, amusement filling her face. Her lip curled “I don’t think you’d be capable of begging well enough to have me.”
A grin flashed on her face, but she swallowed it just as quickly as it appeared. She could have teased him if she wanted to, but right now that was far from her mind and her intentions. She heard his questions giving small nods as she heard them, even to his more suggestive comments.
“Where did I go?” she turned her head away and looked into the depths of the well once more “I went to Nyka again and spent most of the summer there. It had just broken free of the chaos that consumed it, that blasted storm,” She frowned for a moment “It stretched far and wide alright, twisted everything that it touched. I guess it was dumb luck that I stayed in one piece out there. And after that I was going to go south to Sunberth. But…” it was at this point she gave a simple shrug “Plans change I guess.”

Though the change in plans was an unintentional one. To say that she missed the place that she called home and the people that resided there would be an understatement. Emotions were raw, and were in need of healing. She had little choice but to answer herself instead of her mind for a change. She fell silent for a moment, her brow creasing as she remembered Kreig and her meeting.
“If I didn’t know any better, I would have said you were jealous Orion,” she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye “You see him as competition?” she gave a sigh as she shook her head mockingly, her mind flicking through her memories “Anyway, depends on what you mean by picking up. If him stumbling into your camp at an ungodly hour counts as picking up a man, and then having to help him and his patron fight off wolves counts as picking up a guy… then I must be very good at it. But Orion, don’t tell him about what I am and things, Okay?”

“My turn now? And seeing as you asked two questions… I’ll ask two,” she leaned over the edge of the well, focusing down intently into it. She flickered through her questions before coming to her own chosen one. A very pointed one at that “So, you found any one you like yet? Or is that a silly question to ask?” Her expression for a moment grew still and calm, before giving a simple shrug “the other is… well it’s your birthday soon. So uhh…” she gave a laugh “Is the old man too old to make plans for it?”
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on March 9th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Orion

"Psht, begging. I'm skilled beyond begging," he retorted, unable to stop the grin from overwhelming his face. Expertly deflected as any other time. Their relationship wasn't quite one of siblings, but it was close. Orion would poke, prod, and tease her relentlessly at times, but he genuinely considered her so far above accepting his advances. He really didn't want her to because they could enjoy a friendship untainted by his habits. He'd be pressed to admit it, but he thought her a better person than he, and it wasn't something he was willing to ruin. "Nyka," he repeated, trying to think on the name she'd given. Perhaps he'd heard it once or twice, but honestly, it was nowhere the squire could consider familiar. She had the right of it, though. It was nothing more than dumb luck that something hadn't happened to her. There had been stories of warped creatures terrorizing, and even more so disconcerting was the rumors of the land itself changing...

He shook his head, laughing quietly at her suggestion that Orion viewed the other squire as competition. "Fal, you know that if it came down to it, I don't have any competition," he teased, pushing his shoulder against hers playfully. "I thought I was the one who brought people home." It was an interesting story of their meeting. A chance meeting in the woods. A battle. "I see.." Then she eluded to her secret, begging his continued silence on the matter. "I'll let him see how pretty, impulsive, and wonderful you are on his own, don't you worry." Piercing blue eyes twinkled with amusement while Orion gave a reassuring squeeze to her hand. "I won't say a word, you know that."

Then the tables were turned, and where else to start but with Orion's love life? It was either non existent or a full library of conquests depending on your definition of love. "Who's worried about competition now," he jabbed. He thought a moment, a brief look of pain painting his face. "There...was one. A beautiful, intelligent Benshiran girl. Basha'ir. She disappeared suddenly, though. So not really," he concluded. "I'm still the same old digusting person that drives you crazy."

His birthday? Gods, he was getting old.

"I guess I hadn't put much thought into it. Pretty much everyone I'd considered a friend had left the city, so I expected another evening at the Stallion. 'It's my birthday' is a surprisingly successful tool to use," remarked Orion, letting the suggestive tone drip from his words. "Why do you ask? Don't tell me you've organized a party already."

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on March 9th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Fallon did not say anything, or more over she did not need to. Her lip curled again, listening to Orion’s words and the teases he shot her way. But then she caught a glimpse of his face twisting in displeasure before continuing on. She gave a frown, her lips pursing together as he reminisced about painful past event.
“You were an idiot for not at least trying to find her then,” she turned her head away, a sign almost of disapproval that he had let a potential interest escape his hold.
At least you can go out and not worry about what or who you love. Well, not too much at least, She felt her jaw tighten slightly, her hold on his hand loosen slightly At least you can go out and be yourself without consequences. You really are an idiot. She inhaled, but kept her eyes focused elsewhere “I suppose there are plenty more fish in the sea for an old disgusting person like you.”

Of course, Fallon would have disagreed on calling him such things in general. He was indeed a good person; he just had the tendency to go about it the wrong way quiet a lot of the time. Though she could also blame herself for not being there to keep him flying straight. The year apart had indeed made the pair of them change, though who had changed the most out of the pair of them was still questionable. She gave a laugh and lowered her eyes listening to his next comment.

