Location [Syliras Entrance] The Main Gates

Please post here first after registering!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Main Gates

Postby Everleigh on June 13th, 2010, 5:16 am

10th day of Summer, 510 AV

It was once said that the best storyteller is one who has experienced the tale for himself. I am unsure as to how I was able to tell such great stories when I was both an outsider and unwanted in the hold. My life has been bland thus far filled with mischief, loneliness and pain. Shunned because of my Inarta roots and pained because of my mother's illness, I have always been lonely and prone to mischievous behaviors. How else was I to make use of my time but to sneak off to the stables where my dearest friends lived. I was told that my mother would never get well. I know that her health is in Morwen's hands but I cannot help but think that maybe I could do something for her. Mother used to tell me that even though I was different, no one could tell a story quite like I could. Knowing full well that I bore the mark of Morwen on my body, she would urge me to tell stories to the people of the hold. Even though I could make even the hardest person cry, I felt my stories to be missing something. "Experience," is what great mother Eislinn would tell me, "Experience is what you are missing." Being the mother of my mother and the oldest of the hold, she was easily the wisest person I knew. I now take her words with me as I enter a new world and live a new life outside the hold. I will no longer be shunned or ignored. I hope that one day, the Wyntermoon hold can see me for who I really am and listen to my stories not because they are the tales of our ancestry, but because they are tales that I have experienced. Tales that will leave them in awe of the girl behind the words.

Everleigh paused to touch the intricate flower patter on her neck that trailed down her back, shoulders and waist. Looking up from her journal, she reached up a hand to smooth the hairs from her face and wipe the sweat that lingered on her brow. Her eyes, now a warm and content brown, gazed up the well worn path at the gates of Syliras. With a loud sigh, she stood up from her seat against the tree situated a few paces from the road. Starlight grazed contentedly not far away. Her ears perked up at the sound of Everleigh's movement.

After the journal and charcoal stick were safely tucked away in a saddle bag, Ever led the mare to the road. It was about midday and the road to Syliras was crowded with travelers, vendors and citizens alike. She hesitated at the side of the dirt path, her eyes shifting from a warm brown to a wary green. An eerie feeling shivered down her spine. A quick survey of the area revealed a darkly clad rider. His icy blue eyes set in a handsome chiseled face bore into her own from underneath his dark cloak. The horse he sat upon in a regal manner was as black as midnight. As he passed, he winked once and turned away. Ever's eyes flashed an icy blue in response as panic made every muscle in her body freeze. Starlight, sensing her unease, shifted uneasily beside her. "Easy," she soothed in the common tongue accented by her Vanthan roots.

When the shock of his flirtatious gesture had worn off, she cursed herself for not considering how much of a beacon her bright red hair and pure white mare were. With quick movements, she merged with the many bodies, animals and carts and forded her way through to the gates. A quick nod from the Syliran Knight allowed her inside the safety of the city's walls. She breathed a deep sigh of relief but was instantly swallowed up in the crowd of people inside. Her moment of peace lasted for only a few short seconds as the sounds of the city greeted her and the weight of the adventure she was embarking on began to sink in. Life was about to change drastically for Ever. With one last glance at the gates, she nudged Starlight through the endless throng of bodies and carts.
Everleigh
Player

Words: 3424
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2010, 3:57 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Darius on June 14th, 2010, 10:13 pm

2nd Day of Summer, 510 AV

The average person probably wouldn't notice him. In fact, the average person has been known to step on the poor creature. Darius is 2 inches tall when he stands perfectly straight, and even then he is, for obvious reasons, easy to miss. He'd expected to be let into Syliras without a single glance, that's how things went on average, after all. Of course, the guards were no average peasants, and they were trained to spot incoming people, no matter how tiny they may be. So, before Darius could enter Syliras he was questioned in the usual manner. A guard said, "Please state your name and business." He simply replied, "Darius, looking for something to do." If the guard was suspicious at all by that answer he didn't show it. Maybe he was told to let anyone in, maybe he didn't think a Pycon could be any trouble. Either way, it didn't matter to Darius, he was too excited by all the possibilities that now lay in front of him.
Darius
Player

Words: 7959
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2010, 2:27 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 17th, 2010, 4:48 am