“Orion, I might be smart, intelligent, and have a goddess of wisdom keeping an eye on me,” she looked at him once more “But there is no way even I can with all my brains, knowledge and wit organise anything within being only home for nearly three days now. So in answer to your question, see it as little more than fishing for ideas,” She gave a teasing smile “Though I can just leave you to the Stallion if that’s what you want.”
Fallon was indifferent about his choice, and it was clear by the expression on her face that this was the case. He was after all her elder, and so old enough to make his own decisions in life. If he wanted her company she would give it, if he did not then she would go do her own thing. She pulled away, releasing her hold on him before she stepped over to the other side of the well. She gave a sniff and stared into its depths “So, what do you want to do?”
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on March 10th, 2013, 10:36 am

Orion

His brow furrowed slightly at her assumption that he hadn't tried to find her. Gods had he ever. They had just made up after a particularly bad fight, agreed to give things another try, and then she was gone. For a full season Orion had gone to her door, knocked, and begged for a reply. Hoped for a reply. Even prayed for a reply. He had to assume that she'd just moved on with her life, and that life had no room for Orion. Despite how he'd held her. Despite how their lips had touched. For Fallon to accuse him of not trying? It was a wound he wasn't quite prepared for. Of all people to be annoyed at him for letting someone walk, it was Miss walk away herself. Unbelievable.

"Are you kidding me," he growled, their happy reunion suddenly marred by an unnecessary comment, and an overreaction to the said comment. "You're going to say that to me? You?!" The once friendly tone in his voice had vanished, an extremely aggressive one materializing in its place. "Of all people to judge me on that." He'd crossed the line quickly this time, and it was rapidly becoming apparent that perhaps this wouldn't be that happy reunion they thought to have. Orion's ability to control his temper fluctuated daily, as he was really uneven when it came to insults, perceived or otherwise.

He pulled his hand from hers, turning away in anger. "You think I didn't? You think I wouldn't.? For crying out loud." Their little game didn't matter anymore. His birthday had never mattered. What had mattered, what did matter, were the raw feelings for Basha'ir that he still couldn't bury. "I spent an entire season hoping I'd see her or hear from her again. Nothing." Perhaps he'd underplayed his feelings for the Benshiran woman the first time he'd mentioned her. It was some more than like, but not quite that fearful word that would send Orion packing. "She had a blasted adopted child and I searched for her still. "

Orion shook his head, frowning slightly as he began to slowly make his way from Kova's Well; slowly making his way from Fallon. "What a waste." Everything was supposed to be better. She was supposed to support him, not say something that would derail his evening. And Orion? He was supposed to keep his temper under check, forgive Fallon for what she did, expecting, no knowing that when he messed up, she'd do the same for him. None of that happened. Instead, an angry Orion couldn't keep his temper from boiling over. "Let's petching try this some other day..." Unless convinced otherwise, Orion continued his departure. The hypocrisy was too much.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on March 10th, 2013, 11:51 am

Fallon did not say anything. Her eyes grew dulled and glazed, her face still to the point of unflinching. She simply looked upon the shouting man from the other side of the well. She knew far well what she said, and it was no doubt that she deserved it. The mental barriers were raised; the wall built up around her heart once more. It was safer to cut oneself off from the outside world, to stop the heart and words from wandering out. It was safer to wrap oneself in silence and the gloom of the darkness. Fallon regressed away, her throat sealing shut, unable to make a sound. Orion raised his voice, his temper lost, and it was all her fault. Then again, she had almost become adjusted to the idea that most of the situation was her fault. If she never became a squire, they never would have met. If she never came back to Syliras. If she never survived the outside world. Hindsight was indeed a wonderful thing, and the more she thought about it the more true to her it became. Fallon Skylar, the big petch up who should of just disappeared to never return, and should no doubt always be better off alone.

She watched him walk away, anger ensnaring him. It was indeed a waste, she could not argue that, and deep down she knew that the ‘some other day’ would not come. Wounds had been ripped open, and she doubted Orion would want anything to do with her after that. Of course the other argument was that she should have also known better to assume, but then again his vagueness did not leave much to the imagination.
“I always petch up,” she managed to say, though it was far from directed at Orion. It was more of a monologue to herself; the thoughts no longer able to remain contained and silenced, “Stupid idiot who can’t get anything right. Just better off alone. Should just bloody disappear again. Make everyone happy if I disappear. Stop the pain and the annoyance,” Her jaw clenched, her fingers gripping on tightly to the well “Better off god-damn alone. Never should have come home.”