1st Day of Summer, 510 AV

She looked up to the walls above the gates, wondering just how hard it would be to climb them, until ultimately deciding - just moments after - that it would be a better idea to go through the gates. She crouched down and picked up an average sized house cat, mostly black with white tipping the end of each paw.
"It's better this way Kipps," she said with a smile, gently petting her feline companion. "They're a lot less likely to mess with you if they think you're my pet."
Kipps didn't struggle against her, but laid in the cradle she had made for him with her arms. He purred softly and nestled his head against her shoulder.
She approached the gate with confidence, stopping by the guards as she knew was the custom.
"State your name and your business," said one of the knights as he glanced over her, checking for any signs of suspicion.
"Akiva Korvashi, I come to visit my parents," she said in an outright lie. She had no intention of seeing those listless commoners again. It was a fair enough answer, and they didn't question it.
"Haven't got anything in the pack have you?" One of them asked her before letting her go. The other knights eyes were firmly fixed on Kipps, who appeared to be staring into the mans soul.
"Just some personal belongings and a handful of necessities," she replied.
The knight nodded and let her pass. As Akiva walked away from the knights, Kipps turned his head to stare at the knight until he was out of sight.
"You know that's not polite Kipps," she said with a giggle, and set him down on the ground again.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on June 17th, 2010, 11:00 pm

1rst Day of Summer 510AV
"state your name and purpose" the guard called out. The hot summer sun made it just hot enough in Syliras as to be uncomfortable, and even moreso for those wearing armor, and those used to living in perpetual winter. "I'm Keorvic of Whitehold, here to do some trading, and to find a place to get out of this terrible heat." said the man, wiping sweat away and brushing several errant hairs back from sticking to his face. "Hah! it's only gonna get hotter. You'll be from up north then? a Vantha eh? what brings you to our city?" asked the other guard, as his companion began to noisily enjoy an apple. "Half-Vantha yes, and like I said, just here to sell some trinkets and see if I can pick up some goods." Keorvic said smiling. "well good luck to you. enjoy your stay."
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Character sheet

Postby Verlin Ranes on June 24th, 2010, 10:25 pm

6 Summer AV 510

Today was the day. Every step toward the walls made Verlin's body tingle in anticipation, coinciding with the knot developing in his stomach. How many times had he accompanied grain caravans through these very gates? Now, his life's dream would be fulfilled. Or at least begin to be fulfilled. There were years of hard work and study to be had in these magnificent looming walls. His smile was infectious.

Arriving at the gate, the two Knights nodded to him. The larger of the two tilted his head to the side as he spoke to Verlin. "Aren't you the Ranes kid?", he asked of the young man. Verlin straightened himself, the wrapped canvas holding his things being sorted and rustled through until it was in a reasonable pile. "Yes, Sir. I've left the farm, though. I am entering the City to seek entrance into the Knights."

The two men looked at each other, grinning. The other piped up. "Well, we wish you luck and speed in your travels, then. If you are going to live in the City, I suggest you follow the wall until you reach the Housing Authority. Speak to Tenner Nigriso there to petition the Knights for permanent residence. I can't imagine it will be too difficult. We eat your references daily." The two chuckled and clapped Verlin on the shoulders. He ate bread so much that he couldn't wait to try some fruit or fish, something different. Smiling and nodding, he carried his load into the great sprawling city.
Verlin Ranes
Player

Words: 6738
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 12:46 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Tressa on June 25th, 2010, 9:43 pm

The dull thud of the borrowed mounts hooves had become a steady rythym playing itself in Tressa's mind over and over, never missing a beat. As she neared the impressive and somewhat intimidating gate of Sylira she sat up properly in the saddle, What will they think of you if you try to pass into their city looking pitiful and homely? She thought to herself. There wasn't much she could do about the homely part, the hot summer sun had bean beating on her relentlessly for hours. She was hot, sweaty and exhausted.

Slowing the mount to a halt just before approaching the gates, she dismounted. She didn't want the guards to have to look up to her, after all she was nothing special. Taking the exhausted mare by the reins she whispered, "Come now, tired beast your work is done." to it softly. Leading it to the gates.The knight guarding the gate intimidated Tressa slightly. He towered over her by atleast a foot as he inspected the horse and her belongings. "I seek only a place to rest and perhaps a hot meal." She said to the knight as he finished his task.

After informing her of some nice establishments he granted her access to the city. "Thank you" She said softly, not waiting around for a reply She hurried through the gates. So this is Sylira, she thought smirking to herself as she layed her eyes apon the city for the first time.
"And we danced to the sound of a dying race, around and around beneath a burning sky"
Tressa
The devil's Temptress

Words: 71503
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2010, 3:56 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ardeos on July 7th, 2010, 3:35 pm

7th day of Summer 510 AV

"It's good to be back home", Ardeos thought as he walked up to the city gates. His relief of finaly being home covered his suspension about his upcoming quest for knighthood. This would be the most important day in his life. He recognised the other one of the guards near the gates but couldn't recall his name. The guards knew he was part of the Syliran knights so they let him pass without asking any questions.

Ardeos thought about paying his mother a visit but decided to keep on his original plan. He had come here to ask for guidance from The Windoak. He would become a Syliran knight and follow his father's footsteps. Yes, that's what he would do.
Ardeos
Player

Words: 2427
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2010, 10:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ranie on July 13th, 2010, 1:46 pm

42nd Day of Summer 510 AV

The mid-morning sun shone bright as it made it's climb over the great walls of Sylira while the slightest of breezes danced in the air. It was a wonderful day for one of Ranie's rare ventures outside the city gates.

The Kelvic woman fell in line to return to the city, her home for as long as she could remember. She loved the ever present hum of people going about the daily business. Traders and merchants, scholars, visitors, the city guard, the animals and all their chatter...

She absently itched at her arm as her turn to enter approached, the fabric of her clothes made her skin crawl. She knew that it was unacceptable to walk in this form without clothing and she submitted, but she refused to wear those awful shoes. Around her wrist she wore her most treasured possession: her belled leather collar. A soft ringing sound emitted from the bell with the slightest movement.

Lady, what's on your face? the guard asked as she stepped forward. He looked her over, trying to spot anything else out of the ordinary.

My stripes, what else? she grinned at him, filled with pride.

Name and business?

Ranie... that's all. I have a room inside, lived here since I was a little one.

Noting her response, her reluctantly waved her through. You know where you're going then?

Yes sir! She continued on her way, her bell jingling with each step.
Ranie
Player

Words: 3726
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2010, 9:00 pm
Character sheet

Postby Yngvie on July 13th, 2010, 6:43 pm

A shadowy figure moved through the crowd of people heading through the gates of Syliras. Yngvie relished the fact that he stood out so well among the crowd. He was wearing his midnight black robe and boots. On his back was his scythe and he was using a small knife to carve a small statue. His midnight black hair easily showed against the bright sun and his where a deep purple. He had heard stories of Syliras before, that it was the pinnacle of society. Out of all of the cities that he had seen before, which was not many, it was certainly not very special, at least not in his eyes. Avanthal, the city he was born in, was certainly much more impressive as far as beauty was concerned.
"We are very close now aren't we? Yes, this is where we shall begin our journey in full." Yngvie whispered to himself as he carved his statue. The already wary people around him seemed to shrink back. He laughed quietly to himself, the intolerance and misunderstandings of most people amused him. He had no idea what he would do inside of those gates; perhaps he would find some sort of tutor to teach him the ways of magic, or maybe he would find some way to make money, although he really didn't need it. As Yngvie approached the guards, one of them stopped him. "Who are you and what is your business here?" the guard said. "Well I can't tell you what my business is, but I can tell you that you aren't doing your job very well. Look at all of these suspicious people going right past you!" Yngvie said, motioning towards a group of people who where all dressed in rags. "Why, think about what they could be hiding!" The guard looked at him confusedly for a second before running to stop them. Yngvie threw his head back and cackled before walking through the gates.
Yngvie
Chaos's Herald

Words: 9059
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2010, 6:10 am
Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 15th, 2010, 12:24 am

67th Day of Summer, 510 AV

A galloping horse rode in with Ventus on the saddle, it's back overloaded with tent supplies and other useful accessories to Ventus. It looked very tired, and it seemed to not have had water for quite a while. As the red headed archer rode in on the horse, a guard walked up, stopping him and the horse. "Officer, I didn't do it!" Ventus said jokingly, trying to make himself seem a little more alive than he really was at the moment. The guard didn't laugh, but looked at the condition of the horse.

"I am sure you did. Sir, your horse seems quite sick, and I don't know if I can allow you to ride it until nourished. Please be directed to the stables by another guard," he replied to the horrible joke Ventus had made. He sighed a bit and edged himself off the horse. He had been traveling from Wind Reach to this place for almost three years to work on hi glassmaking and of course the first thing to happen would be him getting in trouble. He patted the horse and led it forward, following a guard to the stables inside the city. There, after the guard left, he met a young female who was running back and forth.

"Excuse me," Ventus started, "miss, I need to get my horse a place to sleep, and by the looks of it, a lot of water..." He turned to look at his horse who's eyes were almost closed and who's mouth was just hanging open. "I was told this kind didn't need much water, and apparently, I took that way to seriously."

The girl stopped as she saw the condition of the horse and immediately took it in. Ventus walked away, happy to get his horse conditioned and to not have the load of a tent for the moment.
Ventus
Player

Words: 10962
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

PreviousNext