There was no use trying to stop him in her mind, his departure was imminent, and with his current mood she doubted herself in even having a chance in even halting it. Nothing was better, everything was ruined.
Why try when there was no hope? Because that’s what makes us who we are. Then we’re idiots. She choked once more on her voice, her words falling silent. It was not suppose to be like this. Everything was wrong. Then fix it! But it’s too late. It’s never too late. I’m bett- Don’t start that bull shyke! But- Even the hardest tasks start with the smallest step. She forced herself to move, shaking steps dragging her out from her side of the well. Even the most simplistic movements were a difficult task now, a mental battle between running away or doing the right thing. She reached for him in the gloom, her face once more masked in shadow, her fingers feebly clinging onto his cloak.
“If you want to go, then go. If you want to strike me down with words or fist, then do it. If you want to cross me out of your life, say and I’ll leave. But… just know, that I know I had no right to say that. I… didn’t know, and I won’t ask for forgiveness over my own ignorance. I’ll just… just…”
It was done, it was said. Though she doubted it would do little good now. Most things she said did little good when his anger was apparent. Her fingers slipped away, her shoulders hunching in almost to protect herself once more. Be it the departure of an old friend or the onslaught of words, she would take it as always.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on March 10th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Orion
She'd stopped him? Fallon Skylar had given chase enough to stop him? It was unexpected, unlike her, and it threw Orion off. He didn't turn to look back at her as he felt her fingers tug at his cloak. She'd grown on her adventure, hadn't she? The young, impulsive, stupidly brilliant woman had matured, easily beyond what the volatile Squire Orion Michaels could claim. There were certain subjects with which the simplest of missteps could send him tumbling into vicious, biting words.

Fallon deserved better than what he was giving her. Yet, everything was all so new, his mind still working to truly process that she'd returned. For her to hit him in his heart like that, in a spot most sensitive, it was just too much for him that evening. Orion put all his energies into pretending like he didn't care about anything else, pretending like nothing fazed him, and pretending like nothing really mattered. So when Fallon was their, expertly slicing through years of defenses, there was little he could do.

"Maybe we're both fools, Fal." He sighed, turning his head slightly back, though not even to actually look at her. "I don't want to hit you, I don't want to yell at you, and I sure as petch don't want you out of my life. You're the only person who puts up with my outbursts and hasn't cut me off entirely." He reached back to where her fingers grabbed his cloak, reassuringly touching them with his own. "It's just all too..raw, right now. I've spent so long not feeling outwardly, that when I do....." The corners of his lips curled into a half smile as he took a deep breath to center himself. "Well, you know. You've put up with it, after all. We're fine, Fal. You're not stupid, you don't always petch up. Sometimes," he teased, " but not always. I'm sure you've got a better record than I." Turning his head slightly more, he let piercing blue eyes catch hers, nodding in acknowledgement of his feelings, her feelings, and their words. "No one is better off without you, Fal. It's why it hurt so much when you left." Orion took a step away, freeing himself from her grasp. "We're okay. I promise. You're not going to get away from me because I can't always control my emotions. Not if I can help it. I'm just..tired. I'm heading back to the suite."

He stole one more look back as he began to wander back towards the squire dormitories. A sincere but weary smile sat upon his lips. "I'm glad you're back."

Onward he walked, his cloak pulled tight. It wasn't exactly as he'd imagined the night would go, but he couldn't have been surprised, either. Nothing was ever a surprised when those two were together.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on March 10th, 2013, 9:12 pm

She met his gaze for a moment, that flicker of reassurance was caught by her, those eyes locking with hers, those calming words escaping from his lips. Her eyes widened slightly, not with disbelief, but instead relief. That moment of touch sealing the truth of the words. But just as quickly as he had spoke, did he slip once more from her grasp. She gave a swallow, and thought for a moment on following after him. Yet still she hesitated. He needed time; she needed time, if anything to comprehend what had happened during the events of the night.
“Ah, sleep well,” she managed to say as his walked away “And thanks.”

And there Fallon stood once more in the gloom, truly alone this time. Her thoughts began to settle, her mind becoming untangled from the emotions that filled the air. It was all she could think of now, the scene echoing in her mind, of what had been gained and what had been lost. A maddening world it had become. Maddening enough that she found difficulty in thinking through her words before saying them.
Really Fallon? Sleep well was the best you could think of? she gave a sigh at her thoughts It was the best I could think of at the time.
She waited a while, her footsteps pacing around the well, giving herself time to reflect. She mused for a while whilst hovering over the edge of the well, her eyes staring into the black below.
Funny how these things end up. How are lives and fates are already intertwined. Predetermined almost by another force. Funny how we have to bring ourselves through tears and pain, to make ourselves survive and reach the other side. No matter what we do, or how we go about it, no matter if we run or walk… she clapped her hands together as if confirming a thought.
“The road of life calls forth,” she felt her lip curl and with a strong stride she started off in the direction of the dormitories.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Accolade on March 20th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Orion

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Rhetoric + 3 XP
Interrogation + 2 XP
Socializing + 4 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Kova's Well - location
Maybe We're Both Fools
Fallon - that girl

Fallon

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Rhetoric + 3 XP
Interrogation + 2 XP
Socializing + 4 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Orion - that boy
Kova's Well - location
The Road of Life Calls Forth

Notes :
Good thread guys. I look forward to seeing more from you two squires.

The Sylir has spoken
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous